M R Geese

BernieP

Resident PIA
I found I do like them better from a distance. I once walked out in a large field that was covered with them to toss them some bread, when they all started heading my way it scared me (they are huge up close) I ran back in the house.
I've witnessed (first hand) the destruction and attacks on passers by. They camped outside our building on the walks because some twit did just that, fed them (even thought we were told not to do it.)
Goose #### all over the walks, they would attack people entering / exiting the building and were pulling out the weather stripping on the windows and walks I have no idea why they were pulling that #### out.

Back in the '60s, I headed down to Long Island Sound after school one day in mid-fall. There were thousands and thousands of geese all floating just offshore, gathering for migration. Incredibly huge field of them. All of sudden, every one of them lifted off at once. It was an incredible sight and the sound was deafening. One of the more memorable moments of my youth.

Baker12

Yep, that area always has 10 trillion crab pots, gotta be on lookout when we go to Evan's...its always gonna be Evans. Im at split of Inigoes and St. Marys

My neighbors and I were talking about that recently. Ah.... the $11 all you can eat. I miss that place.

Baker12

Evans was the best, then they sold it an it declined rapidly. Its improved as the Ruddy Duck, but yeah, it used to be a great value.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My neighbors and I were talking about that recently. Ah.... the $11 all you can eat. I miss that place.

My grandfather's favorite restaurant of all time. Back in the early/mid 70s he'd take us there every chance he had.

When I had Swann's in the mid 90s, Evans went up for sale and they (Evans) tried to convince me how great an idea it would be to own both of the businesses seeing how they complimented each other and were so close together. LOL...just developing and running the one place liked to killed me.

I came down to Pax on work trips from NY back in the 70s/80s, supporting our team's computing needs. This was back in the day when Macintosh computers were the rage, and you could tailor the alerts and sounds with anything you wanted. One of our team did that, so every time the computer did an alert beep or error beep it would shout out ,"I WANNA GO TO EVANS!!!!!" in a very whiny annoying voice.

We'd wind up going to Evans just to get him to turn off the alerts.