More tin badge thuggery.

MarieB

Of course not.

What was his purpose? Because he can? That's real smort :nerd: Next time I want to be detained I'll just "exercise my rights".

What did he accomplish?
Here, I'll help you with this one.... NOTHING! (except being delayed)

Maybe the officer will think twice next time he gets a little Po'd, and hopefully he won't teach any young recruits that it's an ok way to deal with a situation. Obviously several of them thought it was ok. Might as well break the cycle now

PsyOps

Pixelated
So you have no answer....ok.

You enjoy your detainments and searches (although I don't see you acting like an ass to a cop) and I'll enjoy my journey free of detainment.

Thanks again for fighting the good fight! :buddies:

Because I shouldn’t have to justify exercising/using what is rightfully mine. I own a guitar. I just decided to play it. Not for any particular reason other than I just enjoyed it. I didn’t gain anything from it; no money, no audience to tell me how good or bad I was, nothing… I just enjoyed it.

I should not have to worry (fear) freely driving down the road, doing nothing wrong, minding my own business, driving respectfully and responsibly to be pulled over simply because our authorities believe someone MIGHT be on the roads driving drunk.

You asked what this guy gained by exercising his rights? What did the cops gain by going through all that effort questioning, searching, and violating his rights for someone that did nothing wrong when driving?

But you’re right, if I got stopped at a checkpoint I wouldn’t do what this guy did. I have no desire to not cooperate with our LE, even if they are wrong. I know well enough there are cops with bad intentions that can trap you into a bad situation in order to haul you in. I have far too much to lose. I’d rather voice my concerns in places like this forum and through my vote to try to get people into power that recognize our rights and put a stop to these unnecessary checkpoints; and find better ways to catch impaired and dangerous drivers.