Merry Christmas to me

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I did break down and get a new phone 18 months ago but I continue to drive my 26, 22 and 14 yr old vehicles.
I looked at new trucks a year into the pandemic. Just could not justify the cost, if you could even find what you wanted. Put a couple thou into the current ride, 9 y/o 100k, we'll see how far it goes.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Hell, since Covid shifted me to working remotely, I've barely put 15k miles total on these cars over the past 3 years.
Yeah. My mileage for the first 9 months after it started was near zip.

The last two years the Telework dried up.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Hell, since Covid shifted me to working remotely, I've barely put 15k miles total on these cars over the past 3 years.
Yeah. My mileage for the first 9 months after it started was near zip.

The last two years the Telework dried up.
Now that I'm not traveling x-country all of the time, there are entire weeks the truck doesn't leave the garage. A "long" ride now is to the Rt 4 transfer station and back.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
235, 700R4, 4 door 92 hp, sagging springs.....

should have kept it

59, 283 powerglide.... should have kept it

my mother - in law, 85, has dementia..... thinks she's 27........ NO!!

View attachment 174122
Love the '59! I had one for about a year and had to part with it to make a house payment. Now they're both long gone. I wish I could've kept it. My buddy claims Richard Rawlings bought it anonymously, lowered it, and slapped some 22s on it for resale.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Love the '59! I had one for about a year and had to part with it to make a house payment. Now they're both long gone. I wish I could've kept it. My buddy claims Richard Rawlings bought it anonymously, lowered it, and slapped some 22s on it for resale.
That would be cool if he did. One of my friends and his brother went to his garage, unannounced, unvetted and said Richard was super nice. They were shocked he was there and he even posed in pictures with them.

What was funny was when he posted the pictures on his FB, I flipped but so few knew who he was. I think he was surprised I was such a fan of that show. Of course, when he returned to town, I got the full play-by-play story.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Texting, Bluetooth to the truck stereo, and very few apps. Rarely do I use the phone feature. We run Life360 and Google maps for GPS.

From time to time I have to connect to a Minn Kota for diagnostics.

Streaming movies would probably melt the CPU. 😆

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_5054.jpeg

Pete

Repete
I looked at new trucks a year into the pandemic. Just could not justify the cost, if you could even find what you wanted. Put a couple thou into the current ride, 9 y/o 100k, we'll see how far it goes.
Market Adjustment

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
some may not know there are NO spare tires on a new one....

My last new car had a plywood floor, and a battery box under the gas tank...and an electric starter!!!! That Model A was a snap cracker by Golly!!
Big step up from your old Model T, eh?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I did break down and get a new phone 18 months ago but I continue to drive my 26, 22 and 14 yr old vehicles.
My daily driver Toyota pickup is 32 years old. My other driver, my Bronco, is 45 years old. My Harley dresser is the newest vehicle I own...and its 22 years old.

My missus, in stark contrast, is sporting around in a brand new F-150 Black Widow. :sshrug:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Everything I own and drive could sport historic tags and I'm quite happy with them all. Newer vehicles require too many sophisticated machines to be maintained by backyard mechanics. Of course, my OBDII scanner has helped me narrow down a few issues that aren't obvious to naked eye. I don't begrudge anyone driving newer cars/trucks, but when I find something that does the job, I'll nurse it until it's beyond my ability to diagnose/repair anymore.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
My newest Christmas gift to myself was a new tablet. I am coming from a Galaxy Tab 2 :blushing:
that has finally taken its last breath and ended up getting a Leonova P12.

I read, play a few games, nothing heavy but this little sucker is so much faster than what I had, for sure. :lol:

It will take me some time to get it set up to my liking.

I love new toys.