4 cups beef broth
28 ounces diced tomatoes
2 1/4 ounces sliced black olives
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 cup Ditalini pasta
Shredded Cheese of choice for serving.

Instructions

Finely chop 1 clove garlic, 1 red onion, 2 green bell peppers and 4oz pepperoni.
In a large soup pot heat 1tsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add chopped veg (1 garlic clove + 1 red onion + 2 green bell pepper + 8oz sliced mushrooms) and stir.
Add 1T dried basil + 1T dried oregano to veggies. Saute for 8-10 minutes. Add Browned sausage if using
Add 4c beef broth, 2c water, 4oz chopped pepperonis, 28oz diced tomatoes and 2.25oz sliced black olives, drained.
Bring to a low boil and lower to a simmer. Cook ~30 minutes, adding liquid if needed. Season to taste w/ S&P.
View attachment 126579 [

THAT looks freaking amazing and just what I have been searching for! I will make that instead of the lentil soup. :yay:

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
THAT looks freaking amazing and just what I have been searching for! I will make that instead of the lentil soup. :yay:

Thanks. I forgot to mention that is put some dried pepper (pizza pepper) in the batch in the picture. It was a bit hot so I skipped it the next time.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Nah, use the fondue as sauce for the brats.

Slop some fondue on the roll, place the brat and munch away.

Here the recipe I use for the fondue, it has bacon, too. :high5:

3 cups gourmet blend (4 different Cheddars, I get it at Shoppers) shredded Cheddar cheese, 3 Tbls flour, 1 cup beer (I like an English Bitters), 4 tsps prepared horseradish, 4 tsps dry mustard, 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce, 1 oz Bourbon (Evan Williams is my usual), 3 Tbls chopped cooked bacon, 2 tsps freshly cracked black pepper, 1/4 c minced onions

Instructions: Toss cheese with flour in bowl. Use a double boiler, bring water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and pour beer into the top pot. Stir in horseradish, mustard and Worcestershire sauce using a fork. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.

Add half the cheese mixture and cook until cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Add remaining cheese mixture a small amount at a time, stirring constantly in a circular motion after each addition until cheese is melted. Pour bourbon slowly around the edge of the bowl, making sure to pull the cheese mixture away from edge of pot so the Bourbon is between the cheese mix and the pot. Cook for about 30 seconds or so, then stir the Bourbon into cheese. Fold in bacon, pepper and onion. You can do the standard fondue pot ritual, or use it as a cheesy sauce for Bratwurst.

Chili and cinnamon rolls are a mid-west thing, specifically Nebraska thing. They serve this combo often for school lunches! It's kind of like Runza's...If you know, then you KNOW, if not you haven't experienced true culinary diversification.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chili and cinnamon rolls are a mid-west thing, specifically Nebraska thing. They serve this combo often for school lunches! It's kind of like Runza's...If you know, then you KNOW, if not you haven't experienced true culinary diversification.

:high5:

I thought everyone had cinnamon rolls with their chili until I was well into adulthood.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

I miss Runzas.

We were stationed at Offutt from 86 - 91.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
:high5:

I thought everyone had cinnamon rolls with their chili until I was well into adulthood.

Cinnamon as a seasoning in chili is a Cincinnati thing.

Cincinnati Skyline Chili

Ingredients: 2 pounds lean ground beef, 1 lg white onion - chopped, 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce, 1 clove garlic - crushed, 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp red wine vinegar, 3 Tbls chili powder, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste.

Directions: Brown beef and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place browned mixture in a large pot and stir in the tomato sauce, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, cinnamon, vinegar, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, over low heat for 1 1/2 hours.

Serve meat mixture over cooked spaghetti, add shredded Cheddar, cooked dark kidney beans, sliced black olives and/or chopped onion as toppings to taste.