Maryland State Police Petition

Smowlover409

To the citizens of the State of Maryland:

Due to the unforeseen tragic accident of Trooper 2, some people believe that the Maryland State Police Aviation Division should be shut down. If this was to happen, this can have a major impact on treatment and care for patients.

Maryland State Police transports patients after severe accidents, near drowning, burns, strokes and other major calls not listed. In rural areas where time is critical, flight transpiration is in the patient best interest. For it increase a person’s survival rate when getting to the appropriate facility in a timely manner. By signing this petition you state that Maryland State Police Aviation Division is an important part of treating critical care patient’s.

If you would like me to email or PM you a copy of the Petition please PM me. Must be a current Maryland resident.

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
I fought the urge to say this the other day, but I can't fight it anymore.

Viva Sparky!
Long live Sparky!

Vince

Due to the unforeseen tragic accident of Trooper 2, some people believe that the Maryland State Police Aviation Division should be shut down. If this was to happen, this can have a major impact on treatment and care for patients.

Maryland State Police transports patients after severe accidents, near drowning, burns, strokes and other major calls not listed. In rural areas where time is critical, flight transpiration is in the patient best interest. For it increase a person’s survival rate when getting to the appropriate facility in a timely manner. By signing this petition you state that Maryland State Police Aviation Division is an important part of treating critical care patient’s.

If you would like me to email or PM you a copy of the Petition please PM me. Must be a current Maryland resident.
People that make idiotic statements like this know nothing about aviation or the good that the unit does. They are the types that jump everytime a tragedy occurs and want to shut it down, get rid of it, take it away or step on it. They make rash statements and don't have a clue what they're talking about.

MrX

High Octane
People that make idiotic statements like this know nothing about aviation or the good that the unit does. They are the types that jump everytime a tragedy occurs and want to shut it down, get rid of it, take it away or step on it. They make rash statements and don't have a clue what they're talking about.

:yeahthat:

Well said! :clap:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
With the helo's there is a genuine medical necessity where time is important, unlike some ambulances that are used by people as a taxi service.

Woodyspda

I don't think the operation should be shutdown. What I do think is that it is overutilized and the safety level is poor. What I read about the downed copter really ticked me off. The pilot in control utilized bad judgement. Sometimes you just can't do the mission. Weather sucks. In my opinion, the pilot was just as reckless as JFK jr.

That chopper shouldn't have been flying that night. Sorry but it's the truth.

Risk Management was not utilized that night. Let's make sure that training is put in place to prevent another "accident" (not really...it was human error) from happening.

greeneyes36

I don't think the operation should be shutdown. What I do think is that it is overutilized and the safety level is poor. What I read about the downed copter really ticked me off. The pilot in control utilized bad judgement. Sometimes you just can't do the mission. Weather sucks. In my opinion, the pilot was just as reckless as JFK jr.

That chopper shouldn't have been flying that night. Sorry but it's the truth.

Risk Management was not utilized that night. Let's make sure that training is put in place to prevent another "accident" (not really...it was human error) from happening.

pretty easy for you to armchair quarterback, huh? if it were your loved one, you'd be 1st one screaming why is the helo not in the air??? regardless of the weather.

sommpd

Is this something that is necessary? Who are “some people”? I know that “some people” believe that we should not drive cars but I don’t think it necessary to send a petition to Annapolis to make sure they don’t suspend everyone’s license.

Rael

Supper's Ready

My question is who are the "some people"? Have they taken any formal steps to try shutting it down?

Rael

Supper's Ready
Is this something that is necessary? Who are “some people”? I know that “some people” believe that we should not drive cars but I don’t think it necessary to send a petition to Annapolis to make sure they don’t suspend everyone’s license.

Didn't see you asked that already... :lol:

tiny tim

obviously it shouldn't be shut down. but it shouldn't be responsibility of MSP...police are for law enforcment not for victim aid. Do like other states and contract the service out. Simple and easy.

Woodyspda

pretty easy for you to armchair quarterback, huh? if it were your loved one, you'd be 1st one screaming why is the helo not in the air??? regardless of the weather.

Thing is, I know that job... I did it for nearly 20 years. I've lost plenty of "brothers" on training missions that went wrong due to poor planning/risk Management. I've had my fair share of close calls and I currently have several very close friends still flying. I've flown at least 12 medevac missions...each time Risk Management came into play. On at least two occasions, we were unable to complete the mission due to weather. I would never ask anyone to take an unnecessary (keyword) risk to save even my own life. So, yeah... it's easy (if you want to think that making a life or death decision is easy) for me to armchair qb.

I didn't say the program should be shut down. I did say that it should be reevaluated and administered. There's a big difference.

Woodyspda

obviously it shouldn't be shut down. but it shouldn't be responsibility of MSP...police are for law enforcment not for victim aid. Do like other states and contract the service out. Simple and easy.

That would be one option.... it would be easier to regulate than a state entity.

I agree. The choppers should be used for police work.

Attachments

• med star.jpg
    med star.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 57

OldHillcrestGuy

If you enjoy getting a bill for $10,000 when you need a chopper then privatize it.

Woodyspda

If you enjoy getting a bill for $10,000 when you need a chopper then privatize it.

Hmmm now that's a thought....

I get in an accident and get flown out by a private chopper company on contract.... I get a bill for 10 grand... which my insurance will pay most of.

Alternative:
Year after year keep paying 7 grand a year to the state of Maryland and MAYBE need the services of a helicopter.

To tell you the truth... If I'm in that bad of shape... go ahead and consider me parts for someone that needs them.