Long-lasting Cough Going Around?

Roman

Tell ya what.... I've been living alone for over 15 years, and limit my social exposure, especially around this time of year. I haven't been ill since 2000.
Knock on some wood GWguy. Almost every time I brag about not being sick, I get sick.

ShyGirl

My sister had this a few weeks ago. Ran into a doctor friend who recommended that she try Metagenics Andrographis. She bought a bottle and swears by it now. She was feeling 80% better within a few days. I ordered a bottle but have not tried it yet.

wubbles

My sister had this a few weeks ago. Ran into a doctor friend who recommended that she try Metagenics Andrographis. She bought a bottle and swears by it now. She was feeling 80% better within a few days. I ordered a bottle but have not tried it yet.

I'm going to try this, thanks. Reviews seem overwhelmingly positive.

acommondisaster

I had the same sort of thing last year -I got sick Columbus Day weekend and then from October till the end of January, I coughed. The codeine cough syrup did nothing but make me a sleepy coughy person and I prayed for a full nights' sleep, which I never got. The only thing that gave me much relief was green tea. Green tea seemed to dry me up enough to get a few hours of sleep. I don't care for the use of cough suppressants, figuring that our bodies produce a cough to rid our bodies of something, but if the cough is non-productive, I'll try an expectorant to "loosen things up".

Popster

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
Tell ya what.... I've been living alone for over 15 years, and limit my social exposure, especially around this time of year. I haven't been ill since 2000.

Knock on some wood GWguy. Almost every time I brag about not being sick, I get sick.

There may be a little humor lurking here....

SoMdDude

I had a cough for almost a month, its finally almost gone now, turned out to be bronchitis and 2 weeks ago was very early stages of pneumonia when I was seen by my doc.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I had a cough for almost a month, its finally almost gone now, turned out to be bronchitis and 2 weeks ago was very early stages of pneumonia when I was seen by my doc.

I can identify. I rarely get sick, but 5 years ago, whatever I had turned into pneumonia. It was horrid. Guys are worse than gals that don't want to go to the doc, but if it seems abnormal, go to the doc! We stopped getting flu shots years ago because they are now linked to Alzheimer's, and other illnesses. We take vitamin supplements, now. My hub and I haven't been sick since my bout with the pneumonia. Something to think about, even though I know there is controversy about taking vitamins, instead of getting the flu shot. Matter of choice.

steppinthrax

This is usually Post-Viral cough. I have it now and my wife has had it for the past few weeks. It can last up to 18 days or maybe longer. In my case I can feel I'm coughing mucus, which indicates the virus is still somewhat present and my immune system is generating mucus to counteract.

Two other reasons I've read is an "acute asthma" that is created after the virus and the cells or nerves the deal with the gag reflex are "upregulated" meaning they are still stoked up from the previous infection. It takes time for them to revert back.

Yeah the weather might have something to do with it in terms of the allergens etc...