MdKay's/Wildewood closing

gemini5715

Just an FYI....the McKays in Wildewood is closing at the end of September. The lease is up and they are not renewing. What merchandise they have on the shelves and in the stock room is all they will have. They are not getting any more trucks in. Also, not all the workers will be transferred to other stores. Some will be, but others will be out of a job. The last day they will let customers into the store will be September 30th and the last day they will be in the store for cleanup and etc.... will be October 28th.

MMM_donuts

That. The number continues to climb..and will continue to climb.

:shrug: There's only one other vacant spot and it's not been vacant for very long, right? All the other places filled in pretty quickly after the previous left.

And that's very unfortunate for your daughter. I hope everything works out for her.

sexy_pants

Just an FYI....the McKays in Wildewood is closing at the end of September. The lease is up and they are not renewing. What merchandise they have on the shelves and in the stock room is all they will have. They are not getting any more trucks in. Also, not all the workers will be transferred to other stores. Some will be, but others will be out of a job. The last day they will let customers into the store will be September 30th and the last day they will be in the store for cleanup and etc.... will be October 28th.

Will they be marking the stuff down??

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I still don't know how they survive at all. Absolutely humongous store in Great Mills, incredible inventory, and I hardly ever see enough people in there to make it worthwhile.
:yeahthat:
I have been there during the day only a couple of times. Not so sure I would feel safe in that area at night.

TGB

I remember reading somewhere that the commercial bubble will be starting soon after the housing bubble. Seems like it is happening. Hope every finds work and fairs well.