Looking for a Pet Sitter

frequentflier

happy to be living
there are a few that don't charge 75 to stay overnight which I think is outrageous plus an additional 20 or per each visit who in gods mind has over 100.00 a day to spend. NOT me. that would be over 1,000.00 if you are gone for 2 weeks. Guess the only people they will get are the high dollar money makers. that is why i recommended they call there vets and ask them for references of who they have on there list as there are some that aren't as expensive and will spend quality time with your pet not just take them out let them pee and poop then shove them back in there crate til they come again.
Arkrescue I am not saying you do this but I bet alot of them do because the owner isn't there to see how they really treat the owners animals.
lucky for me i live over top of a store so people will see what is going on especially in the night time hours and they will say hey i saw someone take your dog out a few times and boy did she look happy or they will say what they heard come out of the persons mouth and if they were being mean toward the dog they will definately let me know that as there are a few animal lovers in the store.

You do a great disservice by saying things like this as there are a lot of reputable and professional pet sitters that have been in business for many years. I completely trust the person that takes care of my pets in my absence and I KNOW that she spends the time with my animals that I pay her for.
Arkrescue undercharges as they are volunteers doing it to make money for their rescue. A professional petsitter is trying to make a living and believe me-they earn their money!

J

jp2854

yah the only thing is who can afford 105.00 dollars a day if you go away for 2 weeks when you are on a fixed income frequentflier?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I agree - obviously we don't do it for a living - we are merely trying to get extra money for the rescue to cover pet food and vet expenses - when you do it for a living it gets pretty costly when you consider the gas to get there and back (easily $8 in my case) then the time spent there also is worth money. The professionals are paying overhead for insurance and other related business expenses which they need to cover in their fees.

It's important to note that not everyone is going to TRUST calling US to come pet sit when they don't know us. They can however have more initial trust in a company that is bonded who they can file a claim against if they need to.

You do a great disservice by saying things like this as there are a lot of reputable and professional pet sitters that have been in business for many years. I completely trust the person that takes care of my pets in my absence and I KNOW that she spends the time with my animals that I pay her for.
Arkrescue undercharges as they are volunteers doing it to make money for their rescue. A professional petsitter is trying to make a living and believe me-they earn their money!

frequentflier

happy to be living
yah the only thing is who can afford 105.00 dollars a day if you go away for 2 weeks when you are on a fixed income frequentflier?

If you can afford to go away for 2 weeks, I would hope you can afford to pay to have your dog taken care of by a kennel or petsitter. I don't know what the going prices are for either for that length of time.
BTW, I am a small business owner-would love to be on a "fixed" income or have an income of any kind!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
It's rough for many people and it's affected how many critters we can help. I know of many critters that have been put down at the shelters that were not rescued or adopted in time. It's so sad. We can only do so much, and it's difficult to accept that we can't save them all.

We used to be self-funded but ran out of money to keep paying for it all ourselves, so we turned to fundraising. We have a fundraiser on our website now that we hope does well to give us money for the Winter rescues we will be doing.

Speaking of Winter, I hear we're in for a bad one this year - many sources are saying the same thing so you gotta wonder? We have not been slammed with a lot of snow in the past 7 years so it's almost like .. look out we're due for some serious snow?

If you can afford to go away for 2 weeks, I would hope you can afford to pay to have your dog taken care of by a kennel or petsitter. I don't know what the going prices are for either for that length of time.
BTW, I am a small business owner-would love to be on a "fixed" income or have an income of any kind!

BarbinMD

it depends on where they live if trails end does it or not. but be prepared to pay a hefty price if you have them stay overnight and go over a few times to let your (dog ) if you have one that is. I would try others by calling your vet and asking them for people in your area who they know of that are good as some aren't there to rape you of your money especially if you are on a fixed income.

JP, Trails End Pet Sitting is accredited by Pet Sitters International. All of our Pet Sitters are bonded and insured. We have been in business over six years now with an excellent reputation and receive referrals from many of the Veterinarians in the county. So, obviously, we do have many clients who care about their pets and are willing and able to pay for quality care. Bonding, insurance, and training are all things that cost money. Our clients understand that the fee they pay ensures they are receiving reliable, reputable care for their furbabies versus an indiviual who may be pet sitting privately. Should that individual become sick or have an emergency, who will back them up? If they book services with us, they can rely on the fact that our Pet Sitters will be there to provide quality care according to our contract.

One thing that you stated is truth and that is that we do have a limited service area. However, as a member of the Southern Maryland Association of Professional Pet Sitters, we can definitely refer pet owners to a service which does cover their area.

Another excellent resource or those who wish to learn more about Professional Pet Sitting is Home .