Mandatory Masks in SMC Again?

TPD

the poor dad
Guess who wants us to mask up again? It's dire. This is the worst the pandemic has ever been so we need masks on NOW because they work! Oh yeah, and while you are at it commissioners, give me $500,000 for home test kits that I can give out to everyone.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Apparently one day last week the line stretched from Dean Lumber to the u-turn at Hollywood Rescue Squad for people waiting to get to the Hollywood Firehouse for testing. UFB
I heard something about that, but I thought they were lined up on the southbound side the other way.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The LW (recently red pilled) thinks that everyone freaked out since the Science™ said that the 'cron was gonna get us all, ESPECIALLY if you did not remote in to your family's Christmas. Now, we have test kit shortages, long lines for testing, vaxxed people getting multiple tests and hoarding of take home testing kits just because a huge portion of our population are lemmings/sheep and WANT to be told what to do, eat and medicate.

UglyBear

Apparently one day last week the line stretched from Dean Lumber to the u-turn at Hollywood Rescue Squad for people waiting to get to the Hollywood Firehouse for testing. UFB
Mrs UB said the other day, when we got past traffic in front of “testing facility”:
“We should have pulled the money out of the house two years ago, and invested in medical devices market. We could have paid the house down by now”.
As usual, hind vision is 20/20. We invested in steel, lead, brass and frozen meat instead.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As I've said before, you can simply refuse to comply. They can't arrest everyone. Civil disobedience is a time honored American tradition.

That's what happened in Lafayette, LA and a few other places we've been to in the last couple years. The city or state handed down a bunch of edicts and the People gave them the old Eff Ewe. Here in PCB the Walgreens, CVS, and a couple other chains have a sign on the door saying you have to wear a mask, and everyone ignores it.

You don't have to do what they say. They work for you, not the other way around.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
As usual, hind vision is 20/20. We invested in steel, lead, brass and frozen meat instead.
Me too. And while eventually everyone with COVID will die from it and the medical stuff become irrelevant, the stuff we've invested in will have increased in value. ;-)

PeoplesElbow

Mrs UB said the other day, when we got past traffic in front of “testing facility”:
“We should have pulled the money out of the house two years ago, and invested in medical devices market. We could have paid the house down by now”.
COVID is played out, not making me money like it did two years ago. I need a new scare to capitalize off of.

PeoplesElbow

As I've said before, you can simply refuse to comply. They can't arrest everyone. Civil disobedience is a time honored American tradition.

That's what happened in Lafayette, LA and a few other places we've been to in the last couple years. The city or state handed down a bunch of edicts and the People gave them the old Eff Ewe. Here in PCB the Walgreens, CVS, and a couple other chains have a sign on the door saying you have to wear a mask, and everyone ignores it.

You don't have to do what they say. They work for you, not the other way around.
It's amazing the number of people I see masked up, I bet it's over 50%.

I had a professor one time say the only way to get students to sit in the same place every time was to not assign seating.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Was that on Sunday for the handing out of the free test kits?

mitzi

They were also giving away test kits that day.

glhs837

Power with Control

I had a professor one time say the only way to get students to sit in the same place every time was to not assign seating.

Its crazy. I've noticed it myself.

Went into DSW lat week. Sign on the door said that masks were mandatory per state requirement. Yeah, buddy, not happening. Went in, there were 5-7 eight patrons, all masked up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

And here I see maybe one or two people dotted around wearing masks. Employees at grocery stores and what have you have to wear masks, but almost none of the customers do. We had a big Christmas dinner at the clubhouse and not one single person wore a mask. Walking around Pier Park or one of the tourist attractions, almost nobody is masked.

When given a choice, people choose not to wear masks.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I also walked right into DSW and Joanns, ignored their masks required signs. They can ask me to mask, I will gladly leave.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I also walked right into DSW and Joanns, ignored their masks required signs. They can ask me to mask, I will gladly leave.
The employees probably dgaf and won't pester you unless a Karen walks in, sees you, and makes a fuss.

Tech

TPD

the poor dad
I swear the good dr has passed my mugshot around to every business in SMC. Tonight I’m in the We-Is in the Square, minding my own business while my wife checks off her list, standing in the Health & Beauty aisle all by myself, when a We -Is employee tracks me down and tells me I need a mask! WHaT?!?! Only about 50% of the customers are wearing masks. I did not hear or see her tell anyone else they need a mask. She informs me we are under a state of emergency and masks are now required. I inform her that yes we are under a state of emergency but masks are not required in SMC. She informs me there are signs on the door and she offers to show me. I tell her I don’t need to see them and that masks are not required and they don’t work. She looks at her phone to look for the state requirement, doesn’t find it then informs me that it is company policy. I inform her I don’t have a mask and am not wearing one. She goes back to the front of the store, I return to minding my own business.

My wife was a couple aisles over, maskless - nothing said to her. She told me it was only because I was the only younger white guy in the store that the poc woman employee approached me. Who knows. We buy our groceries and walk out with the woman standing guard at the door while others come and go maskless and she says nothing.

There is some type of sign on the door but it doesn’t say masks required, more to the effect that everyone should wear a mask. I go in there at least once a week and have never had issues, until tonight. Just a very weird encounter.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I swear the good dr has passed my mugshot around to every business in SMC. Tonight I’m in the We-Is in the Square, minding my own business while my wife checks off her list, standing in the Health & Beauty aisle all by myself, when a We -Is employee tracks me down and tells me I need a mask! WHaT?!?! Only about 50% of the customers are wearing masks. I did not hear or see her tell anyone else they need a mask. She informs me we are under a state of emergency and masks are now required. I inform her that yes we are under a state of emergency but masks are not required in SMC. She informs me there are signs on the door and she offers to show me. I tell her I don’t need to see them and that masks are not required and they don’t work. She looks at her phone to look for the state requirement, doesn’t find it then informs me that it is company policy. I inform her I don’t have a mask and am not wearing one. She goes back to the front of the store, I return to minding my own business.

My wife was a couple aisles over, maskless - nothing said to her. She told me it was only because I was the only younger white guy in the store that the poc woman employee approached me. Who knows. We buy our groceries and walk out with the woman standing guard at the door while others come and go maskless and she says nothing.

There is some type of sign on the door but it doesn’t say masks required, more to the effect that everyone should wear a mask. I go in there at least once a week and have never had issues, until tonight. Just a very weird encounter.
UFB!