MegaMillions $1.6 billion

glhs837

Power with Control
I could get a new left front tire for my truck.

I put a plug in it. :ohwell:

Ah, friend, do I have a tire for you...... the lowlow price of 10K, with another 5K to mount and balance. And of course you would be wanting the argon gas fill with that, since nitrogen is for the plebes......

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ah, friend, do I have a tire for you...... the lowlow price of 10K, with another 5K to mount and balance. And of course you would be wanting the argon gas fill with that, since nitrogen is for the plebes......

Say..that adds up to 15k. Koinkydink?....

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
You win. Now spend it.

After Uncle Sam gets his cut, let's say you're left with $500 million - still a hefty chunk of change.

What would you do with it?

First, I would buy Thing1 a place for him to live AND that it was 100% staffed (at more than minimum wage, for staffpeople who truly love working with him) for the rest of his life. DDA and other gov't funding would not be necessary any longer.

Then, I would also want a condo type of (no maintenance!) place in our fav places, and for all of our family to use, as well, AND like you , to fund a life of travel for Foxhound and I.

The advocate in me would always want to help out others, so I would establish a way to do that - I like your Secret Santa idea. No publicity is wanted, but I might be interested in creating some kind of foundation that would earn enough interest to be self-sustaining to help others.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
You win. Now spend it.

After Uncle Sam gets his cut, let's say you're left with $500 million - still a hefty chunk of change.

I'd get a condo in all the places we love - PCB, Gatlinburg, St. Augustine, Bastrop, Cody, Rapid City, Lincoln. Then I have a place to live when I visit and friends/family can use them too.

I'd figure out what we want to do with the motorhome - stick with Class A, go with a 5th wheel - then get something perfect for us. We enjoy campground living and would still roam.

I'd be a "Secret Santa". Find needy families and help them out. Help out enterprising young people to get their dreams started. Help out seniors who are having a tough time. No publicity because that's not fun. No "charities" because I'm more about direct help and not funding some bigwig's outrageous salary.

I cant think of anything else I want. I'm a cheapskate by nature, so fancy cars and homes and yachts don't appeal to me. I'd probably still shop at Goodwill and be excited by $2 shirts. I just want stuff that facilitates my wandering gypsy and makes other people happy.

What would you do with it?

Good question, since I went to 3 stores before I was able to buy any tonight. BJ's machine was down, Wawa stopped accepting cash, so I finally wound up at Sheetz. :lol:

Probably my big splurge would be my dream car: a fully restored '65 Mustang convertible in candy apple red. :cool: Probably take care of my immediate family then just figure out what to do with the rest. I don't need a lot in life to be happy and would probably invest some for the future, travel to my heart's content, and give the rest to some favorite charities.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Yesterday morning, Foxhound texted me & said "By the way I bought lottery tickets. If we win we are changing our lifestyles".

:lmao:

I never bought any, and I heard on the news this am that someone in SC won one of lotteries? Not sure about the others, but he got chances on that one, too. I guess we'll see! :getdown:

SamSpade

"Honey! I won the lottery! Pack your bags!"

"Wonderful! Where to? Paris? Rome?"

"I don't care - just *get out*".

SamSpade

A Classic! :yay:

I was at a buddy's house in the 90's, when he told me that joke - we were both in tears.

His wife shouted downstairs "heard that -- you know you're sleeping down there tonight, right?"

Quietly, to me - "awesome! I'll watch ESPN all night!".