More fake news from the Washington Post

SamSpade

Um...you do realize that the incorrect twitter post was on the reporters INDIVIDUAL site...NOT on the Washington Post site? You know that right?

You know, my brother almost lost his job over political remarks he made on *Facebook*. His *own* site. He's a professor of history. Apparently one of his students didn't care for what he wrote, and decided to get him in trouble. My brother has since deleted his Facebook account and he told me last night he doesn't intend to return.

In certain jobs, it does matter what you do or say if it is online but not in an official capacity. That's life.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Let's not kid ourselves here, you denigrate because your identity is hidden behind a keyboard.

So what you're saying is she might believe she's part of the Marvel Comic crew? But really . . . .

Trans MPD.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The popularity of conservative talk radio led to attempts to imitate its success with progressive talk radio in the mid-2000s, led by the launch of Air America Radio. Air America did not have the success that conservative talk had, due in part to weaker stations talent that was inexperienced with the radio medium and a political message that was not well received by the public. Air America ceased operations in 2010. As of 2016, conservative syndicated talk shows far outnumber their progressive counterparts; while usually only one progressive talk channel can be found in most markets (with Westwood One the predominant syndicator), at least two and often three conservative talk stations (one local, the rest mostly syndicated) can be found.

you would have thought Progressives would have been lined up, cheering, driving the ratings of AA through the roof .....

NOPE ... a couple infusions of cash to keep them on the air as long as the did

but Stewart Smally aka Franken and MadCow just couldn't pull the numbers required

SamSpade

Fair point. Just used to the opposite when a new "name" pops up for first time in a political post. Conditioned response. :)

You can tell pretty quickly thought when the "newbie" knows a little too much about
what has been discussed in the past and makes generalizations about people on the forum they "just met".

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... then why does the media not tap into the 50% that voted for our comander in chief? Seems like it would be a very large base of people that are being ignored.

because 'we' are deplorable

people who would vote for a
racist [wants to build a wall],
sexual harasser [ grab em by the pussy]

are NOT Worth of their time, only their derision and disdain

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You can tell pretty quickly thought when the "newbie" knows a little too much about
what has been discussed in the past and makes generalizations about people on the forum they "just met".

See, and I know how many people lurk without posting - for years - and then suddenly they have something to say. I personally know people who've been lurking but never posted, or even registered an account, and they know more about what's going on in here than I do. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Some, like Transporter or Starman, for example, make no attempt to hide that either. Just go back to "posting as normal" until they get smacked by the ban hammer again. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

MiddleGround

because 'we' are deplorable

people who would vote for a
racist [wants to build a wall],
sexual harasser [ grab em by the pussy]

are NOT Worth of their time, only their derision and disdain

Maybe, but if conservatives are apparently the "one's with all the money hiding it like evil trolls from the great liberals" then why doesn't media try to capitalize on that? Why the overwhelming representation from liberal progressives on the main media outlets and practically ZERO for conservative matters? We all know that cash is king so, why isn't there a grab for those conservative mega-bucks that Liberals think they have?

That is a question that I am looking for proper opinions on. Not he said, she said replies.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe, but if conservatives are apparently the "one's with all the money hiding it like evil trolls from the great liberals" then why doesn't media try to capitalize on that? Why the overwhelming representation from liberal progressives on the main media outlets and practically ZERO for conservative matters? We all know that cash is king so, why isn't there a grab for those conservative mega-bucks that Liberals think they have?

That is a question that I am looking for proper opinions on. Not he said, she said replies.

One could also ask why, if children's and family oriented movies are the biggest box office winners, does Hollywood not make more of them instead of the adult fare that doesn't make as much money for them?

The answer is, because adult movies are what they *want* to make.

So to your question of why media panders to the Left, the answer is "because they want to".

