Lost Dog

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
someone reminds me of someone else we know :whistle:

its callled the phone book... or look on the internet... they have lots of phone numbers

... good luck with finding her... we have all pointed ya in the right direction of who to check with, call, and visit.

also you may find helpful is to visit some of the other lost pet threads here and see what others have done :yay:

good luck :coffee:

I would go door to door.. and talk with neighbors... it seems to help... :yay:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
If it were me I would have taken off work and been outside for almost every waking hour looking for my dang dog just because I know how easy it can be for him to get into trouble LOL. I'd check the shelters every day personally to visually inspect all dogs they have (just in case) and call also to the area shelters to put in a lost report. I'd do the flyer thing like they did, and go door to door like they did.

Great idea ICit on the crate idea with scented clothes/items.

I hope that if someone found the dog that they are honest and tell the shelter. It would be awful for a family to be without their dog while someone else just kept it you know? Who could be heartless like that and not care if there was a family crying over their dog being lost?

Place a crate out in the woods along with clothing with your scent on them.. just in case she is still in the area.

its been a few days but there is still hope... give them a call

Dogs Finding Dogs

Closedheart

well mom has friday off so were goning to go around a post more poster. We might go back to the shelter so we can give them a poster. My moms friend said she lost her dog and two weeks later....BAM! shows up on the door step, and it had no chip.

Some people can be really mean. i've been checking the classifieds to see if someone goes as far as trying to sell her to make money. I hope no one does that.

dawn

well mom has friday off so were goning to go around a post more poster. We might go back to the shelter so we can give them a poster. My moms friend said she lost her dog and two weeks later....BAM! shows up on the door step, and it had no chip.

Some people can be really mean. i've been checking the classifieds to see if someone goes as far as trying to sell her to make money. I hope no one does that.

Call the humane society, and any close vets as well. You can also list under the classified section on petfinder.com too.

Last edited:

tes218

Tidewater Vet in Charlotte Hall has a large book on their counter for lost animals. Make sure your mom puts a flyer in there and also on their bulletin board.

Closedheart

Tidewater Vet in Charlotte Hall has a large book on their counter for lost animals. Make sure your mom puts a flyer in there and also on their bulletin board.

Thank you! i'll do that. were going back up to the shelter to look and put up a flyer. mom said we shuldn't put any on street signs cause of the wind. so were just gonna put them in inside places

Closedheart

Found daisy. she was hiding out at the end of the road. she lost so much weight had so many ticks and cuts. but shes back and slowly getting the ticks off

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
OMG ticks this time of year? I'm SO GLAD you found her. I have a special kitty named Daisy ... Thank goodness you have her back !!!!

:yahoo:

Found daisy. she was hiding out at the end of the road. she lost so much weight had so many ticks and cuts. but shes back and slowly getting the ticks off

dawn

:clap: great news! Hopefully she will keep her behind at home now! :clap:

Roman

daisy

Congrats on finding Daisy. I just love those happy endings. I found a big tick on my cat yesterday, so I know they're out there.

I'm so glad Daisy is back home! I can only imagine she had no clue how to get back home and didn't trust anybody that wasn't her family so she just waited and waited and waited for her family to find her! I could see my mini doing that!

We pulled a live tick off of our dog a week ago. Time to Advantix already. :ohwell:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I am just shocked that there would be so many ticks prevalent this early in the season. I guess I better get out my repellent for my clothes when I'm in the grass.

I used Frontline in the past on my critters, but switched to Advantage last year. Now someone told me that they read that Revolution was better. I think sometimes you end up with one product that stops working on your pets and you switch to another that seems to work better when in fact the change to a different product is all that was needed?

I saw this list which compares them all:

Common Flea and Tick Control Products for Dogs and Cats

LOTS of :huggy: for Daisy!

I'm so glad Daisy is back home! I can only imagine she had no clue how to get back home and didn't trust anybody that wasn't her family so she just waited and waited and waited for her family to find her! I could see my mini doing that!

We pulled a live tick off of our dog a week ago. Time to Advantix already. :ohwell:

We don't have fleas, but we are surrounded by woods and field so we get plenty of ticks. I use K9 Advantix because it repels ticks and mosquitoes. When we used Frontline it would kill the ticks that bit, but it didn't stop the dogs from bringing them in. K9 Advantix really does repel the ticks and the dogs aren't bringing them in like they used to.

Now that I have an outdoor cat, I need to figure out what the best product for tick control will be for him.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Based on that list I posted, Revolution also handles worms in cats. Outdoor cats pick up worms easily, so you may want to use that? I used Revolution for the feral cats that I could get close enough to, but the others I had to use a sprayer set to stream to TRY to get some flea & tick repellent on them. For some cats this was next to impossible as they would get far enough away, or hide so I couldn't get them.

We don't have fleas, but we are surrounded by woods and field so we get plenty of ticks. I use K9 Advantix because it repels ticks and mosquitoes. When we used Frontline it would kill the ticks that bit, but it didn't stop the dogs from bringing them in. K9 Advantix really does repel the ticks and the dogs aren't bringing them in like they used to.

Now that I have an outdoor cat, I need to figure out what the best product for tick control will be for him.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I am just shocked that there would be so many ticks prevalent this early in the season. I guess I better get out my repellent for my clothes when I'm in the grass.

I used Frontline in the past on my critters, but switched to Advantage last year. Now someone told me that they read that Revolution was better. I think sometimes you end up with one product that stops working on your pets and you switch to another that seems to work better when in fact the change to a different product is all that was needed?

I saw this list which compares them all:

Common Flea and Tick Control Products for Dogs and Cats

LOTS of :huggy: for Daisy!

REVOLUTION doesnt have a good tick coverage... :shrug:... it only covers one type of tick. you may want to do more reading.... I do LOVE revolution but for issues for mites, Sarcoptic Mange (scabies)
and fleas... and it does help that it is a topical heartworm control
but....it only kills the american dog tick

you would want to look for a product that kills the lone star tick and the deer tick as well.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

Advantix is great! but for anyone that has a cat ... you must be very careful with this.... especially if the cat does come in contact with the dog...

Advantix is VERY toxic to cats.

Based on that list I posted, Revolution also handles worms in cats. Outdoor cats pick up worms easily, so you may want to use that? I used Revolution for the feral cats that I could get close enough to, but the others I had to use a sprayer set to stream to TRY to get some flea & tick repellent on them. For some cats this was next to impossible as they would get far enough away, or hide so I couldn't get them.

.. if your primary issue is cats .. you really need to becareful of what you do put on the kitties.... we do see lots of toxic reactions to cats and flea and tick products.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Oh wow on the poor tick coverage ! Thanks for that information. What would you suggest for an outdoor cat?

REVOLUTION doesnt have a good tick coverage... :shrug:... it only covers one type of tick. you may want to do more reading.... I do LOVE revolution but for issues for mites, Sarcoptic Mange (scabies)
and fleas... and it does help that it is a topical heartworm control
but....it only kills the american dog tick

you would want to look for a product that kills the lone star tick and the deer tick as well.