Md. Gov. Larry Hogan issues ‘stay at home’ order

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
That's bullshit ... still NOT supposed to be a reason for stopping someone

You have to remember it's North Beach. Which means that you have a cohort of shall we say "mature" women who no longer have the Senior Center to hang out at and gossip.

That translates to them having even more time to look out their window and decide that the car that just drove by their house has to be a drug car, the person that stops at the same house up the street is either a drug dealer making a delivery or a drug user picking up a delivery, that any Black is a Crip or Blood, any Hispanic (except the guys that cut their yard) is MS13, that any White kid they see walking is a meth head (even though meth is a non-factor right now) or anyone they see who they don't immediately recognize is a drug mule for the cartels. All of the preceding is normal behavior, they now have more time for it.

Having made any or all of the above determinations they then proceed to bombard the Sheriff's Department with "tips", you know "See something, say something".

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
My neighbors across the street have visitors parking on the side of the street.
And I need to check my mailbox.

What should I do?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
You have to remember it's North Beach. Which means that you have a cohort of shall we say "mature" women who no longer have the Senior Center to hang out at and gossip.

That translates to them having even more time to look out their window and decide that the car that just drove by their house has to be a drug car, the person that stops at the same house up the street is either a drug dealer making a delivery or a drug user picking up a delivery, that any Black is a Crip or Blood, any Hispanic (except the guys that cut their yard) is MS13, that any White kid they see walking is a meth head (even though meth is a non-factor right now) or anyone they see who they don't immediately recognize is a drug mule for the cartels. All of the preceding is normal behavior, they now have more time for it.

Having made any or all of the above determinations they then proceed to bombard the Sheriff's Department with "tips", you know "See something, say something".

Ah OK ..... I'm not familiar I live in National Harbor ...

so neighborhood busy bodies

That does make it a different situation. It's not deputies pulling people over as in a police state if they're following up on leads. Which they have to do.

PeoplesElbow

Where does Voyager fit into the scheme of things? I'm doing the original series at the moment and I'm about halfway there. What's the next series after that?
The Next Generation
Voyager and Deep Space Nine Overlap most of their runs
Then Enterprise

I think Voyager was my favorite of them, Q and the Borg were on there a lot and I liked both.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

People are being banned on Twitter for posting that kinda stuff, I kid you not.

Frankly, I have no idea as to the validity of vitamin supplements in regards to COVID-19. I just eat right and exercise.

I have heard a few medical discussions relating to high vitamin dosage possibly being beneficial, but in all cases those were in uber high doses administered with an injection or intravenous (I think).

I would Google Vitamin D overdose before you starting popping over the counter pills in massive amounts. Doesn't sound pretty.

Here it is from mayoclinic.org: The main consequence of vitamin D toxicity is a buildup of calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia), which can cause nausea and vomiting, weakness, and frequent urination. Symptoms might progress to bone pain and kidney problems, such as the formation of calcium stones.

A family member's doctor ordered a 50,000 IU Vitamin D shot for him because of a thyroid issue, so there are some legit reasons.
Well here ya go. Actual scientific proof. From the US Government research.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6164750/

And, if you want it the natural way, during the winter months, or year round if necessary, the only FDA approved light device that emits only the UVB spectrum of light.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

BernieP

Resident PIA
The Next Generation
Voyager and Deep Space Nine Overlap most of their runs
Then Enterprise

I think Voyager was my favorite of them, Q and the Borg were on there a lot and I liked both.
Deep Space Nine was spun off of Star Trek Next Generation (Worf, O'Brien)
Voyager was spun off of DS9. The Marquis are fighting for their independence. Kira Nerys is a Bajoran militia officer, former guerrilla fighter during the Cardassian

The Borg I think have run through all the Franchises, I think the original Enterprise crew had to fight them in one of the movies.

FED_UP

Friend in OH, said he had friend look on line about his stimulus check, it said back child support took it all.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Friend in OH, said he had friend look on line about his stimulus check, it said back child support took it all.

Yes, that is the ONE thing that the payment would be off-set for. (not for previous taxes owed, etc._