looking for a place to lay my head

arabianpony

Originally posted by appyday
Yep I take the horses swimming in the SUMMER...

That is one of the reasons I would really like to get Sugar over there. Even puddles are a challenge. I need a body of water and some time to work with her. The creeks are too small, she just jumps over them, not to mention being surrounded by trees to which I could get impaled.
She is such a lovely mare (at least in my eye), and I am really worried that my living situation will not last and I will lose her. If that happens, I want her trained well so she can go somewhere she will be taken care of.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Night RR Pete and Pony I am outta here....................Pony Pete is all yours now..I just wanted to share for a little while....:bubble:
Night, I'm not far behind you... sweet dreams... :smile:

arabianpony

Originally posted by Pete
I see your posts........check your PM

don't know, this is hosed. not able to access PMs. My posts are not showing for ages then they all show up at once with everyone elses.
And it is late. I am dying to get at least one chapter in on my book too. I'll check from work tomorrow.

Nighty night all

arabianpony

:rolleyes: Dern Pete..what a let down..I was nicer to you then that. :flowers:

ouch, Appy. Not helping!

I finanlly got in this morning. Sorry if I seemed to bail on you all, didn't mean to. but none of my posts were showing anyway.

arabianpony

You know, I have been looking at my arab and wondering.... She has a super temprement. Not araby at all. She isn't a flashy arab, but I would rather breed for temprement anyway. She is about 22, but I don't have her papers. I am sure Kim would get them for me if I asked, I just didn't bother.

tc1962

I don't know I went down to the barn yesturday and there was two women cleaning the stalls.. My horses stall was cleaned and she was out side as happy as she could be.. no complaints so far...TC

Merlin

Registered Smarta$$
Looking for a place

I moving soon to the area and looking for a place to board. I am moving near Sandgates, between Hollywood and Mechanicsville. Are there any places near there other than Wit & Folly? (we're checking them out later this week)

Merlin

Registered Smarta$$
I agree. We would supplement no matter where we boarded, which is why we want something close by.

Merlin

Registered Smarta$$
Well, I'm relocating from Raleigh, NC to SoMD. I'm working at PaxR; currently telecommuting from home in NC. We will probably be moving around late May-early June.

We have been involved with animal rescue for a while, but I personally have just started into equine rescue in the past year. My wife has years of horse experience, though. The colt we plan to get will be hers, so we will most likely opt for a smaller one. It will be for trail riding and personal use. I will probably get my own later on...

We would like to get our daughters involved as well, probably working as barn help. They have been handy so far a cleaning out stalls and feeding.

Merlin

Registered Smarta$$
Cool....I hope to hit a show or two in Raleigh this year. I have two babys due and only planning on keeping one so if you want to RESCUE one let me know:biggrin: Also have a 2 yr old you could start riding while your baby is growing up:biggrin:

Thanks!

Do you know of other boarding facilities in the area that we could look at while we are up there tomorrow?

Merlin

Registered Smarta$$
Just precautionary; and probably overkill in this case. We don't want to bring an unknown horse into a new facility and potentially spread something nasty around until we're sure it is ok.
Your thoughts?

fttrsbeerwench

How wonderful it is to see people take action and save a beautiful creature of this earth, if you ever need a volunteer feel free to contact me, I would love to help.: :smile: