Maryland cracked windshield law?

R

RadioPatrol

Are there any laws regarding cracked windshields in Maryland? I've got one, but I don't want to pay to fix it unless I have to. Also, if I were to get a ticket for it, is it one of those "fix it" kinds that you can have dismissed after you get it done?

It Depends ... there used to be this MS trooper, that patrolled the to of the Beltway around 95 ... and he was tough on Cracked Windshields ....

IIRC the standards was if it was in the wiper sweep it had to be replaced

Quite being cheap and get it replaced ....

on a side note ... I got a ticket in Colorado Springs back in 80's for driving an unsafe vehicle ... busted windshield, busted tail light .... I had driven across the street to fill up the flat tire, and a Co trooper in an 83 Mustang pulled me over going back across .....

I tried to tell him, I had a replacement windshield, and tail light and I live right there ..... :mad: wrote me up anyway ...

Co. had no state inspection ... it was great buying a vehicle .... after dealing with MD, you just walk in with the Title ... walk out with Tags :lmao:

bcp

In My Opinion
the difference between a zero deductible, and a 250 deductible is only like 25 bucks a year for me.

My glass is free.

just a thought, wont help you now but maybe in the future?

H

HouseCat

the difference between a zero deductible, and a 250 deductible is only like 25 bucks a year for me.

My glass is free.

just a thought, wont help you now but maybe in the future?
exactly. Any good insurance policy should replace/repair your windshield for free regardless how it happened.
Well, USAA will.

Eunibaby88

I believe the law is that if it is not in the drivers view you will be ok I think the repair order is dismissed when you show proof you fixed it

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Just got a fix it ticket for a headlight 3 or so weeks ago.. Replaced the light, went to Charles County sheriiffs office and mailed document in. Piece of cake.

Whatever you do. Don't go to Brandywine Auto Salvage for a new windshield. They sell new ones but for whatever reason can't install them without scracthing them deeply. Today was install of window # 2 and it was scratched. Have to wait for sealant to cure and try again next week. They are reimbursing me for the labor cost of the intial window installation so they get partial kudos from me for that.

Technician came to look at window today and told me it was a "mechanics scratch" Guess the flippin window will fix itself? :smack: