Marines 3D-print concrete barracks in just 40 hours

black dog

Free America
I'm a bubblehead. We stick together.
I laughed when I read pier queers, out loud!

LOL.... He was a Nuke Engineer on a Franklin Class Boomer,,, SS Stimpson blue crew if I remember right.
My dad took us to New London for it's commissioning.

Edit... Blue crew.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm a bubblehead. We stick together.
I laughed when I read pier queers, out loud!

Took NAVLEAD at Groton in I think 92, stayed with my brother and his admittedly less than genius class wife. After the first day, I mentioned it was sorta funny being hit up about my leather flight jacket by the bubbleheads. His wife piped up "Bubbleheads, airheads, whats the difference?" My brother just laughed at me :)

black dog

Free America
Ok Bubble heads help me out here, my dad's brother went to MD University for a year and then enlisted in the Navy around 65-66 I believe Groton was his first duty station after whatever mos he went to school at, I always thought he was a Nuke engineer from the start after propulsion school and going to Connecticut and finishing some work on the SS Stimpson. He was on the commission Blue crew and next to his name is IC3... Is that internal communications? Is it possible to have gone to propulsion school after a few years, all he had at they time was a year at MD on rt1.
He is as inlisted for eight years I believe and I know he went to propulsion school because that's what got him in UMCP nuke school. After he graduated from MD with his nuke dregree he landed a job through Mr Becktel and stayed with them untill he retired. His last year's with Bectel he worked as a nuclear licensing engineer, whatever that is ..
Any help understanding would be awesome...
Signed a Grunt trying to figure it out. My Dad and my Uncle are both dead, I can't ask them..
I wasn't expecting that IC3 thing.... :confused: :shrug:

Ok Bubble heads help me out here, my dad's brother went to MD University for a year and then enlisted in the Navy around 65-66 I believe Groton was his first duty station after whatever mos he went to school at, I always thought he was a Nuke engineer from the start after propulsion school and going to Connecticut and finishing some work on the SS Stimpson. He was on the commission Blue crew and next to his name is IC3... Is that internal communications? Is it possible to have gone to propulsion school after a few years, all he had at they time was a year at MD on rt1.
He is as inlisted for eight years I believe and I know he went to propulsion school because that's what got him in UMCP nuke school. After he graduated from MD with his nuke dregree he landed a job through Mr Becktel and stayed with them untill he retired. His last year's with Bectel he worked as a nuclear licensing engineer, whatever that is ..
Any help understanding would be awesome...
Signed a Grunt trying to figure it out. My Dad and my Uncle are both dead, I can't ask them..
I wasn't expecting that IC3 thing.... :confused: :shrug:

Sorry for the slow response. IC3 is Interior Communications third class. It's feasible he started as an ICman, then went to nuke school after a reenlistment. Regardless, your Uncle was an asskicker! :buddies:

black dog

Free America
Sorry for the slow response. IC3 is Interior Communications third class. It's feasible he started as an ICman, then went to nuke school after a reenlistment. Regardless, your Uncle was an asskicker! :buddies:

Thank you.. I was a kid when he was enlisted, he was in 8-9 years and I know he went to nuke propulsion school and when he left the Navy he went to MD U to get his nuke engineering degree and then worked for Bectel until he retired.