LuLu FuzzyButt and KiKi StinkerToes?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So it has been a while since an update about LuLu. Once again I take pictures and she's sleeping in the kitty bed ........

2014-03-12_21-47-29_214.jpg

Dakota

~~~~~~~
So I was watching our recent addition, a male SENIOR rescue kitty, and HE was sniffing LuLu FuzzyButts BUTT! I said oh my, I bet you'd also like to visit KiKi Stinkertoes .... huh?

Funny how when Boxy (dog) sniffed her butt she would whack him, but when the senior kitty boy did it she didn't whack him, WTH? Is that species bias?

Was she sleeping with her butt in the air like this (so not lady-like) female of mine?

Attachments

• in the air.jpg
    in the air.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 200

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Was she sleeping with her butt in the air like this (so not lady-like) female of mine?

OMG that is too funny! They both even have the furry feet! I remember when I first saw LuLu in the cage at Tri-County ... I was thinking what BIG feet she had. Little did I know that skinny almost bare kitty was gonna be a big girl when she gained weight and filled out.

The reason she's a rescue "resident" is that she has potty issues. I would never adopt out a kitty with known potty issues. AND I seriously doubt anyone would say - I'd like to adopt a special kitty with potty issues, you know? She goes through spells where she will potty on dirty laundry (this belongs in the kitty behavior thread huh?) so I am pretty sure that was how she ended up outside fending for herself (turned out she had already been spayed so she WAS someone's pet). She knows she's wrong to pee outside the litter box (she will get a guilty look and run when you discover it) but she obviously can't help herself. She also requires a very clean litter box too, or she will find a throw rug to pee on LOL. Thank goodness she doesn't pee on the wall-to-wall carpet ..... I can't wash that easily.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
OMG that is too funny! They both even have the furry feet! I remember when I first saw LuLu in the cage at Tri-County ... I was thinking what BIG feet she had. Little did I know that skinny almost bare kitty was gonna be a big girl when she gained weight and filled out.

The reason she's a rescue "resident" is that she has potty issues. I would never adopt out a kitty with known potty issues. AND I seriously doubt anyone would say - I'd like to adopt a special kitty with potty issues, you know? She goes through spells where she will potty on dirty laundry (this belongs in the kitty behavior thread huh?) so I am pretty sure that was how she ended up outside fending for herself (turned out she had already been spayed so she WAS someone's pet). She knows she's wrong to pee outside the litter box (she will get a guilty look and run when you discover it) but she obviously can't help herself. She also requires a very clean litter box too, or she will find a throw rug to pee on LOL. Thank goodness she doesn't pee on the wall-to-wall carpet ..... I can't wash that easily.

Your kitty must be related to mine. Thankfully, she goes in and out and that has helped a great deal with her potty issues. It is just the winter is hard to deal with but Walnut litter has reduced the issues a great deal... but it hasn't been a 100 percent cure. :ohwell:

Her potty issues don't make me as mad as her attitude though. She is, without a doubt, a grumpy cat.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Your kitty must be related to mine. Thankfully, she goes in and out and that has helped a great deal with her potty issues. It is just the winter is hard to deal with but Walnut litter has reduced the issues a great deal... but it hasn't been a 100 percent cure. :ohwell:

Her potty issues don't make me as mad as her attitude though. She is, without a doubt, a grumpy cat.

Well due to providing clumping litter to so many cats, we were spending about $40-$60 a week, so I ended up switching them to Pelleted Horse Bedding which pops open when wet. So you put in like 1" of pellets across the bottom of the litter pan, and they pop open to be 4 to 5" high after use - wow. The bags cost me $6 each at Tractor Supply and I go through maybe 1 bag a week - big difference in cost. I must say that I bet others who read about that here also tried it ?

LuLu is needy. She wants to be in your lap or carried around like a baby. The perfect interactive kitty for someone who likes that kind of interaction of holding and lap sitting. There is rarely a lap to sit in at my house (we are busy and rarely sit down), so anytime anyone sits, she springs into their lap pronto!

In my experience talking with people, you'd be surprised to know just how many people tolerate potty issues out of the affection they have for their pets. Many ......

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Well due to providing clumping litter to so many cats, we were spending about $40-$60 a week, so I ended up switching them to Pelleted Horse Bedding which pops open when wet. So you put in like 1" of pellets across the bottom of the litter pan, and they pop open to be 4 to 5" high after use - wow. The bags cost me $6 each at Tractor Supply and I go through maybe 1 bag a week - big difference in cost. I must say that I bet others who read about that here also tried it ?

LuLu is needy. She wants to be in your lap or carried around like a baby. The perfect interactive kitty for someone who likes that kind of interaction of holding and lap sitting. There is rarely a lap to sit in at my house (we are busy and rarely sit down), so anytime anyone sits, she springs into their lap pronto!

In my experience talking with people, you'd be surprised to know just how many people tolerate potty issues out of the affection they have for their pets. Many ......

Sorry Ark, that sounds so gross... so they are pellets that go from 1" to 4 or 5" when peed on? That will turn my cats into nervous wrecks. That butt hole girl is already difficult as is. I don't need to make it worse. :lol:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Sorry Ark, that sounds so gross... so they are pellets that go from 1" to 4 or 5" when peed on? That will turn my cats into nervous wrecks. That butt hole girl is already difficult as is. I don't need to make it worse. :lol:

The pellets are compressed pine and you return them to their original fluffed up size by adding water.

if you spray water on the pellets, you can pop them open yourself - they dry out quickly enough and then can absorb pee. I know it sounds weird and you'd have to try it to see what I mean. These are the pellets. A small amount of water allows them to expand and hold way more fluid - not really gross LOL.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
PS given a preference, I prefer Fresh Step Clumping litter. I recently tried the new Arm and Hammer clumping litter for the boys but it doesn't seem to live up to it's claim to be odor free for 2 days, let alone the 7 days they claim, oh well.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Kitten Jam - Turn Down For What (adorable kittens dancing)

[video=youtube;_TxV4dkRi8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TxV4dkRi8M#t=65[/video]