Military stories no one would ever believe

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
As a female sailor (retired for 20 years now) this story and your attitude make me sad. Most women I knew in the military were no better or worse than their civilian counterparts. I was stationed with one girl who was sleeping her way "up the chain" - having short little affairs with men of progressively higher rank (pretty blond who was up to Navy Captain by the time I PCS'd), but by the same token, there was a woman (blond) at my first job as a civilian doing pretty much the same thing in the company I worked for.....there are skanks everywhere.

I saw a lot of what I will call sexual politics. During my time women were about 12% of the force so they were clearly in the minority. Some gals it didn't take them long to figure out how to get a better assignment or do less work because they could bat an eyelash. I saw less of this behavior in the civilian world due to the fact that the male to female ratio was more or less even.

acommondisaster

I guess because of my career field both in and out of the Navy, I've always been in what is typically a mostly male work center. 12% female would be high. I don't see more or less of the "sexual politics" as a civilian. I will continue to defend my fellow female service members because I think the characterization of women in the military is unfair and blown out of proportion. You hear about the bad apples, but many, many more women serve admirably and hornorably.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
As a female sailor (retired for 20 years now) this story and your attitude make me sad. Most women I knew in the military were no better or worse than their civilian counterparts. I was stationed with one girl who was sleeping her way "up the chain" - having short little affairs with men of progressively higher rank (pretty blond who was up to Navy Captain by the time I PCS'd), but by the same token, there was a woman (blond) at my first job as a civilian doing pretty much the same thing in the company I worked for.....there are skanks everywhere. I guess by your way of thinking, all blonds are skanks sleeping their way to the top. Your son should avoid blonds.

I could have slept my way to the top? Damnit..