Looking to Hire a Country Band...

KBaxter

Photographer
I haven't had any luck finding a country band for a party that I am having.

I am throwing a surprise 80th birthday party for my Pap Pap.

He used to be in a country band... and I know it would be perfect for his party.

I have a list of his favorite songs and I was going to see if they could learn them, if they already don't know them......

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd also like to hear them play before I hire them.

It is for May 2010.

I have already contacted one band... and it seems like a no go.

Thanks in Advanced!!!!! :drummer:

belvak

Happy Camper
There's a bluegrass festival this weekend. Though it's billed as bluegrass, I'm sure most of the bands could/would play country too. You should be able to get in touch with some of those bands about playing, or at least get some possible contacts. Good Luck!

October 24, 2009

On Saturday October 24, 2009, there will be a Bluegrass music show to raise funds for the first ever Hospice House in St. Mary’s County. Presented and coordinated by Jay Armsworthy, the “Bluegrass for Hospice” will be held at the Flat Iron Farm on Flat Iron Road in Great Mills, Maryland with many local Bluegrass bands providing entertainment beginning at Noon.

The festivities will kick off at 7:00 am with an Arts & Crafts Fair. Then at Noon the Bluegrass will begin with some of Southern Maryland’s finest Bluegrass bands (not in this order) David Norris, Recent Addition, Jack Tippett Band, Zekiah Swamp Cats, Bubby Abell & Spoon Creek, Jay Armsworthy & Eastern Tradition, Joey Tippett & the California Ramblers, and Charlie Thompson & Bottom County Bluegrass. There will also be a Guest Star Appearance by Rounder Recording Artist Danny Paisley & the Southern Grass from Pennsylvania for one show only. Sound for the event will be provided by Troy Jones.

OldHillcrestGuy

There's a country band in St Marys called The Wanderer's, they have a big following, they are a older band proably in there forties and fifties, and would proably know the songs he likes. Someone on here may know how to contact them. You mentioned you wanted to hear them play, the Hughesville Vol Fire Dept is having a dance at the Mechcanicsville Vol Fire Dept. in Febuary and they will be performing there.

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
I am not sure what budget you are working with. I don't know any country specific bands, but my 2 suggestions are:

Most of the MD Bars & Music Venues work with a booking company called Starleigh Entertainment. .: Starleigh Entertainment, The Live Music Booking Agency in Baltimore Maryland for Rock Bands, Wedding Bands, DJs and more :.

Another option is too look at MD Party and find a country band by directly contacting a band. Maryland Party - Entertainment, Performers, Nightclubs, and more!

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Country Memories.

They play all the old country music, Conway Twitty, Hank Sr., Patsy Cline etc. I'll dig up their website for you.:yay:

Country Memories Band Home Page on MarylandParty.com

7 Nov 09 @ St. Mary's Fairgrounds is their next local show.

I am not personally familiar with this band but with Kenny Wathen and Eddie Finch involved, they must be good...Kenny used to play with Louis Knott...Well you know what I mean....Play music...Eddie Finch has been involved with music his whole life...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I am not personally familiar with this band but with Kenny Wathen and Eddie Finch involved, they must be good...Kenny used to play with Louis Knott...Well you know what I mean....Play music...Eddie Finch has been involved with music his whole life...

If you had come to the Blessing like your brothers then you would be familiar with their music. :neener:

They played on Sunday afternoon and were a big hit with the few people I asked.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
If you had come to the Blessing like your brothers then you would be familiar with their music. :neener:

They played on Sunday afternoon and were a big hit with the few people I asked.

The courts don't allow more than 2 of us at a single event....

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Besides, I did all my BOF's in the early years...When we had to work and take stuff to the island...Lots of good parties too...:lmao:

ashliekay711

There's a country band in St Marys called The Wanderer's, they have a big following, they are a older band proably in there forties and fifties, and would proably know the songs he likes. Someone on here may know how to contact them. You mentioned you wanted to hear them play, the Hughesville Vol Fire Dept is having a dance at the Mechcanicsville Vol Fire Dept. in Febuary and they will be performing there.

I highly recommend the Wanderer's, There's a guy in the band named Bernie Owens, he lives down in golden beach (next to my parents) they practice there all the time and i think they sound really good. I'll see if i can get the number for you if you're interested.

KBaxter

Photographer
I know its been a while... but just wanted to thank everyone for your responses... I'm just not reading this .... I almost forgot that I posted this... that past few months have been so hectic. I can finally plan his party now. =)

bjhughes

My husband and I sing with back up music. We also DJ and run Karaoke shows. We prefer oldies and country music so we may be what you're looking for.

We've performed at many private parties and cater to the older crowd. Birthday parties for people (over 35 y.o.), family reunions and vow renewals are our specialty.

We are called "Jukebox Journeys". Our speciality: "Musical Entertainment for the Over 35 crowd".

We are local, we live in Great Mills.

I have sent you a private message with more information.

My husband and I sing with back up music. We also DJ and run Karaoke shows. We prefer oldies and country music so we may be what you're looking for.

We've performed at many private parties and cater to the older crowd. Birthday parties for people (over 35 y.o.), family reunions and vow renewals are our specialty.

We are called "Jukebox Journeys". Our speciality: "Musical Entertainment for the Over 35 crowd".

We are local, we live in Great Mills.

I have sent you a private message with more information.

I wouldn't mind a little more info myself if you could sent it my way.