Looking for a "child friendly" church

itsbob

I bowl overhand
:lmao:

"Hitchin' up the buggy, churnin' lots of butter
Raised a barn on Monday, soon I'll raise another
Think you're really righteous? Think you're pure in heart?
Well, I know I'm a million times as humble as thou art

I'm the pious guy the little Amlettes wanna be like
On my knees day and night scorin' points for the afterlife
So don't be vain and don't be whiny
Or else, my brother, I might have to get medieval on your heinie
"

:lmao:

No that's some HARDCORE Chrsitianity right there.. Maybe we should tell all the bible thumpers.. "Put up or shut up!!!:.. SHOW me ou believe.. go to work in a horse and buggy, give up electricity and indoor plumbing.. now THAT's being committed to one's religion!! :lmao::killingme

craberta

I hate those old #####es

They are all going to hell for acting like they own the church. I hope they all get diarhea and hemoroids,

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Grew up Catholic but attended Trinity Baptist in Waldorf for a few years. They are very kid friendly and have several programs for all age groups. The Pastor is former police officer and pretty much tells it like it is.

Relocate2paxmd

Hi I found a great church in st marys county they had kids programs and families worship together. It is the big church on the hill before the Solomons bridge its is call patuxent River Assembly of God. If crossing the bridge from solomons it will be on your right just past the Myrtle Point Woods road.
Hope this helps, we searched all over the area for a church about a year ago. There are two sunday morning services one at 9am the other at 11am and wednesday night classes and kids clubs.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I won't identify a specific church but I would suggest you find one where there is youth and childrens ministry. It would indicate a church with a fair number of kids, of all ages. Parents tend to be a little more forgiving - there but for the grace of God ...

Not saying that others don't like kids, it's just that they want a quiet and reserved setting for worship.

Good luck. Ask you friends and associates where they worship.

jsouthan

My family and I attend SouthPoint Church. SouthPoint | Passionate about People
The kids love it... we curently hold services at Leonardtown High School

It's worth a visit!

We used to go to SouthPoint before we moved to northern Calvert County. I highly recommend it. We loved, loved, LOVED it! I wish it weren't so far away because we haven't found a new church that is as welcoming and fun as this one was. And yes, I did say fun talking about a church. Good luck!

LittleOne_3

If you're still looking...

In St Mary's or Charles co. I'm tried of "the looks" from the grumpy old women where I have been going. I would think that churches would welcome the next generation with open arms. That would be the Christian thing to do, right?

We go to Grace Lutheran in La Plata. Grace Lutheran Church and School
The Associate Pastor has a baby girl who just turned 1 in November; he completely understands the "talking" little ones do during service. We have been going there since our son was about 6 months old. He's now just over 2. They do have a nursery you can either drop off your little one or stay in there and watch the service on a TV. We try to stay through the whole service but on days when our son wants to run down the isle one of us with either walk the halls with him or sit in the nursery. They have a 0800 service that we love; our son is up at 0500 so the 0800 works great, he can eat his cheerios or gold fish and makes it through most of it. They also have a 0930 and an 1100, I have been told the 1100 is very non traditional and the kids LOVE IT. We have not made it to an 1100 one; lunch is at 1130 for our little one…I’ve rambled enough. In short Grace is great for kids and you. Even if you’re not Lutheran give it a try, I am a former Roman Catholic.

kristin76

Kid-friendly churches

St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in California is VERY kid friendly and you won't get any rude looks from the members. The priest there has made sure to establish a child-friendly atmosphere. Even the occassional toddler who decides to add their two cents to the homily is greeted with chuckles and smiles and things continue on.