Martz 705 Bus Route

brnpugli

I used to take this route into DC each day. I wanted to find out if it is any better with seating and arrival/departure times. I am currently driving and thinking about going back to the bus to save some money. I know I still see alot of Keller busses broken down still but no Martz ones. Any insight would be great.

Thank you

ShyGirl

I just started taking the buses again and have only taken the 705 a few times. The bus doesn't seem jammed full like it used to be and the martz bus seats are more comfortable than the other bus lines.

Urbanite

I used to take this route into DC each day. I wanted to find out if it is any better with seating and arrival/departure times. I am currently driving and thinking about going back to the bus to save some money. I know I still see alot of Keller busses broken down still but no Martz ones. Any insight would be great.

Thank you

I take the 705 everyday, I also took the Keller version 905, Martz is 100% better, they are clean, they are on schedule in the mornings, the afternoons they usually are on schedule unless something (like the fire at L'Efant) blocks traffic. I find the wifi a plus, they never break down, they always have heat and/or air-conditioning, the seats are comfortable, some of the buses in the evening are quite full and some are not. Since the Fed workers are light on Mondays and Fridays so are the buses. I would recommend trying it again, I really can't find a substantial negative to not ride it. Just so you know, there are now 2 Park n Rides, one on Golden Beach and the other where it use to be at Charlotte Hall. The 705 picks up and drops off at the Charlotte Hall PnR.

brnpugli

Thank you so much. I think I might have to try it again. I really hated the Keller busses but these are actually sounding kind of nice.

I used to take the 705. Now I take the 715 from GB PnR. Why? Metro Center is the first stop in the morning and the next to last stop in the afternoon. I catch the 4:40 am and 3:10 pm and have not once had to share a seat. 9 times out of 10 I get the same seat every trip. Love it. Just wish the driver would drive a little faster in the morning (I often miss the morning metro by <1 min, which means 10 min wait) and stop taking stupid side roads in the city when 395/295 are rolling free and clear in the afternoon (looks like this may have been stopped by Mgmt). HUGE improvement over Keller and Dillon.