Mamma Leones Brick Oven Pizza

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
SMinsider said:
Even if he did run a good pizza place 20 years ago, I don't know why anyone would want to sponsor a pizza shop owned by Ken Rossignol, unless you like backhandely supporting St. Mary's Today, and making him richer than he already is off of other people's misery.

Good point! Meanwhile, Arizona Pizza in Leonardtown and Petruzzi's in Wildewood have excellent pizza!

Ninetysixdelta

INSCOM, 2000-2004
Well, I do prefer that my dining experiences not be politically charged...

"How's that pepperoni and mushroom taste?"

"It carries a hint of the bitter flavor of hypocrisy and guilt. But otherwise good."

Still, good pizza is good pizza, and I too fondly remember Bambino's from when I was young(er).

Bambino's had the Popeye video game where your girlfriend would drop hearts from the top of the screen and you had to collect them before they fluttered down into the water, all the while avoiding large and inexplicably angry bearded men by knocking buckets down onto their head. In other words, just like dating in real life.

Oh, and they had a jukebox too--one nobody ever seemed to use.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
chuckster said:
I drove by and looked at this place today. It looks great and almost ready to open.

I wonder where Rossignol got the bucks to complete the buildout... :confused:

fttrsbeerwench

I was told today that the new pizza place will open Monday or Tuesday.. They have received the health department go ahead and have fixed the glitches with the equipment...

I used to LOOOOOVEEE Bambino's........ Politics or no. I'll be happy to be able to have something more than grilled chicken and pork fried rice while I'm at work..

:yay:

Negative Nancy

Pissy Biatch
Carryout hotline..call 888-205-1311
for the new Mama Leone's Brick Oven Pizza at the Callaway Village Center, Callaway.

Enjoy the :barf:

:boo: Won't go back again.

nomoney

Negative Nancy said:
Carryout hotline..call 888-205-1311
for the new Mama Leone's Brick Oven Pizza at the Callaway Village Center, Callaway.

Enjoy the :barf:

:boo: Won't go back again.

Thanks! that # works

nomoney said:
Thanks! that # works
Let me know what you think of their pizza... my kids are always looking for a reason to eat pizza and trying out a new pizza joint is as good a reason as any. :yay:

keekee

No recent posts on Mama Leone's, but I finally tried it last week. I was not thrilled about the owner, but the food was excellent. I had a veggie calzone. The crust was flakey, and the veggies were firm - not soggy, and it was HUGE. I could only get thru half of it, and it was only five bucks! I will be going back! My friend had a stromboli, and he said it was great. They also have a lunch buffet, and specials that include sandwich & soup for five to six bucks. Great food - and inexpensive! I haven't had their pizza yet... but I plan on trying it! :yay:

CMC122

Go Braves!
I think their pizza sauce is too strong.

We've been there twice and it was awful both times. The service was terrible and took forever to get our food. We've decided to not go back again.

Joe Bagadonuts

CMC122 said:
We've been there twice and it was awful both times. The service was terrible and took forever to get our food. We've decided to not go back again.

Same here. Went once soon after they opened and the service was super slow and all botched up. They also forgot a few toppings we ordered on the pizza, but rather than refund us the difference the manager/owner just said to tell them next time we came in and they'd give us free toppings. Yeah, right.

Eventually got over the not so great first time then went again after they'd been open a little bit; figured they'd have all the service issues ironed out. Nope. Took almost an hour just to get a couple sandwiches. Definitely NOT going back again.

keekee

We ordered carryout, so we didn't have to deal with bad service. Hopefully they will get their act together or they will probably not last long. There was no one in there when I picked up our food. Too bad, because the food was yummy.

emiloch

7D Girl
That's what's so infuriating about it; the food is great, but the service stinks. I wouldn't be so disappointed if the food was only mediocre, but as it is, the food is good and makes you want to come back.

It's been several months now and they STILL can't get it right. Why haven't they hired a better manager?