Meatless Mondays

mamatutu

mama to two
I do try to make meatless meals, not necessarily on Mondays. My hub loves meat in his spaghetti, but every other time, I leave it out, and go with veggies. Also, once a month, I just have a veg platter with ranch dressing with lots of diff vegs, but I do add cheese, so maybe that doesn't count. Also, I have made tacos without meat...cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, bell peppers...when you add the sour cream and taco sauce, you don't miss the meat. If enough people change something just a little, it would make a huge difference.

Why does everything, including our food, have to be politicized?

Good question... but more importantly I disagree that eating less meat will reduce atmospheric gases because my brother is a strict vegetarian and he is the most flatulent guy I know. :geek:

Good question... but more importantly I disagree that eating less meat will reduce atmospheric gases because my brother is a strict vegetarian and he is the most flatulent guy I know. :geek:

:lol: Makes up for the cow he didn't eat, eh?

I bet his water use is double the normal meat grazer just to keep up with the output.

No lie! And all that toilet paper! Speaking of which... this is the same brother that goes to COSTCO to fill his cart with tofu, fruits and veggies and then ask the cashier... "Do you think this is enough toilet paper for all this food?" true story... :doh: