Local Hotels?

I've heard that the hotel in L'town closed. Its a shame because I had heard good things about it and the location is great. When you are out in the Clements/Chaptico area it sure is nice having a hotel in Leonardtown rather than having to go further to LP

I've also had great luck with VRBO in various locations.
Trip Advisor shows reviews from this past January.... but I just called 301-475-3000 and nobody answered. It's not a disconnected number but there is no answer nor voicemail so.... :eyebrow:

General Lee

A couple years ago the "new" Hotel in L'town sold to the Super 8 chain. The name was not changed to super 8 however. Not sure of its status now.

Goldenhawk

I second the AirBnB suggestion - there are some nice ones around here, and the nightly prices are much better than hotels/motels.

It takes a bit more work to sign up as an AirBnB tenant, compared to just calling a given hotel. Many AirBnB owners require certain tenants to verify their identity with AirBnB for their property's protection. But for any existing AirBnB users, it's definitely worth suggesting. And in my opinion, once you're signed up you'll like it and keep using it to save money and enjoy staying at eclectic and out-of-the-way places with friendly hosts.

officeguy

I did get negative feedback on the Red Roof Inn.
Personally not a huge fan of RRI, not had good experience with the brand.

RRI is the place where you crash for a couple of hours if you are driving across the country and all you need is a place to sleep and take a shower in the morning.

ltown81

I've heard that the hotel in L'town closed. Its a shame because I had heard good things about it and the location is great. When you are out in the Clements/Chaptico area it sure is nice having a hotel in Leonardtown rather than having to go further to LP

I've also had great luck with VRBO in various locations.

It's still open, we just put people in business there 3 weeks ago. It is owned by the same Indian family that owned it when it was a little Motel. They started the hotel off as their own brand. That is hard because you are not in a major brands booking system. Then they signed a franchise to become a premium best western. They had that for a few years, then stopped or lost it.

They went to Leonardtown planning and zoning to try and get approval to convert to a nursing home. The people on the board pretty much had a stroke over that.

Last edited:
It's not brand new, it's been there for several years, in fact the other day I was questioning if it was still open. Not sure how much business it gets.

Unfortunately most of the hotels are along 235 from LP to California.
I would not recommend either the A&E or the old Days Inn. There is a new hotel on 235 just north of the old Days Inn.
A Home 2 Suites by Hilton and a Fairfield Inn (Marriott) south of Pegg Rd.
The Hampton Inn just north of Pegg Rd.
There is the Town? Suites by Marriott behind the WaWa off Rue Purchase Rd.
I've not stayed in the Extended Stay place, but I had an instructor who did and SHE did not have kind things to say.
The La Quinta (old Pax Inn) doesn't seem to bad, I would however not recommend the Super 8.
You got the Country Inn & Suites behind BJ's. Friend stayed there and I didn't hear any complaints.
I did get negative feedback on the Red Roof Inn.
Personally not a huge fan of RRI, not had good experience with the brand.

Then you have the Hilton Garden and Holiday Inn in Solomons as well as the one behind Calvert Marine Museum

There's also the Holiday Inn next to SAIC, behind Texas Roadhouse/Olive Garden/Cracker Barrel. It's only about a year old. Very nice.
My parents stay at the Country Inn & Suites next to BJs when they come to town. No complaints.

BernieP

Resident PIA
RRI is the place where you crash for a couple of hours if you are driving across the country and all you need is a place to sleep and take a shower in the morning.

RRI in my book is right there with the A&E. Not sure I would close my eyes in some

BernieP

Resident PIA
Trip Advisor shows reviews .... :eyebrow:

Trip Advisor, Yelp, I'd say a lot of the online reviews are out of date or bogus.
I've learned to ignore them and go with what I know - that a trusted source has provided information.

I was by there not to long ago and it looked dark. It was after sunset on a weekend.

It was a nice looking place, but it was kind of out of the way to serve Pax River.
Not sure who they were marketing to.

lovinmaryland

Trip Advisor shows reviews from this past January.... but I just called 301-475-3000 and nobody answered. It's not a disconnected number but there is no answer nor voicemail so.... :eyebrow:

My son stayed there in December. Said its just typical motel, nothing fancy. I think the name threw him off. He expected it to be suites along the lines of Embassy Suites. Its more like a Best Western.

My friend is getting married in July and they gave them a discounted rate for rooms. She did a tour of the hotel and the suites that they do have are just larger hotel rooms not what she considered an actual suite. Also of note she said the suites did not have a separate shower. Its a tub in the middle of the bathroom w/ a shower handle attachment thing.

My son stayed there in December. Said its just typical motel, nothing fancy. I think the name threw him off. He expected it to be suites along the lines of Embassy Suites. Its more like a Best Western.

My friend is getting married in July and they gave them a discounted rate for rooms. She did a tour of the hotel and the suites that they do have are just larger hotel rooms not what she considered an actual suite. Also of note she said the suites did not have a separate shower. Its a tub in the middle of the bathroom w/ a shower handle attachment thing.

If I was looking for a decent hotel to work with to block off rooms for wedding guests within driving distance of Bowles Farm Barn this would be the first place I'd check.

lovinmaryland

If I was looking for a decent hotel to work with to block off rooms for wedding guests within driving distance of Bowles Farm Barn this would be the first place I'd check.
Yup that is what she thought also. She did let out of town guest know about the suite though...no point in paying $$$ more money for basically a standard room w/ just a little more square feet.

It is really nice being right there in the square so guests can walk to restaurants, shops, etc...

Yup that is what she thought also. She did let out of town guest know about the suite though...no point in paying $$$ more money for basically a standard room w/ just a little more square feet.

It is really nice being right there in the square so guests can walk to restaurants, shops, etc...
I was excited to hear a nice hotel was being opened in town, but was disappointed when I checked into pricing and realized they were overpriced for where they were located and what they offer. But if it is for blocking rooms to support out of town wedding guests the location, convenience of ample parking, low crime and food and shops within walking distance make it worth considering. Especially if a transport bus to and from the wedding site is being offered by the couple.

I'm about to go to the 2nd out of town wedding in less than a year where we are pleased and appreciative of the wedding couple providing transportation to/from the event so that everyone can :alkies: safely. It makes paying for a place to stay overnight worth it.

lovinmaryland

I was excited to hear a nice hotel was being opened in town, but was disappointed when I checked into pricing and realized they were overpriced for where they were located and what they offer. But if it is for blocking rooms to support out of town wedding guests the location, convenience of ample parking, low crime and food and shops within walking distance make it worth considering. Especially if a transport bus to and from the wedding site is being offered by the couple.

I'm about to go to the 2nd out of town wedding in less than a year where we are pleased and appreciative of the wedding couple providing transportation to/from the event so that everyone can :alkies: safely. It makes paying for a place to stay overnight worth it.
Yup she's been getting quotes for that you'd :faint: at some of the prices!