Male Rottweiler available for adoption

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We have just been contacted about an approx. 100 lb male Rottie that is almost 2 years old and looking for a new home. His family moved to a place they are not allowed to keep him. The person I was in contact with was unsure as to whether he was neutered or not. If not, he will be soon <G>.

Family member says: "He gets along well with kids and other dogs, not sure about cats." This family member also says: "He is almost two. He is on the Wellness Plan at Banfield (Petco) and has had shots."

I will provide more information as I receive it, and also pictures once I get them. We are hoping for a foster that can take him this week and keep him until he can place placed.

Serenity40

I own two rotties male and female and my neigbor just lost their family dog to old age. They came over to ask about rotties and where to get them. I had no idea since both of my babies are rescues. I think they would seriously like to adopt and they are a loving couple whose kids have already left the nest. They have 4 or 5 acres it would make a furry baby very happy. I will ask them this evening after work!

ginwoman

I own two rotties male and female and my neigbor just lost their family dog to old age. They came over to ask about rotties and where to get them. I had no idea since both of my babies are rescues. I think they would seriously like to adopt and they are a loving couple whose kids have already left the nest. They have 4 or 5 acres it would make a furry baby very happy. I will ask them this evening after work!

this sounds so good. I hope it works out!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

I've had 3 Rotties in the past, all died of old age or a disease so they stayed with me their whole life for 2, and 1 was a rescue, and I agree with Catt, like other big breeds, Rotties need to be with people who understand the breed.

That's why I asked the lady to NOT just give to dog to anyone who says they want that dog. Maybe the Rottie Rescue would have space for this one since it doesn't appear to be a dominant dog like Boxy? Poor Boxy, I wonder if he'll ever get a home. Eventually I will give up on him unfortunately. I can't keep him, so he either has to be adopted, or be put down.

DeeCee

A horse of course!

ginwoman

The one rotweiller I had experience with was a gentle giant. He got away from someone in the neighborhood and came to our house (we have 3 dogs). I was scared when I saw him. But I approached him gently and he was a sweet heart. And my stupid 15 pound poodle attacked him and hung on his neck and he acted like the poodle wasn't even there.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
so far this is the only picture I have of him:

Attachments

• Rottie1.jpg
    Rottie1.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 115

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
you sure thats no the one up for adoption at Tri county????

I just read the description TC has and it doesn't sound like the same dog as this dog is friendly with other dogs they say. I believe he has to go this week, so if needed the only thing we have is a kennel run that is tarped (yeah talk about redneck LOL). NOT a good situation for a 100 lb dog for more than a couple of days. So seeking a foster/adopter to take him by Saturday.

I have a feeling based on the description of the Rottie at TC, that dog will go down unless pulled by a Rottie rescue. I've had food aggressive dogs before, and it's not easy to place dogs like that. With such an abundance fd dogs available, any dog with issues is a candidate for euthanasia. I'm actually surprised they are offering him up for adoption.

dawn

I was just informed this dog has been placed by the owner.[/QUOT

:yay: there is a beautiful one that was just picked up today by the pound on the stray page! I at first had to come compare pictures with this guy!'

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I was just informed this dog has been placed by the owner.[/QUOT

:yay: there is a beautiful one that was just picked up today by the pound on the stray page! I at first had to come compare pictures with this guy!'

hmm well I can only hope they placed him appropriately, as if not there could be a shelter in his future. That's why I like to intervene before people go the shelter route. My goal is to keep as many OUT of the shelter as possible.

I am so glad that Bruce the Boxer's people cared enough to get him back from the shelter so we could place him. Once I get my non-profit status I'll be able to pull critters on behalf of Lisa's Ark. Not like I can help many dogs at one time, but 1 at a time is better than none <g>.