Medicinal Cannabis in Calvert meeting held last night

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
is that considered a lot or not enough?

hth

researchers have calculated that the average joint has slightly less than a half gram of marijuana. (yes, this is actually something that people with ph.d.s did.) an ounce is slightly more than 28 grams. So one ounce will get you close to 60 joints

Concern4Calvert

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/1015/medicalpotmeetingscheduled.html

A couple of things I took out of the meeting:
- MD is the first state to open medicinal cannabis cultivation, dispensing, and labs to businesses outside MD.
- There will be 15 cultivators, and about 109 dispensaries across the state.
- This group already has property and a building permit ready to go.
- They hope to get their first batch out by July 4, 2016.
- To become a patient, you'll need to input your info online, then get approved by the commission. after that, you'll get a list of doctors you can visit. That doctor will need to write you a prescription for it.
- You can take home a 1 month supply at a time, or 4 ounces.
- The state requires a substantial security system and plan. This company plans to go above and (way) beyond, double fencing, 24/7 CCTV system, armed security, K9s, license plate readers, etc.
- They plan to build a solar array sized 30% bigger than their max load. The check they receive from SMECO each year will go straight to the schools.
- They approached the commissioners about a "small excise tax" that would also go directly to education.
- They'll offer a veterans discount.
- Everything will be lab tested and certified by the ASA (Americans for Safe Access)
- They'll offer oils, flour, tinctures, etc., but the state forbids the sale of edibles. They will offer items to make your own.
- They'll offer a delivery service for patients who aren't able to come to the dispensary.

= i was quite the smoker back in my day.
= i agree that being caught should result in a fine of some type.
= jail time, a criminal history etc is excessive and does nothing but prevent defendants from getting jobs and being successful in life.
= i dont think full-blown legalization is appropriate at this time given the opiate pandemic.. legalization makes the other drugs "not so bad" to youngsters

bilbur

= i was quite the smoker back in my day.
= i agree that being caught should result in a fine of some type.
= jail time, a criminal history etc is excessive and does nothing but prevent defendants from getting jobs and being successful in life.
= i dont think full-blown legalization is appropriate at this time given the opiate pandemic.. legalization makes the other drugs "not so bad" to youngsters

I don't know if it would work the same here but in Colorado they have noticed a sharp decline in people using harder drugs. I think it is due to the kids who think since I am doing one illegal thing its not so bad if I do another are now able to get weed without the harsh consequences. Now that it is legal there the kids are just doing weed. They also don't have to interact with dealers that will sell weed and other harder drugs. By the way when I say kids I really mean young people 18-21 and not 12 year olds.

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
researchers have calculated that the average joint has slightly less than a half gram of marijuana. (yes, this is actually something that people with ph.d.s did.) an ounce is slightly more than 28 grams. So one ounce will get you close to 60 joints

Maybe a pin joint. The joints I roll use a lot more than a gram.

Joints are a thing of the past. The best way to get your THC is through a Volcano vaporizer.

Chris0nllyn

Do you have to have a "terminal" condition in order to get a prescription?

No, as long as the symptoms “reasonably can be expected to be relieved” by the use of Cannabis.

And as long as you have a "bona fide" relationship with the doctor that prescribed you.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The meeting has barely finished and the Calvert cronies already want to tax it. http://www.somdnews.com/recorder/ne...cle_4d6441ae-6f3b-56f5-93d2-9991da77abb8.html
They will do absolutely nothing to contribute to the business, but will happily, at the point of a gun (all taxes are collected by force or coercion), demand their pound of flesh. The first plant has yet to be harvested, the first prescription filled, the first employees paid, and here they are already scheming a way to get their cut. Bastards.

Chris0nllyn

The head of the group that put on this meeting actually went to the Comissioners with this idea.

It was a stupid move, IMO, as with anything govt. related, you give them an inch, and they take a mile. Essentially saying "we'll pay more if the money goes to the schools" is just a way to make your controversial company looks good in the eyes of the community. Over half of the County's budget already goes to schools anyway. Now, they'll get the company's SMECO rebate check and a special excise tax.

