Millions more vets to be able to shop at exchanges online

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The original intent of the VA was to care for the wounded veterans, or service connected injuries and disabilities of veterans..

Now ANY veteran can apply for VA healthcare, and generally get it (unless you make too much money)..

So now it's not service based, or service connected but income based.

I've been retired for 16 years now, and other than my separation physical have never stepped in a VA.. hope to God I never have to.

Wish more wouldn't so our veterans that need care could get it.

I took a pal, a vet, to the one in Winchester. I'd LOVE to be able to go there. That place kicks ass.

black dog

Free America
I took a pal, a vet, to the one in Winchester. I'd LOVE to be able to go there. That place kicks ass.

I have taken a Great Uncle a few times to Memphis VA and a friend many times to the Marion,Indiana VA and both places I though were awesome.
And I will also say I have never met a Vet that made a effort to go to any VA hospital have extended wait times for any services.
I'm certainly not saying it doesn't happen, I have just never seen or met another Vet that had that problem.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I have taken a Great Uncle a few times to Memphis VA and a friend many times to the Marion,Indiana VA and both places I though were awesome.
And I will also say I have never met a Vet that made a effort to go to any VA hospital have extended wait times for any services.
I'm certainly not saying it doesn't happen, I have just never seen or met another Vet that had that problem.

Deitrick is pretty bad. They need more staff. They sent us to Winchester. My pal said Baltimore really isn't all that bad and has ALL the services.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

I went to the one in Manchester looked like a nursing home and a detox cell in the waiting room. Place was filthy.. Equipment covered with 'stuff' from past patients, and yes Nursing.Homes and Senior Care would turf their patients that were vets to the VA.. Wifes grandfather was there for hospice care, terminal cancer. His room mates took care of him as the staff didn't.

It was sad, depressing.. And plain gross

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I went to the one in Manchester looked like a nursing home and a detox cell in the waiting room. Place was filthy.. Equipment covered with 'stuff' from past patients, and yes Nursing.Homes and Senior Care would turf their patients that were vets to the VA.. Wifes grandfather was there for hospice care, terminal cancer. His room mates took care of him as the staff didn't.

It was sad, depressing.. And plain gross

Yeah, another buddy of mine, his dad was in a VA place like that. His last month or so. Hated going on that visit. But that was over 25 years ago.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Even while active duty (22yrs) I found better deals off base. Now retired, I only go to the base for haircuts. Has to be last ditch effort for BX/NEX's to compete and revenue. I'm surprised they still keep them open on bases where box stores, like Walmart are close by. Instead I see Andrews is expanding its BX again.

It really depends what you're buying. Say a computer @ 700 bucks - the same as on the outside. The savings come from the no sales tax. I go to Macdill about every two months or so just because. I usually don't buy anything significant unless they have a good sale on for something I am looking for. The real savings is in the tax free status. But that is on site. Don't really know about the online orders.

If they are going to allow it for these 14 million, then they should allow it for every honorably discharged member, regardless of discharge date.