Lonestar

frogger

I have to agree with ST on this one. You guys did a lot of inferring in his posts and put words in his mouth. If you guys don't like him, then why argue with him on EVERYTHING he says?

It's almost like you like him, kinda like pulling the pigtails of the girl back in elementary school.

I don't post often here, but I do read posts often, and you guys are very unfair to some here. It's like you guys gang up on certain posters. I'll probably be on the "list" now that I've said all this.

SxyPrincess

Whoa, Frogger! I'm probably one of the very few that doesn't throw stones at ST. I've always been polite and nice to him. Check your wheaties Mister!

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lonestar

Originally posted by SmallTown
I never mentioned anything about NoVa, that was you. I just said I avoid 235 whenever I can, especially since I don't need to use that road to go to work.
Kinda like the area around LP City that is major trash (No, not saying all of LP is trash, only that there are trashy areas). I avoid that just like I would avoid places like SE DC.

Can you please explain the major trash in LP City??

frogger

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Whoa, Frogger! I'm probably one of the very few that doesn't throw stones at ST. I've always been polite and nice to him. Check your wheaties Mister!

I didn't mean to single you out on this one. I'm also not talking about just this post or only ST.
I've felt the whole board in general likes to gang up on certain posters and pretty much shun them from all conversation.
It is more so here than other message boards I visit.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by frogger
I didn't mean to single you out on this one. I'm also not talking about just this post or only ST.
I've felt the whole board in general likes to gang up on certain posters and pretty much shun them from all conversation.
It is more so here than other message boards I visit.

And when people like myself remains quiet for awhile, they begin to argue with each other. Almost like an addiction, some can't handle just being civil.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I like Lonestar :yum: better than Outback.

Anybody know when they'll re-open?

Kismet

Lonestar is Ok. But their service STINKS.

I would have loved to show those folks how to work tables and not make the customer have to constantly ask for everythign they need.

We refused to go back there about a month ago. My hubby wrote a nasty comment on the back of our dinner bill so the manager would see it when they cashed them in at the end of the night.

Conclusion:
Lonestar finally gets the karma they deserved.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
I used to work at Lonestar and their service was great when they opened, but I guess all restaurants are great when they first open! After that - it was all down hill!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by Kismet
Lonestar is Ok. But their service STINKS.

I would have loved to show those folks how to work tables and not make the customer have to constantly ask for everythign they need.

We refused to go back there about a month ago. My hubby wrote a nasty comment on the back of our dinner bill so the manager would see it when they cashed them in at the end of the night.

Conclusion:
Lonestar finally gets the karma they deserved.

:clap: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: The one in the park I always always have crappy service and will never go again - never had a problem with the one in Waldorf though

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by migtig
The one in the park I always always have crappy service and will never go again - never had a problem with the one in Waldorf though

I get great service at LoneStar everytime I go. Of course, it could just be my good looks and charm. I think the waitresses tend to fawn over me :eyeroll:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by sleuth14
I get great service at LoneStar everytime I go. Of course, it could just be my good looks and charm. I think the waitresses tend to fawn over me :eyeroll:
Oh, I see... so you are saying I don't get good service because the waitresses are threatened by my beauty and charm and Southern grace?!:bubble:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by cariblue
I can't help it. It just sort of ooozes out of my pores, ya' know.

Dang! I know you've heard the joke about the Georgia southern belle and the girl from Alabama sitting on the veranda sipping mint julips and the southern belle is going on and on about all the things her husband has bought her....it's such an excellent joke, and I can't find it anywhere. You wouldn't happen to have that just laying around somewhere, would ya? If so, please post it.

:biggrin: The one I remembered that is something like that I can't post - or I'll get in trouble with the board mommy! The other day ran into a guy from back home and he said omg thought I had escaped the Belles - liked to have belted him - I said no I am a southern redneck gal - he said no - you are belle. Heck I thought I had escaped! :roflmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by cariblue
If so, please post it.
Is this the one?

Two southern belles were sitting on the veranda one afternoon discussing their husbands:.

Southern Belle 1: "Well, ah do declare, my husband is so good to me. He brings me diamonds every day of the week. I have a diamond ring for every finger."

Southern Belle 2: "Isn't that nice?

Southern Belle 1: "And do you know, he brings me fur coats all the time. I havea whole closet full of fur coats."

Southern Belle 1: "And he takes me on so many mahvelous trips! I've been nearly everywhere on this whole earth."

Southern Belle 1: "Well, Blanche, you're certainly not saying much - what nice things does your husband do?"

Southern Belle 2: "Oh, my husband is so wonderful to me - he sent me off to charm school."

Southern Belle 1: "Charm school? Why on earth would he send you to charm school?"

Southern Belle 2: "So that I would learn to say 'Isn't that nice?' instead of 'F*** you, b*tch'"

Old Dog

FWIW, the hubby hates the lights on 235 too. It's really funny cause whenever he's driving he seems to stop at them all but yet I don't. LOL So I'm sticking with ST on this one.

And yes, NoVA has oodles more. Lived in Arlington many years. Temporarily in Centreville right now and there are 4 lights in just the 1-1/2 miles from the apartment to work.

And I too like Lonestar. Love their salads... like the big shreds of cheese. :) Like Outback too but they're not open for lunch and even at dinner I usually run a higher tab. Always gotten good service at Lonestar but then always make it a point to go at lunch or very early dinner (or is that "supper" in these parts?).

Take care,
Melody

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
BACK TO OUR ORIGINAL QUESTION....

Roofers were using a cutting torch up on the roof and lit off a fire in the attic space. The fire was confined to the attic, but a lot of damage to the HVAC system, ceiling tiles, small amount of water on the floor, and damage to some electrical wires. Closed until repairs are done to the HVAC & electrical.

Damn...you people LOVE to flame one another!!:stooges:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Really? Maybe you need to more specific - cause I've not been flamed nor have I flamed anybody. :confused: