May be apples and oranges, but worth noting...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
But in the end you don't have to worry about Kerry trying to enforce any "recommendations", we kowtow to that country like no other.

What "recommendations" could Kerry possibly offer that would be the slightest bit constructive in the current situation?? Rabid-dog Palestinian utes are randomly attacking Israeli citizens on the streets over what they've been mistakenly led to believe is an impending Israeli action to mess with one of their holy sites. They are being shot for their trouble. Good riddance. WTF is Kerry going to do or say??

rdytogo

From what I understand, and told by one of his crew, was that he, Kerry, was guilty of these war-crimes.. jumping from his boat, and killing a wounded enemy that presented no threat at the time, but Ka-Ching.. another medal/ribbon so why should anyone care.

I thought that those reports were dis-credited and most of his former crewmates defended him.

Hijinx

Hijinx - Admittedly, this is before my time so I don't know all of the context surrounding his testimony to congress. But if what Kerry said was actually true, wouldn't you want to know about it?

I heard some pretty disturbing stories from my father about what he witnessed in Vietnam, and while he (as far as I know) never shared those with anyone else, are you telling me he would be a traitor, or not "love his country" if he did so? Do you think there is no value in understanding how war is (or was) waged?

There are pretty disturbing stories from every war. Atrocities have happened in every war we ever fought in.
Certainly the Germans shot down unarmed soldiers during WW2 , but we did also.

Should we have these stories in a dissertation in Congress by a man who was guilty of what he accused others of?
By a Coward who got 3 band-aid wounds and ran away from the war?
By a man who met with the enemy in Paris while he was still in the Naval Reserve?

We have to assume your father never tried to interfere in the Diplomatic relations of his own country by meeting with the enemy.
I would bet he wasn't a part of the anti war movement, and in league with a traitor who was pictured on a Vietnamese AA weapon .
She now says it was a mistake---I agree , one she should have been served time in prison for.

Yes there is value in knowing what happens in war, mainly to avoid war.
Ask him why he does not do so. I would bet because he loves his country and the men he served with.

I personally doubt Kerry saw any of the atrocities he testified to, since he was on a boat wasn't on shore where these things were happening. He may have heard stories , but until he jumped off his boat to commit his own atrocity I doubt he witnessed much of it.

rdytogo

There are pretty disturbing stories from every war. Atrocities have happened in every war we ever fought in.

Should we have these stories in a dissertation in Congress by a man who was guilty of what he accused others of?
By a man who met with the enemy in Paris while he was still in the Naval Reserve?

We have to assume your father never tried to interfere in the Diplomatic relations of his own country by meeting with the enemy.
I would bet he wasn't a part of the anti war movement, and in league with a traitor who was pictured on a Vietnamese AA weapon .
She now says it was a mistake---I agree , one she should have been served time in prison for.

Ask him why he does not do so. I would bet because he loves his country and the men he served with.

I personally doubt Kerry saw any of the atrocities he testified to, since he was on a boat wasn't on shore where these things were happening. He may have heard stories , but until he jumped off his boat to commit his own atrocity I doubt he witnessed much of it.

I'm no fan of John Kerry's politics, but you are making a lot of allegations which have been refuted by people who were there. I don't know that Kerry was a coward or that he was a hero. I know that he was awarded a Bronze and Silver star. I know that the Commanding officer who put him in for that silver star prepared an affidavit in 2004 saying Kerry never deserved the award, but then when you read the service evaluations by this same commanding officer contemporaneous with award, he did give Kerry credit.

Has your own courage been battle tested?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
lol! Nice try to change the subject. What a nimrod.

smh..you sure are mentally challenged. Go back a few posts and let's see if you can figure out who tried to change the subject. :yay: (Hint: it has the number 32 associated with it)

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
smh..you sure are mentally challenged. Go back a few posts and let's see if you can figure out who tried to change the subject. :yay: (Hint: it has the number 32 associated with it)

Answer the question or are you just another blowhard? Or you could tell us again how much "stuff" you have. lol!

Might as well change subjects. This thread began as a weird criticism of US SecState John Kerry visiting Israel in an effort to quell the uptick in violence between Israel and Palestine. It then changed course with an anonymous forum poster, who admits to never having been in combat, calling Vietnam veteran John Kerry, a Silver Star and Bronze Star recipient, a coward.

rdytogo

HOLD UP! YOU never saw combat but have the AUDACITY to call someone who did a coward? You are the worst piece of human slime there is. I'll say again, I do not like John Kerry's politics, but at least he did his duty. For a person who has never served in a combat mission to call another person who has a coward is to me sir, very cowardly!