Luke 12:49-53 Not Peace but Division

hotcoffee

Not Peace but Division

Luke 12:49 “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”​

If Jesus had come to bring peace to the earth... it would have meant compromise was necessary. Jesus wasn't here to compromise.

God is God. Jesus is His Son. The only way to Salvation is through Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God.

There is no compromise in that statement.

:coffee:

countrygirl12

Not Peace but Division

Luke 12:49 “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”​

If Jesus had come to bring peace to the earth... it would have meant compromise was necessary. Jesus wasn't here to compromise.

God is God. Jesus is His Son. The only way to Salvation is through Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God.

There is no compromise in that statement.

:coffee:

In these particular verses I see that the unbelievers eventually will separate themselves from the faithful children of God's family. If they refuse to receive the Gospel, shut Christ out of their lives, it will cause them to become bitter and hostile toward their "own family". (see Matthew 10:35-39. At present time, I think most of us will agree there is a definite division among men in the world and especially our country.

Yes Jesus Christ had an important mission to perform, to provide the way for us to return to the Father; Salvation for all.