List of Maryland Cities/Communities to get "refugees"

b23hqb

PREMO Member
OK, I'll bite....

The video describes the Syrian Conflict.

From 3:19 beyond the video acknowledges 4 major concerns from the Western World, assuming if we let in the Syrian refuges.

1. Overuse and collapse of the Social system
2. Terrorism
3. High birth rates
4. Crime

It's deja vu all over again - exactly what we have been experiencing for the last 30 years or so, thanks to our friends to the south, mostly, those that willingly choose to NOT assimilate, which is the large majority.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I wonder how many will be unaccompanied young adult males?

Yeah. The demographics, at least in the pictures being shown, are interesting. Typically refugees are heavily weighted towards women, children and the elderly with not very many young, healthy males. Young, healthy males seem to be dominant with these refugees, at least in the visuals I've seen.

That should make our Intel guys sort of take a 2nd look.

Hessian

FIFTEEN states have openly refused to take the Syrian radicals-in-training.

Need a legal expert here (Tilted?)
WHO's authority are they defying? WHO is in charge of the invasion of Syrians? What recourse do they have to FORCE states to take the islamo-nazis? Executive order? Homeland Security? Immigration & Naturalization?....can any of these bypass the Governor's decree?

lmor

This morning I emailed Governor Hogan to urge him to refuse to admit refugees to Maryland.
Has anyone written to express their opposition?

WHO's authority are they defying? WHO is in charge of the invasion of Syrians? What recourse do they have to FORCE states to take the islamo-nazis? Executive order? Homeland Security? Immigration & Naturalization?....can any of these bypass the Governor's decree?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

You can read the Refugee Act of 1980 (Public Law 96-212) and see if you can find out. I'm pretty sure the Fed gives certain states the funds to take in refugees and there seems to be a requirement for consultation with Congress prior to taking them, but we know "the One" sometimes bypasses things he doesn't care for.

The state list is now at 26. Where is Tilted!

If you're asking whether these states can refuse to allow refugees in, the answer is with little doubt: No. Statements by governors to the effect that their states won't accept the refugees are mostly just hollow political rhetoric. They frame their declarations that way to score political points as they know, because it's been pretty clearly established, that the federal government gets to decide who can or can't enter the country. And they can't stop people that are here from coming to their states, or even from being brought there by the federal government. In other words, some of the governors are grandstanding.

Now, to be clear, some of the governors may sincerely (though misguidedly I think - but I'll leave that aspect of the situation for another conversation) believe that in the wake of what happened in Paris we shouldn't allow these refugees into our country and they may well not want any of those refugees in their own states. I'm not suggesting that they are just making up their concerns or that they wouldn't, if they could, stop these refugees from coming in. But they most likely know that they can't and that their own declarations suggesting that they will have no legal effect, that they just have rhetorical effect.

What states can do is refuse to assist the federal government when it comes to settling refugees. Some of the governors have indicated that they will indeed do that. They don't necessarily have to use state resources to help with these refugees, that's the states' choice. I suspect there are plenty of private parties that will be willing to assist with refugee settlement. The governors can also, as many of them have, ask the President to reconsider his decision to allow these refugees in. But beyond that, there isn't much they can do to stop him or to stop the refugees, once here with refugee status, from settling in particular states.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
pngCropperCapture[8].pn.png

tblwdc

How can a governor say who can come into their state?

tblwdc

If you're asking whether these states can refuse to allow refugees in, the answer is with little doubt: No.

That's kinda what I was thinking......otherwise I was going to email the Governor too and tell him to stop taking parolee's, rapists, kiddie touchers and democrats. (I know I know...most of them all the same.)

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
How can a governor say who can come into their state?

As has been pointed out, this can't happen. What can happen, is that the governor can scrutinize the refugee community as a whole, to make sure they become assimilated.

OMG bigotry at it's finest.

Seig Heil, bitches!

steppinthrax

I hope you guys are aware when one files and application for Asylum Status, it goes through the USCIS. The USCIS has the final say in granting asylum or not. They will do a full blown background check, they can deny the person for many reasons. So it's not a door wide open!!! As many are making it sound like!

bilbur

I hope you guys are aware when one files and application for Asylum Status, it goes through the USCIS. The USCIS has the final say in granting asylum or not. They will do a full blown background check, they can deny the person for many reasons. So it's not a door wide open!!! As many are making it sound like!

You are right, it is not a wide open door. The problem is there are terrorists that are sleepers and keep a clean record and past just so they can assimilate then destroy. I truly do feel sorry for the innocent men, women, and children caught up in this conflict. It is my belief that we only get one chance at life and these peoples lives are filled with terror, starvation, and uncertainty. That being said, we can't fix all the worlds problems. We have enough of our own problems and we don't need to be shipping in other countries drama, it makes us a bigger target. These people might not be terrorists now but give them a few years of being treated like crap because people can't make the distinction between a terrorist and an innocent refugee. The other scenario is the terrorists target us because we are providing sanctuary to what they consider deserters. Either way it is a risk that the US should not take. If one of them ever decided to do an attack and I was a family member of someone that got killed, the US government would be the first on my list of people to sue. As far as I am concerned they are showing criminal negligence and criminal indifference to any crime committed by these refugees. The government might not have pulled the trigger but they did drive them to the murder with the reasonable assumption something really bad was going to happen. These are just my opinions and I probably wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on but I would go to my grave blaming the government for this poor decision.