Metrocast?

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Any word on when they'll get services up and running? Seriously debating the wisdom of having all communications bundled with one company that falls victim to power outages like the rest of us.

kerriellen

I only have metrocast for the cable modem, but it was back up yesterday evening. I live in Greenbrier. Hope your's is back soon.

We are still down. I see trees across the lines all along the way between us and Hollywood. I'm glad I didn't bundle my landline into my cable service as I had intended to do very soon. I will no longer consider the bundle.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Cable providers are indeed power dependant. Their repeaters and head end facilities have limited battery backup but usually no generator power. For cable internet, the routers and switches require power as well. If you are out of service now, it will likely be several days from this point.

christy217

I hear ya, I live in Ben Oaks in Mechanicsville. Luckly I have power and water, however, I don't have cable/internet/phone because of the bundle issue as well.

Talked with them several times, they've told me that the main issue now is the residual areas that are still without power, and that the importance now is getting residential services up and running first, vice commercial, once the latter has occurred we will have the services restored, or so they say.

Just my 1 cent, I don't think I stated enough to make a 2 cents contribution!

:)

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Back up this afternoon. I'm in Ben Oaks as well. Wasn't a big issue considering the folks with no power still. Was nice to have the family disconnect for a bit, actually.

rcopenhaver

I live off Buck Hewitt and we're still out. I'm bundled too and use my house phone for my business, so I'm waiting impatiently.

christy217

Back up this afternoon. I'm in Ben Oaks as well. Wasn't a big issue considering the folks with no power still. Was nice to have the family disconnect for a bit, actually.

I agree with you, if being a few days without power, etc., is the only issue I suffered through this storm, then I have nothing to worry about, considering some of the damage friends/family have experienced. I feel bad for the people that have been really affected by this storm.

A lot of nice folks in Ben Oaks, we were lucky enough to have 5-6 neighbors show up with chainsaws to help us clear our driveway when we had 4 trees blocking it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have AT&T G3 on my iPad and laptop and so far I'm unimpressed with them. The signal is really low - I have to sit outside in order to even get two bars.

Come on Metrocast! :letsgoletsgoletsgoletsgo: