MD state vehicle inspection location

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My son just started working at Tom Hodges and he's a MD state inspector. He's new enough to the trade that he's strictly by the book. He hasn't been corrupted by any money hungry service managers yet. Take it there and you'll be sure it's safe and you'll get an honest inspection. I've known him for 21 years.:yay:

• 301-666-2610
Tell them you understand they have a new guy that comes with good reviews, even if I am his father. Honesty was always expected in our household. There was no other option or the consequences were doubled.

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Just keep your thoughts to yourself PJ. Everyone has a bad day every now and then.

To answer the original question, you are probably referring to the big sign in front of the hertz car rental on 235 in California. $75 advertised.

Personally, I'd take it to either Tom Hodges or Cheseldine by WalMart. Hodges follows the letter of the law. Cheseldine appears to be a little more lenient.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So, a while back I saw a sign for a really reasonably priced inspection somewhere in Lexington Park area but for the life of me can't remember where I saw the sign. Anyone??
Hewitts?? Hertz Rental Car??

calvcopf

Only go to Tom Hodges Service, if you want to be treated like crap. I don't know how they keep any customers with the way I heard the service mgr talk to people. That guy was straight up rude.

I have been to Martin 's Auto Tech before. They did honor the warranty and did the repair twice and they were super friendly!

Mr. Tire in California, MD is good for tires and oil changes. But stay far away from the PF location. They have the same name but operated much differently.

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Only go to Tom Hodges Service, if you want to be treated like crap. I don't know how they keep any customers with the way I heard the service writer talk to people. That guy was straight up rude.

I have been to Martin 's Auto Tech before. They did honor the warranty and did the repair twice and they were super friendly!

Mr. Tire in California, MD is good for tires and oil changes. But stay far away from the PF location. They have the same name but operated much differently.
Tom Hodges reminds me of the old Aldridge Ford, dinosaurs. You have people who tell you what a great deal they got, and how it was so easy.
What they forget to mention is typically they know someone. If they see a woman come in, they drool because they assume they have sucker.
Even if you think you got a good deal, by the time you get the paperwork and are out of there you realize you were played.
I can give you a list of places, including Southern Maryland Toyota, that I would rather deal with than Tom Hodges.
Try J&M on Great Mills Road. Joe Gould's shop.

I prefer Tires Plus over Mr. Tire, for everything. They have always been straight up with me. More important, they didn't try to screw with my daughter because she was a girl. Honest with her as well.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Mr. Tire Lex Park ruined a set of rims on my truck when putting on new tires, wouldn't take responsibility for the damage. I go to Curtis now.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Just for the record, my son left Hodge's a while back and returned to Park Ford after only a few months. They offered less hourly, but added more responsibilities/perks that he thought offset the drop in rate. He left on good terms, but I doubt he ever works for Tom Hodges again. I sense something about the place didn't sit right with him. I will say that Tom Hodges took care of him during the worst of covid by paying him for 40 hours regardless. Some weeks they didn't have enough work for one full time mechanic.

He's been turning an average 60+ hours lately with no come backs at Park Ford. :yay:

black dog

Free America
Just for the record, my son left Hodge's a while back and returned to Park Ford after only a few months. They offered less hourly, but added more responsibilities/perks that he thought offset the drop in rate. He left on good terms, but I doubt he ever works for Tom Hodges again. I sense something about the place didn't sit right with him. I will say that Tom Hodges took care of him during the worst of covid by paying him for 40 hours regardless. Some weeks they didn't have enough work for one full time mechanic.

He's been turning an average 60+ hours lately with no come backs at Park Ford. :yay:

What a douche of a guy, to pay an employee for not working... What a ass, Mr Hodge is.
And if a mechanic that applied with me and told me he had no comebacks, he would get the response of me laughing my balls off.. And a really shortened interview... lolololololololol Soon with living on a peninsula he will run out of places to work with that attitude and dear old Dad posting this sillyness online... Reminds me of those that show up for a welding test with no helmet and gloves and a blank look when you tell them to set that machine up to do a butt on those 3/8ths coupons on the bench... Tough machine to use too, a ESAB 250...

BIG PLUG FOR 3 MULES WELDING Dont laugh Gill...

I'll say this about Tom, I spent a few days years back running a irrigation crew doing a install at his home. He was gracious, offered a bathroom to the crew and he brought out snacks and drinks a few times a day. When the job was done and turned over to him, Tom had a check already written when I handed him the invoice. Hes a good man.

With running crews for 9 years, I was in 2-3 homes/ business's a day, 6 days a week for 9 months a year.... I can tell many stories about 100's of businesses and a few thousand homes in the surrounding 6 counties....

Last edited: