Measles epidemic????

GregV814

Well, suddenly the media and medical community is in a tizzy over the measles outbreak. Yeah, there are a few of us that dont believe the inocculations are safe, but the 400 pound gorilla in the room is the fact that thousands of illegal immigrants have never been vaccinated either. Once beaten, this dreaded potentially fatal disease has been resurrected. Thanks Obama....

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Well, suddenly the media and medical community is in a tizzy over the measles outbreak. Yeah, there are a few of us that dont believe the inocculations are safe, but the 400 pound gorilla in the room is the fact that thousands of illegal immigrants have never been vaccinated either. Once beaten, this dreaded potentially fatal disease has been resurrected. Thanks Obama....

I imagine there will be more to come, other diseases we thought were pretty much eradicated.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return

Rush Limpbone already made that point this week. Do you have any original thoughts? Or do you just steal others and pass them off as your own?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
FWIW, I spoke with a woman yesterday who mentioned that her daycare (St. Mary's) has had an outbreak of measles.

frogman123

Ah yes through hundreds of years of medical research, you and "a few" do not believe vaccines are safe. Congratulations on being a hippie idiot. These are preventable diseases. But, like always turn it on Obama? Hahaha oh wow....

Hijinx

Ah yes through hundreds of years of medical research, you and "a few" do not believe vaccines are safe. Congratulations on being a hippie idiot. These are preventable diseases. But, like always turn it on Obama? Hahaha oh wow....

Well when you have the CIA under Obama using the polio vaccine to find Bin laden it is certainly not hard to see why Pakistan loves us.
Measles was under control in the US, so when it wasn't here there wasn't much need for the vaccine, but when people from foreign countries just walk over our borders to reintroduce it, of course the vaccine once again becomes necessary. TB will raise it's ugly had again too. And what other diseases?
Now as for laying that off on Obama ask yourself what he is doing to stop these diseases from walking over?

The answer is pretty simple-------------------Nothing-----------In fact he is encouraging it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Yup. And NO one is pointing out the OBVIOUS; if you were vaccinated in the last, oh, 50 years or so, this is irrelevant. It's what a vaccine is for. So, the people who are getting it who were born and raised here and chose to not be vaccinated, freedom and liberty have consequences and taking your chances over something as unintelligent as refusing MMR for yourself or kids, hey, at least you're free and I am good with that. :patriot:

mitzi

If these people against the vaccines had measles as a child (which I doubt) they may remember how horribly sick they were. Who would take that risk with their own child? I may have been around 6 years old or so when I had it, and I remember. I believe I had it twice, German measles and another kind.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If these people against the vaccines had measles as a child (which I doubt) they may remember how horribly sick they were. Who would take that risk with their own child? I may have been around 6 years old or so when I had it, and I remember. I believe I had it twice, German measles and another kind.

MMR

Measles Mumps and Rubella, IIRC.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Is it a bad thing to hear all sides? Regardless of how idiotic they are.

Yes. It is bad to hear from people who think the science is settled on man made global cool warming changey thing who REJECT the science on vaccinations. It is bad to listen to people who think like that. They have a loose wire.

Chris0nllyn

Yes. It is bad to hear from people who think the science is settled on man made global cool warming changey thing who REJECT the science on vaccinations. It is bad to listen to people who think like that. They have a loose wire.

This is better than listening to only Fox News or only MSNBC?

I'm talking about the Limbaugh comment.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I can only laugh so much before I start to choke.

If you want balance, it's part of the equation. Take them, the more right leaning, mix 'em all up and you'll usually have a reasonable idea of what is going on and, when not, the excuse making and the avoidance and hypocrisy is entertaining.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I imagine there will be more to come, other diseases we thought were pretty much eradicated.

I don't recall measles or mumps being that terrible. Maybe it's just the intervening 40 years has blunted the memory.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Ive never had any of the kid diseases and don't want to get them now. they would probably kill me. So please keep your little red bumpy kids home when they get theirs so as not to spread it thru the Walmart. Its bad enough every flu ridden snot nosed kid is out and about spreading the love around.