They say ratings, and therefore revenue, but intellectually we know that can't be true. Think about who sits down in the evening to watch the news or the political analysts at night. Who reads the NYT and WashPo? Who gives a damn about Time's Person of the Year? Who cares what Chelsea Handler and Jimmy Kimmel have to say about anything? Answer: not the average person of either political ideology. But the media care very much about each other, and that is reflected in their "reporting" - they are constantly reporting what each other reported. CNN: "Washington Post reports that..." NBC: "Politico reports that...." Then there are the Fox pundits: "Look at what this leftwing crazy person reported/tweeted/wrote about..." Constantly.

I was going somewhere with this, but the phone rang and I got distracted. You get the gist.

MiddleGround

One could also ask why, if children's and family oriented movies are the biggest box office winners, does Hollywood not make more of them instead of the adult fare that doesn't make as much money for them?

The answer is, because adult movies are what they *want* to make.

You are partially correct. YES, they WANT to make them.

They want to make them because they want to cater to different audiences to make the most money they can from the various movie going groups out there. They realize that there are groups with different tastes and likes so, they put out materials that take advantage of that in order to generate the most revenue. They know that if they offer nothing but family movies that they will miss out on a large portion of the money that movie go-ers want to spend.

Not so much with MSM. They are currently catering , in overwhelming favor, to the Liberal Progressive view. They know there is a massive audience out there that wants to drink the Conservative Kool Aid too but, they do not offer the punch bowl to them.

Why?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
We all know that cash is king so, why isn't there a grab for those conservative mega-bucks that Liberals think they have?

isn't that the whole 'corp are evil' argument from progressives

Koch Bro - Support Conservative Causes = Evil Wilderness Paving Rascals, supporting Racism, Misogyny, Patriarchy ... etc
Soros / Buffet - also mega billionaires or control billions in funds = OUR Great Buddies - because the give money to progressive causes

it is not so much the MONEY that is evil, but who or what is earning it and more importantly who they give it to
MODERN Purchasing Indulgences

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Not so much with MSM. They are currently catering , in overwhelming favor, to the Liberal Progressive view. They know there is a massive audience out there that wants to drink the Conservative Kool Aid too but, they do not offer the punch bowl to them.

Why?

as I said already - 'The Media' [News, Cable, Hollywood] are Progressives PERIOD

as I said if you oppose the Progressive Agenda, you are too selfish or Stupid ....

You Hate

and thus are NOT Worthy of their time or having a conversation with ......

If You Opposed Affirmative Action you were labeled a Racist
If You Opposed Gay Marriage YOU HATE Gays / Lesbians
If You Opposed Global Climate Warming Change

'the MSM' could care less about Conservatives [see above].... the are Hard Core Progressives pushing the Progressive Agenda anything else is a LIE From the Right

MiddleGround

as I said already - 'The Media' [News, Cable, Hollywood] are Progressives PERIOD

I'm not trying to push one narrative or the other but, try not to let your blind hatred for Liberals cloud your critical thinking.

"The Media" as you call it.... is a money making venture. You can argue all you want about the nefarious plot behind it but, in the end it is a money making venture. So, why doesn't it want the Conservative dollar?

You tell me. I presented my own theory, but I'd like to hear (read?) what you think.

I honestly do not know why. That is generally the reason why someone asks a question. To get others opinions on issues that are unknown to them in order to form an opinion of their own based on responses and what they themselves have heard and seen.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I honestly do not know why. That is generally the reason why someone asks a question. To get others opinions on issues that are unknown to them in order to form an opinion of their own based on responses and what they themselves have heard and seen.

But shirley you have your own opinions. You observed that the news and entertainment media doesn't appear to want conservative eyeballs, and they are content leaving that money on the table. That precludes them from being a true money making venture.

Niche marketing is just that - a company targets a small but specific group of people who are most likely to consume their product and doesn't bother marketing to increase their base. MSNBC is already a thing, and a big thing in its tiny niche market, so why are CNN/ABC/NBC/etc trying to siphon off that audience rather than broadening their coverage to try and take a bite out of lone wolf Fox?

My answer is because that's the ideology the network brass wants to push, and the talking heads are right on board with it.

If you have an alternate theory, I'm interested in hearing it.

gemma_rae

Liberalism: Telling you what's best for you no matter how much you protest. Why? Because we're better than you, and not knowing that proves your inferiority.