MD state vehicle inspection location

DQ2B

So, a while back I saw a sign for a really reasonably priced inspection somewhere in Lexington Park area but for the life of me can't remember where I saw the sign. Anyone??

calvcopf

They make their money off of the stuff they make you "fix" to pass their inspection, not necessarily the advertised inspection price. Just go to a reputable shop, not someone advertising a "low price".

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Well, I wouldn't be paying for it. The dealer would have to take care of that. :)
If you are trading in a vehicle or flat out selling one to a dealer, why worry about getting one? If you are buying from a dealer it should come with an inspection certificate.

DQ2B

If you are trading in a vehicle or flat out selling one to a dealer, why worry about getting one? If you are buying from a dealer it should come with an inspection certificate.
Ugh, the car is from a dealer in another state. None of you are terribly helpful.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Park Sunoco. But I think they closed down. He was an honest guy.
Not closed; they relocated to Mechanicsville behind the Used Car Factory and are now named Three Notch Automotive. Phone number is 240-249-6075. Address is 27725 Three Notch Road, Mechanicsville, Maryland 20619. Great people and highly recommended.

Grumpy

I had a car inspected at Cheseldines in October and I believe it was $50 $75

Last edited:

Grumpy

I was going to mention them too. Always fair, in my experience. I only started using J & M because they are closer for me.
Agree, first time I've had a car inspected where they didn't come back with needed repairs. Couple years ago on another car, place in Calvert wanted $160 to replace a serpentine belt that had a tiny nick in it...Said no, drove to the auto parts store, bought a new belt and put it on in the parking lot and was back at inspection station in 30 minutes..It was the last time I used that place for anything.