microchips

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Originally posted by vraiblonde
The difference is that your dog will always be a dependent - the kid will grow up at some point and not be real interested in being tracked 24/7. Plus that, your dog is about 1000 times more likely to run off.

I'm glad you think of your dogs life as being more valuable than your children.

What if your son, Doug, were MIA? Would you like the ability to locate his whereabouts or continue to have him be a POW?

I'm not saying I would track my daughter on a 24/7 basis. If she were missing for an extended amount of time, I would then call the proper authorities and hopefully they would find her before she were seriously hurt.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Even though my vote is to kill, kill, kill I don't see what the huge deal with micro chipping a kid is either. I mean I wouldn't really care if I had one in me. I don't have anything to hide so I don't care who knows where I'm at. But in dogs it's a chip that's placed under the skin. I'm sure if need be it could be easily removed. So upon adulthood couldn't they be removed?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Originally posted by pixiegirl
So upon adulthood couldn't they be removed?
As an adult, you should have the option of it's removal. If Laci Peterson had one, maybe she'd still be alive today. And that goes for the hundreds of thousands of children and adults that end up missing each year.

Pete

Repete
The question here is "does this mean active or passive tracking" or tracking at all. The chip in a dog or cat is not actively tracked. There is no "Dog control center" in Boise Idaho that has a big giant screen with little blips on the screen. It is a passive chip that can be scanned to get info that is embedded on the chip. If they put that type of chip in a baby, whats it going to prevent? If the child is kidnapped you still would not be able to run down to the Batcave turn on the Bat computer and see the location on the big Bat map.
Active tracking would required a transmitter and a power source so it is not feasable.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Chasey_Lane
What if your son, Doug, were MIA? Would you like the ability to locate his whereabouts or continue to have him be a POW?
That's retarded. I'm not going to monitor my adult son's whereabouts. Would you put a chip in your head so your Mom could monitor you?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Originally posted by vraiblonde
That's retarded. I'm not going to monitor my adult son's whereabouts. Would you put a chip in your head so your Mom could monitor you?
Yep, I most certainly would. I talk to my Mom everyday. If 2 or 3 days went by and she hadn't heard from me, she could start questioning my whereabouts. I care about my life and would do anything to protect it.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Pete
The question here is "does this mean active or passive tracking" or tracking at all. The chip in a dog or cat is not actively tracked. There is no "Dog control center" in Boise Idaho that has a big giant screen with little blips on the screen. It is a passive chip that can be scanned to get info that is embedded on the chip. If they put that type of chip in a baby, whats it going to prevent? If the child is kidnapped you still would not be able to run down to the Batcave turn on the Bat computer and see the location on the big Bat map.
Active tracking would required a transmitter and a power source so it is not feasable.

You're right there. There's no way to actively track a dog chip. They get scanned. But it's not impossible to think that there will be technology available to actively track a chip small enough that it wouldn't be too large to actually implant. That's all hypothetical and all. But isn't this entire thread hypothetical. If that kind of technology were available it wouldn't bother me at all if they started chiping kids. I do think however before we start invading our childrens bodys we should start punishing criminals. And I mean really punishing them not this pidly crap we call punishment now.

Make people responsible for their actions and then maybe these things won't happen as often. But on that note there are always first time offenders who kidnap and assult kids for their first crime. If the kids were able to be tracked chances are we'd be able to get back almost all of the kids. Does anyone have any statistics on the percentage of kids abducted by strangers that are found alive? I bet this would increase that number.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by Pete
The question here is "does this mean active or passive tracking" or tracking at all. The chip in a dog or cat is not actively tracked. There is no "Dog control center" in Boise Idaho that has a big giant screen with little blips on the screen.

I compare it to the anti-car jack systems, you phone the police or who ever is the company that you got it from and they activate the chip to find out where your stolen car is:shrug:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by pixiegirl
I do think however before we start invading our childrens bodys we should start punishing criminals. And I mean really punishing them not this pidly crap we call punishment now.

Make people responsible for their actions and then maybe these things won't happen as often.

I agree with you but then we'll pay the criminals 2.5 million dollars for their pain and suffering. It's a no win situation anymore. Very scary!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by tys_mommy
I agree with you but then we'll pay the criminals 2.5 million dollars for their pain and suffering. It's a no win situation anymore. Very scary!

That's why we start killing them. As soon as they're found guilty off with their heads. Can't sue if you're dead. :biggrin:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by kwillia
OnStar can unlock my truck or give me a computer diagnostic of my motor no matter where I happen to be at the time... I'm sure they would have a way of tracking somebody via chip... :bubble:
Your onstar is powered by a big old car battery. You gonna hook one of them up to your kid and have them drag it around? :bubble:

K

Kizzy

Next thing you know, couples will want to chip his/her mate. :yikes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not a kidnapper, but if I were I'd just cut the chip out of the kid when I snatched him. Or do something to muffle the signal.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by IM4Change
Next thing you know, couples will want to chip his/her mate. :yikes:
:yeahthat: and if they implanted it in the heel of a foot you would get a better signal if their feet were pointing toward the sky. :yikes:

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by tys_mommy
What do you think about this idea????

A more heinous and insidious idea I have yet to hear in my short 30ish years on this earth.

I hate to invoke the 1984 cliche, and I hate the word Orwellian, but that's nothing else springs readily to mind, except "horrifying".

Besides, it wouldn't take much to make the chips remote detonate.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Toxick
Besides, it wouldn't take much to make the chips remote detonate.
icon3.gif
Hey now! Let me rethink my position!