Local Business

chuckster

IMFUBARED
There is another service in the area for dry cleaning called Pressed4Time. They will pick up and deliver to your home or office all your dry cleaning, shoe repairs, alterations and wash and fold laundry. There is no extra charge for the service and all work is guaranteed. Their ad is listed on the front page of SOMD.
www.somd.com/mp/pressed4time

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Looks like Steve is looking to hire some new counter help. His ad is in the classifieds.

DarbyOhara

Musician
Originally posted by RoseRed
Looks like Steve is looking to hire some new counter help. His ad is in the classifieds.

I didn't see the ad, but, did it read something like....

[Seeking inexperienced, incompetent, high-school drop-out, who has noble verbage relating to baseball bats -vs- heads; to manage my local business. Ex-convict plus. Must know how to chase my customers away when we screw up! Please fax or email resume to RunningOnEmpty@utlra-clean.com]

G

giggles04

His ad is always in the Classifieds it seems like!!!!!
Hopefully he'll find someone decent to work there!

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by DarbyOhara
Someone once told me.... if you don't have something productive to say, don't say anything at all......

Was that reflected on me??? geeze!

Was just trying to put some humor into it. Just trying to help

DarbyOhara

Musician
Originally posted by watercolor23

Was that reflected on me??? geeze!

Was just trying to put some humor into it. Just trying to help

No water.... it was reflected at myself... but I posted anyway...

a lil paranoid are we?.... lol

watercolor

yeah yeah
yes...very paranoid!!!

Damnit..the trees...their in the trees...they are looking at me!

Sorry.. did not mean to be accusitory! That sounded cruddy! Sorry

W

wyldanjel

Originally posted by SmallTown

Can anyone suggest another Dry Cleaners, preferably one that doesn't lose items (and don't make good for them) and don't threaten their customers with baseball bats?

The owner of Ultra Clean may be interested to hear about this and also may not know about this kind of activities going on? His name is Steve Goldman and if you look at his families webpage there is a link for Ultra Clean on it.
www.thegoldmans.com
Kelli:bandit:

W

wyldanjel

Originally posted by chuckster
There is another service in the area for dry cleaning called Pressed4Time. They will pick up and deliver to your home or office all your dry cleaning, shoe repairs, alterations and wash and fold laundry. There is no extra charge for the service and all work is guaranteed. Their ad is listed on the front page of SOMD.
www.somd.com/mp/pressed4time

The problem with Pressed4time is that they deliver all their items to ultra clean to have them do it... Just about any given time you can see their van behind Ultra Clean.

Kelli

DarbyOhara

Musician
Originally posted by watercolor23
yes...very paranoid!!!

Damnit..the trees...their in the trees...they are looking at me!

Sorry.. did not mean to be accusitory! That sounded cruddy! Sorry

Actually.. I read back... and I seen you posted before me... NOW I see why you said that... Sorry.. it does look like that was meant for you, but it wasn't... It was one of those.. I was inter-mingled in my keyboard...lll trying to think... oh nevermind!... lol

chuckster

IMFUBARED
wyldanjel..Pressed4Time has two plants in Southern Maryland that does the dry cleaning for them. Their work is guaranteed by Pressed4Time and handled promptly and properly.
The great thing about them is that they come to you at your home or office.

W

wyldanjel

Originally posted by chuckster
wyldanjel..Pressed4Time has two plants in Southern Maryland that does the dry cleaning for them. Their work is guaranteed by Pressed4Time and handled promptly and properly.
The great thing about them is that they come to you at your home or office.

My main problem with them is that my clothes come back smelling like ciggerette smoke and I know that I have passed their vans with the drivers smoking in there...So I used Lex Park Cleaners too. And they have a drive up window so it's not too bad..
Kelli:clap:

P4T

I have known Steve for years even before we started doing business together 4 years ago. Not once have I heard him say that he wanted to use a baseball bat on someone. He has bent over backwards to make sure that his customers are satisfied. Customer complaints are handled quickly and professionally. By the sounds of the first post in this forum, it sounds like the customer involved has formed opinions about this county and the people that live/work here.
All businesses have "accountability" for their actions, and Ultra-Clean is no exception. Customer service is very important in this day of self serice or no service at the "Big Box" stores. This is how we support our families and pay our bills. Steve has been in business for over 13 years and understands this as well as I. Any problem that I have had, be it an article not pressed properly or even an article "lost", Steve has handled it right away with no questions asked.
Also, Steve knows the quality of work that I expect from any plant that I contract. These are requirements of the franchise that I purchased and must be followed. After checking out the other operations in the area, I found without a doubt that Ultra-Clean met those standards without any problem. There are some plants in this area that don't even clean your clothes when they get them. Just press and bag them.
As far as smoking in the Vans, all clothes are sealed in plastic bags so it is impossible for any oders to get inside. There is also no smoking permitted inside the plant.

P4T

I am sure that Steve does not know about the smoking in the store. I will discuss this with him and it will stop if it is still going on.
Like most business owners, we have to rely on employees who for the most part do what they want when the owner/boss isn't there. Steve is in the plant 10 to 13 hours a day almost everyday.

