Local farm/stable open shows

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Hey everyone! I really need to get my gelding off the farm and around unfamiliar territory/unfamiliar horses to desensitize him a bit before spending the big-bucks to travel out-of-state to the "A" shows. Ive already scoped out dates for AMIT, MSA, BEST, Mounted Wanderers and Livin' the Legacy. Anyone know of any farms/stables that are putting on schooling shows this year that are open to the public? Im looking for flat classes, but really just the ability to ride my guy around with a lot of "foreign" commotion will do the trick I think.

Thanks in advance! :howdy:

Duckz

Hey everyone! I really need to get my gelding off the farm and around unfamiliar territory/unfamiliar horses to desensitize him a bit before spending the big-bucks to travel out-of-state to the "A" shows. Ive already scoped out dates for AMIT, MSA, BEST, Mounted Wanderers and Livin' the Legacy. Anyone know of any farms/stables that are putting on schooling shows this year that are open to the public? Im looking for flat classes, but really just the ability to ride my guy around with a lot of "foreign" commotion will do the trick I think.

Thanks in advance! :howdy:

Country Haven in St Leonard is planning a 2013 series. I haven't seen their dates yet. Sounds like you've got your bases covered otherwise. If you're looking for more options check out the VHSA shows. Fredericksburg isn't too far away and there are a lot of shows out that direction.

Also, maybe try a dressage show? Begin Again is local. It sounds like you're going for hunters, but any horse can do an Intro or Training level dressage test.

Check out the link in my signature for dates.