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
Do you have to have a "terminal" condition in order to get a prescription?

Not at all. Any kind of pain can be treated with medical cannabis. For example a lot of people use it to treat RSI which is a repetitive motion motion injury similar to Carpel tunnel. It can even be used to treat insomnia.

Stew

Not at all. Any kind of pain can be treated with medical cannabis. For example a lot of people use it to treat RSI which is a repetitive motion motion injury similar to Carpel tunnel. It can even be used to treat insomnia.

Yea but will Maryland law allow "any kind of pain to be treated with medical cannabis"? Some states you have to have a major illness like cancer in order to qualify for a prescription where in others you can get one for headaches.

H

Hodr

Funny... you only need the prescription from ANY doctor to get Oxy, Methadone, and many of the other MORE abused prescription drugs. Why the extra steps for MJ?

Don't forget cocaine for those nose bleeds, and actual meth (both, I assume are quite rarely prescribed).

But in all seriousness, especially for those looking for the veteran discount, remember that if you work for the Fed or have a clearance that Uncle Sam is not OK with MJ regardless of state legality.

bilbur

Yea but will Maryland law allow "any kind of pain to be treated with medical cannabis"? Some states you have to have a major illness like cancer in order to qualify for a prescription where in others you can get one for headaches.

My fear is if you give people an inch they will try and take a mile. There are people that can truly benefit from medical marijuana but there are also those that will flood the system because they have a hangnail, a painful zit, or some other stupid reason. I am a supporter of total legalization even for recreational use but I am worried that people will try and push for this too soon and ruin it for the truly sick people. We need to focus on getting it legalized and readily available to those that are in true need of this beneficial drug now and fight for total legalization later. The fight also needs to go to the federal level so they can recognize marijuana as a medically beneficial drug even if it is only for the treatment or to ease the symptoms of the sickest patients, those that are terminally ill or cancer patients going through chemo. Personally I think if you are terminally ill you should be able to do any drug you want but that is just my opinion.

Chris0nllyn

The law says:

No, as long as the symptoms “reasonably can be expected to be relieved” by the use of Cannabis.

And as long as you have a "bona fide" relationship with the doctor that prescribed you.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Don't forget cocaine for those nose bleeds, and actual meth (both, I assume are quite rarely prescribed).

But in all seriousness, especially for those looking for the veteran discount, remember that if you work for the Fed or have a clearance that Uncle Sam is not OK with MJ regardless of state legality.

I'm neither of these but I didn't even think about that.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/1015/medicalpotmeetingscheduled.html

A couple of things I took out of the meeting:
- MD is the first state to open medicinal cannabis cultivation, dispensing, and labs to businesses outside MD.
- There will be 15 cultivators, and about 109 dispensaries across the state.
- This group already has property and a building permit ready to go.
- They hope to get their first batch out by July 4, 2016.
- To become a patient, you'll need to input your info online, then get approved by the commission. after that, you'll get a list of doctors you can visit. That doctor will need to write you a prescription for it.
- You can take home a 1 month supply at a time, or 4 ounces.
- The state requires a substantial security system and plan. This company plans to go above and (way) beyond, double fencing, 24/7 CCTV system, armed security, K9s, license plate readers, etc.
- They plan to build a solar array sized 30% bigger than their max load. The check they receive from SMECO each year will go straight to the schools.- They approached the commissioners about a "small excise tax" that would also go directly to education.- They'll offer a veterans discount.
- Everything will be lab tested and certified by the ASA (Americans for Safe Access)
- They'll offer oils, flour, tinctures, etc., but the state forbids the sale of edibles. They will offer items to make your own.
- They'll offer a delivery service for patients who aren't able to come to the dispensary.

Why do I get the feeling that if education sees a dime of this money, it won't be the amount promised to them?