Migrains

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Anyone get them? I don't, I'm just wondering about beginning symptoms. Early warning signs.

I get them, but thankfully not frequently. Sometimes they will start as a normal headache that progresses throughout the day. Some I've had no warning at all, and my vision has gone completely blurred/wavy and I have the most horrrendous pain. All I can do is take some Nyquil and sleep it off.

Some people get nauseous from the pain.

Last edited:

CrystalClear

yea, clear as mud
migraines

I've had migraines all of my life..when I was a teenager it was chalked up to I didn't want to go to school.
Finally diagnosed about 15-20 years ago and I have Sumatriptan. I get bouts usually when the weather changes or I get super tired. It starts with a Kaleidscope in one eye and spreads so I can't see. If I take my pills immediately, it will go away.
Drs say stay away from red wine, and chocolate, (I know right?, I see that happening!).
Actually I consider myself lucky that I do get a warning..some people it just hits with blinding pain. Still vague, no exact causes or syptoms..everyone is different.
Go to your Dr. They can diagnose if you are having migraines...or not

J

jp2854

For me the early signs were a headache that got worse as the day went on. by mid day the lights were bothering me then by lunchtime i was throwing up and by the time i got home from work i was so bad i went to bed. The next am I woke with the same migraine and called the doctors office and they called me in something mild for migraines and that did the trick within 4hrs of taking it i was almost back to normal and by the time my mom got home from work i was able to function again and the next day I returned. When I start to get the slightest headache now I automatically take me some extra strength tylenol and it usually does the trick within 1hr of taking it.

Jameo

What?!
I get them, but thankfully not frequently. Sometimes they will start as a normal headache that progresses throughout the day. Some I've had no warning at all, and my vision has gone completely blurred/wavy and I have the most horrrendous pain. All I can do is take some Nyquil and sleep it off.

Some people get nauseous from the pain.

Mine are about the same. Some times slowly creeping on. Other times, WHAM! Migraine :dead: I've had them so bad before they have made me :barf: No fun at all! If I catch them early usually a few Excedrin Migraine with help but if it's a bad one, nothing helps (well nothing otc) Even the slight little bit of light or sounds hurts. Even the stupid ceiling fan is painful. Migraines suck!

I've had migraines all of my life..when I was a teenager it was chalked up to I didn't want to go to school.
Finally diagnosed about 15-20 years ago and I have Sumatriptan. I get bouts usually when the weather changes or I get super tired. It starts with a Kaleidscope in one eye and spreads so I can't see. If I take my pills immediately, it will go away.
Drs say stay away from red wine, and chocolate, (I know right?, I see that happening!).
Actually I consider myself lucky that I do get a warning..some people it just hits with blinding pain. Still vague, no exact causes or syptoms..everyone is different.
Go to your Dr. They can diagnose if you are having migraines...or not

Mine are about the same. Some times slowly creeping on. Other times, WHAM! Migraine :dead: I've had them so bad before they have made me :barf: No fun at all! If I catch them early usually a few Excedrin Migraine with help but if it's a bad one, nothing helps (well nothing otc) Even the slight little bit of light or sounds hurts. Even the stupid ceiling fan is painful. Migraines suck!

Not me, I just came across some of BSGals pills, but turns out they are RX.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I have had them since I was a pre-teen. I have headaches often, but migraines are getting less frequent as I get older. Weirdly enough..I don't really get any kind of visual aura..but nearly every time I am about to get one..i will think..or often say.."my head is killing me" before the pain begins. Like my body knows what I haven't figured out yet..a doozy is on the way. I actually had one migraine *triggered by an antibiotic, those create the worst* that I actually had fleeting thoughts of killing myself. It was truely that bad..moving, sound, light, temp, everything made it worse. ugh. terrible things.

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
I have had a few. I talked to the Dr and she told me any headache with nausea, dizziness, and light or sound sensitivity are migrains; some are just worse then others. People that get warnings learn them over time as they are different for all people. Sometimes they are food related as well, I have found keeping a balance of carbs and protien has helped me with them, but sure hasn't helped my waistline. :whistle:

Anyone get them? I don't, I'm just wondering about beginning symptoms. Early warning signs.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Mine tend to show up around seasonal weather changes and when I'm under lots of stress, but sometimes appear out of the blue. I get the little throbbing headache, then a shooting stabbing pain behind my eyes, then followed by little halo /spots in my eyes, then I'm sick to my stomach, and then I am praying for death. I suffer from sensitivity to sounds (including random electronic humming that you never notice otherwise), motion (of myself or even others around me or even a fan), even touch (blankets, a handshake, etc). I have tried a variety of OTC meds, which don't work, and a variety of prescription meds, which lessen the effect, but don't completely relieve the symptoms. I've discovered the best thing I can do is puke, take some meds and go to bed and try to sleep it away.

dachsom

I have what are called complicated migraines. You get that tag when your migraine causes a stroke, which happened when I was 39. Scans will not show a bleed in your brain like a normal stroke will. What happens is for some reason, your vessels in the brain clamp down for a short time, cutting off blood flow temporarily, then they open up causing a migraine. Because of this I can no longer use Imitrex or any of the other drugs like it. My warning signs of an oncoming migraine are light and sound sensitivity. My main triggers are insomnia and really bright lights.

punjabigyrl

symptoms vary from person to person. You can start of with a slight head ache, a numbing feeling in the back of the head where the migraine ususally is, you can get ocular migraines(see falshes of light and temporarily lose vision in one or both eyes and/or floaters) and nausea.

ciwmj

I used to have migraines,with all of the common symptoms, until about 10 years ago ,when I started to take two aleve tablets in the morning to keep the pain from a ruptured dics down. I have not had a headache of any type since. I don't know why, but I sure am grateful .:yahoo:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
The only time I've ever had migrains is when I was going through my divorce. Lucky for me it was usually at night when everything would hit. The smallest amount of light made it 10x"s worse.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Not me, I just came across some of BSGals pills, but turns out they are RX.

DON'T FLUSH THEM! Medications should be placed in a paper bag and disposed in the garbage. Don't take 'em home. You could end up in trouble with the law.