ultra

What "Mr. Willie-Smalltown" did not seem to mention in his message on this forum in reference to Ultra Clean Dry Cleaners, was that he came into the store, prior to anything being said, and began cursing and degrading ALL BUSINESSES in St. Mary's County. He stated that NO-ONE in this county knows how to run a business, and that there is NO customer service in the WHOLE COUNTY!
Mr. Willie states that he went to Lexington Park cleaners, prior to coming to Ultra Clean, and he was told they were '"too busy to clean his clothes"at all! He then came to Ultra Clean, who also mentioned that they too were very busy, but would take his clothes and they would be ready on a specific date and time, of which he was fully aware. In fact when he came to pick up his clothes, the reason he was questioned as to whether he was there on the correct date was because he did not have his receipt/ ticket and there was no way of us telling when his clothes were supposed to be done without his ticket! Ultra Clean, as a matter of record, is the ONLY cleaners in St. Mary's that gives ALL of their customers a fully printed receipt -not only showing the prices of each garment, the total price, but also showing the date and time when the clothes will be ready for pickup.
Ultra Clean did misplace one of his wife's garments, of which she was informed. Ultra Clean also told Mrs. Willie that in the event the garment was not found, we would pay for the replacement of that garment. In his forum, Mr. Willie also mentions that he was told the we, Ultra Clean, had "forgotten to look for his missing piece". This is not true- from the time we realized a piece was misplaced we were looking for the garment to complete his order. There is more than one person working at the store, as well as different shifts, and as with any business not everyone knows exactly what is going on in each department at any given time.
Mr. Willie also claims he was upset with the service he received, or did not receive- but in essence he was upset before he even came into the store and i don't necessarily believe that his anger was TOTALLY directed at Ultra Clean- considering he complained about ALL businesses in our county! Because of his attitude, foul use of language, and the fact that he told Ultra Clean that no matter what he was not going to pay for his order anyway (before we ever discussed his actual order), Ultra Clean did in fact tell him that they DID NOT want him to pay for his order, nor want him back in the store.
MR. WILLIE (SMALLTOWN!) NEEDS TO TELL THE WHOLE STORY AND THERE ARE ALWAYS TWO SIDES!
Ultra Clean Drycleaners has been in business for 13 years and for every Mr. Willie (who should really move out of the area if he is so dissatisfied with St. Mary's), there are many more satisifed, loyal and "friendly" customers....and, ULTRA CLEAN WOULD LIKE TO THANK THEM ALL FOR THEIR PATRONAGE!

ultra

To Mr. DarbyOhara-------before you condem people, it seems to make sense to hear BOTH sides of the story. It seems that people only hear the bad and never the good!

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by ultra
What "Mr. Willie-Smalltown" did not seem to mention in his message on this forum in reference to Ultra Clean Dry Cleaners, was that he came into the store, prior to anything being said, and began cursing and degrading ALL BUSINESSES in St. Mary's County. He stated that NO-ONE in this county knows how to run a business, and that there is NO customer service in the WHOLE COUNTY!
Mr. Willie states that he went to Lexington Park cleaners, prior to coming to Ultra Clean, and he was told they were '"too busy to clean his clothes"at all! He then came to Ultra Clean, who also mentioned that they too were very busy, but would take his clothes and they would be ready on a specific date and time, of which he was fully aware. In fact when he came to pick up his clothes, the reason he was questioned as to whether he was there on the correct date was because he did not have his receipt/ ticket and there was no way of us telling when his clothes were supposed to be done without his ticket! Ultra Clean, as a matter of record, is the ONLY cleaners in St. Mary's that gives ALL of their customers a fully printed receipt -not only showing the prices of each garment, the total price, but also showing the date and time when the clothes will be ready for pickup.
Ultra Clean did misplace one of his wife's garments, of which she was informed. Ultra Clean also told Mrs. Willie that in the event the garment was not found, we would pay for the replacement of that garment. In his forum, Mr. Willie also mentions that he was told the we, Ultra Clean, had "forgotten to look for his missing piece". This is not true- from the time we realized a piece was misplaced we were looking for the garment to complete his order. There is more than one person working at the store, as well as different shifts, and as with any business not everyone knows exactly what is going on in each department at any given time.
Mr. Willie also claims he was upset with the service he received, or did not receive- but in essence he was upset before he even came into the store and i don't necessarily believe that his anger was TOTALLY directed at Ultra Clean- considering he complained about ALL businesses in our county! Because of his attitude, foul use of language, and the fact that he told Ultra Clean that no matter what he was not going to pay for his order anyway (before we ever discussed his actual order), Ultra Clean did in fact tell him that they DID NOT want him to pay for his order, nor want him back in the store.
MR. WILLIE (SMALLTOWN!) NEEDS TO TELL THE WHOLE STORY AND THERE ARE ALWAYS TWO SIDES!
Ultra Clean Drycleaners has been in business for 13 years and for every Mr. Willie (who should really move out of the area if he is so dissatisfied with St. Mary's), there are many more satisifed, loyal and "friendly" customers....and, ULTRA CLEAN WOULD LIKE TO THANK THEM ALL FOR THEIR PATRONAGE!

Yeah, but next time, would you try to be a little more specific?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A-Ha!

I was wondering if there was more to the story. Again, I've always used UltraClean and have never been unhappy. And like Bch said, word of mouth travels fast and it would be a shame to hurt someone's business just because someone said something that may or may not be true.

SmallTown

Football season!
Steve forgot to mention a few things. Such as the reason I was there in the first place. My wife was handling the situation until after the third mistake was made (First being late, second not letting us pay for what was done and taking those clothes with us, third losing an item). I was upset because it was a matter of three strikes and you are out.

As for not having the ticket, yes this is true. But we did have the number from the ticket. I did not see any automated system where they need to feed in our copy of the ticket into a machine and the clothes magically arrives. Either way, if we had the ticket that day, the clothes still would not have been completed, a piece would have still been lost and Steve would still have threatened me with a baseball bat (something else he failed to explain). The question is, if I bring the ticket to your office tomorrow, will I get the lost article back? Or the refund for it? It is your call to fix the situation.

The interesting this is that when I left that day he said that if the piece was not found he would take care of it. When my wife calls a few days later thinking things would be taken care of, he decides to start cussing at her and then offers the threat towards me. He also goes on to say he would never reimburse us for the missing clothes. Wrong answer.