L'town Ford

I noticed a week ago that the emergency brake handle boot on my car had a bunch of holes in it. Only got the car in February, so this should not be happening. Called the service dept. on Thusday last week. They asked that I drop by for them to look at it, to see if there were any additional parts that they would need to order, so that they could have them on hand instead of having my car sitting there waiting for the parts to come in. Did that on Friday night. They called me Tuesday mid morning to let me know that the part was in. We dropped it off last night. Got an email around 7:00 this morning stating that they had entered my car into the computer, and provided a link so I could check the status of the repairs. Around 9:00 I got both an email and a call from the service manager to let me know that the work was finished. He went on to explain that there was a bracket that was not positioned quite right, and its was contacting the boot, thus the damage. He said they fixed that issue too so that the new boot won't get cut. It's nice to see that they took the time to try to fix it right, rather than just swap parts. So far I am very happy with my experience with L'town Ford.

Last edited:
My only complaint is that when I went to pick it up, they would not take it as an even exchange on the purty blue GT they had sitting in the center of the showroom. I think it'd be a fair trade, my car stickered at 16K and the blue one stickers at 160K (but will actually sell for closer to 300K).

marianne

Haven't dealt with the service dept there but we had very good experience with Chris Pyles - the internet salesperson there :yay:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Wow, that's good to know. You very seldom hear anything good about the dealerships around here. Thanks for the info

I have been very pleased with my experience with the entire dealership, from sales to service. The really impressive (to me) part is the customer service performance of the service department. I have NEVER had the type of communications with the customer that I have had with this dealership. Calling and emailing me (by the actual service department manager, not some flunky) updates on something as little as an emergency brake boot replacement is great! When we bought our Chevy Venture, I had to take it in for warranty work and it turned out the transmission had to be replaced. Did not get anywhere near the level of service and communication from that dealer as I have with L'town Ford.

They get a BIG :yay: from me.

marianne

FancyBelle said:
Wow, that's good to know. You very seldom hear anything good about the dealerships around here. Thanks for the info

Yeah we seldom find good dealerships and my husband has a bad habit of getting bored with cars. So once we find a good person to work with, we'll follow them wherever they go. For example, Chris Pyles was at Waldorf Ford. Now that he moved to L'town Ford, we're going there for our next Ford. For Nissans, I absolutely LOVE Patrick Hall at Brown's Arlington Nissan. We bought a couple cars from him and, when we had a problem with the Maxima, he personally went to the service staff and made sure I was taken care of. Patrick used to be the salesperson and is now the general manager of the dealership. Two thumbs waaaay up for Patrick. :yay: :yay: