mosque controversy skips pentagon

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Mr Short-Bus.

Come back, James. I'm still waiting.

Exactly what do you mean mentioning justice when referring to the World Trade Center site or 9/11/2001?

Well I do not know what you are waiting on, and you could try referring to what I actually said since you posted it twice without referring to my words.

I said "justice" as in regard to the Mosque and to Allah the God of justice, and that is some thing to praise.

And I do not see how the Mosque has any association at all with the World Trade Center site or with the events of 9/11/2001.

:shortbus:

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Mr Short-Bus.

I know if I was a cop or office worker in lower Manhattan, I would NOT want to hear this five times a day. And if I was visiting the Twin Towers memorial, I wouldn't want this screeching over the loudspeaker during times of contemplation. Nobody it talking about the noise pollution this atrocity will bring.

I watched that video and it is referencing Mecca and not downtown Manhattan, and they already have a Mosque in the area as this is just a new modernized facility, and it is common for buildings to play music outside as that is done all across the USA and probably throughout the world, and they may not make the prayer call out on the streets as Manhattan is not Mecca.

But did you see the beautiful pictures and messages on that video? the young boy looking at the camera as he prays beside his father, and it quotes the words as "God the gracious and God the merciful" so the words are wholesome and uplifting.

It is to be expected that such a place would at least try to inspire the surrounding community with its best aspects so I like the music.

thunderclapp

JP's Favorite Heckler
Well I do not know what you are waiting on, and you could try referring to what I actually said since you posted it twice without referring to my words.

I said "justice" as in regard to the Mosque and to Allah the God of justice, and that is some thing to praise.

And I do not see how the Mosque has any association at all with the World Trade Center site or with the events of 9/11/2001.

I thought you might be saying that what happened on 9/11/01 was justice. It wasn't really very clear.

thunderclapp

JP's Favorite Heckler
And I do not see how the Mosque has any association at all with the World Trade Center site or with the events of 9/11/2001.:shortbus:

Because is being named the Cordoba House, referring to the Muslim practice of building a Mosque over a site that they have conquered. It's is a blatant gloating insult to our country.

Nucklesack

Because is being named the Cordoba House, referring to the Muslim practice of building a Mosque over a site that they have conquered.

Eh? Starman under another name? Was this only a Muslim practice?

The Cordoba Mosque (in Spain) was a Roman Catholic Church (Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption) taht was converted to a Mosque after the Moores conquered portions of Spain.

In exactly the same way Christianity converted Mosques and Temples to Christian places of worship.

It was then converted back to a Roman Church after the Spanish reconquered the area.

Put the bigotry aside, especially since Muslims (who were not terrorists) also died at the Towers. More likely the New York Mosque symbolizes what Cordoba Spain represents today; An area of importance to both Christians and Muslims.

Now some Muslims could bastardize the meaning but that wouldnt be any different than the Christians who do the same thing.

Muslim Vicitims of 9/11

• Samad Afridi
  • Ashraf Ahmad
  • Shabbir Ahmad (45 years old; Windows on the World; leaves wife and 3 children)
  • Umar Ahmad
  • Azam Ahsan
  • Ahmed Ali
  • Tariq Amanullah (40 years old; Fiduciary Trust Co.; ICNA website team member; leaves wife and 2 children)
  • Touri Bolourchi (69 years old; United Airlines #175; a retired nurse from Tehran)
  • Salauddin Ahmad Chaudhury
  • Abdul K. Chowdhury (30 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
  • Mohammad S. Chowdhury (39 years old; Windows on the World; leaves wife and child born 2 days after the attack)
  • Jamal Legesse Desantis
  • Ramzi Attallah Douani (35 years old; Marsh & McLennan)
  • SaleemUllah Farooqi
  • Syed Fatha (54 years old; Pitney Bowes)
  • Osman Gani
  • Mohammad Hamdani (50 years old)
  • Salman Hamdani (NYPD Cadet)
  • Aisha Harris (21 years old; General Telecom)
  • Shakila Hoque (Marsh & McLennan)
  • Nabid Hossain
  • Shahzad Hussain
  • Talat Hussain
  • Mohammad Shah Jahan (Marsh & McLennan)
  • Yasmeen Jamal
  • Mohammed Jawarta (MAS security)
  • Arslan Khan Khakwani
  • Asim Khan
  • Ataullah Khan
  • Ayub Khan
  • Qasim Ali Khan
  • Sarah Khan (32 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
  • Taimour Khan (29 years old; Karr Futures)
  • Yasmeen Khan
  • Zahida Khan
  • Badruddin Lakhani
  • Omar Malick
  • Nurul Hoque Miah (36 years old)
  • Mubarak Mohammad (23 years old)
  • Boyie Mohammed (Carr Futures)
  • Raza Mujtaba
  • Omar Namoos
  • Mujeb Qazi
  • Tarranum Rahim
  • Ehtesham U. Raja (28 years old)
  • Ameenia Rasool (33 years old)
  • Naveed Rehman
  • Yusuf Saad
  • Rahma Salie & unborn child (28 years old; American Airlines #11; wife of Michael Theodoridis; 7 months pregnant)
  • Shoman Samad
  • Asad Samir
  • Khalid Shahid (25 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald; engaged to be married in November)
  • Mohammed Shajahan (44 years old; Marsh & McLennan)
  • Naseema Simjee (Franklin Resources Inc.'s Fiduciary Trust)
  • Jamil Swaati
  • Sanober Syed
  • Robert Elias Talhami (40 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
  • Michael Theodoridis (32 years old; American Airlines #11; husband of Rahma Salie)
  • W. Wahid

thunderclapp

JP's Favorite Heckler
Eh? Starman under another name? Was this only a Muslim practice?

The Cordoba Mosque (in Spain) was a Roman Catholic Church (Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption) taht was converted to a Mosque after the Moores conquered portions of Spain.

In exactly the same way Christianity converted Mosques and Temples to Christian places of worship.

It was then converted back to a Roman Church after the Spanish reconquered the area.

Put the bigotry aside, especially since Muslims (who were not terrorists) also died at the Towers. More likely the New York Mosque symbolizes what Cordoba Spain represents today; An area of importance to both Christians and Muslims.

Now some Muslims could bastardize the meaning but that wouldnt be any different than the Christians who do the same thing.

Yes, I knew all of that. I am not opposed to the Mosque, just don't know why if it is such a sensitive issue, they can't use a different name that wouldn't offend anyone. If it is to bring people together and get us to move on together like they are maintaining, then why can't they consider changing the name?

Nucklesack

Yes, I knew all of that. I am not opposed to the Mosque, just don't know why if it is such a sensitive issue, they can't use a different name that wouldn't offend anyone. If it is to bring people together and get us to move on together like they are maintaining, then why can't they consider changing the name?

Why shouldnt they consider using a name that is synonymous with a site that has importance to both Christians and Muslims.

Same as 9/11

thunderclapp

JP's Favorite Heckler
Why shouldnt they consider using a name that is synonymous with a site that has importance to both Christians and Muslims.

Same as 9/11
I see the difference in that people of many religions and atheists were all collateral damage as far as the terrorists were concerned just as Muslims are killed in Iraq from suicide bombings. The attack was against America as OBL's jihad. So in my opinion, it is not a Christian/Muslim issue (I'm not religious by the way) it is a Islam/America issue. Not to say all muslims, but Islam was behind the attack for OBL and the terrorists who took over the airplanes and flew them into the WTC towers.

punjabigyrl

I know if I was a cop or office worker in lower Manhattan, I would NOT want to hear this five times a day. And if I was visiting the Twin Towers memorial, I wouldn't want this screeching over the loudspeaker during times of contemplation. Nobody it talking about the noise pollution this atrocity will bring.

You live in Southern MD. So my question to you is do you hear that in Prince frederick, or the mosques in Laplata and Waldorf or Lexington park?????? In predominantly muslim countries YES....

bcp

In My Opinion
I say we kill all but the cute female muslims.
that will teach them. Run out of those virgins pretty quick with my plan.

once they realize they have a better chance of getting laid on earth than they do in their heaven, they will calm down and be nicer.

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi

Cops and office workers/times of contemplation, WTF is that? :killingme

This is one of numerous articles on the intertubes which debunk your premise but keep on stirring the pot. It gives you something to do besides "contemplating" the mysteries of male genitalia!

"Just to review, Park51 is a planned community center complex intended to serve the public needs of lower Manhattan. There is a mosque planned as part of the complex, which is located two blocks north of the site of the 9-11 attacks. The complex will include a swimming pool, an auditorium, art exhibition space, retail shops, and many other amenities and facilities that would be open to use by everyone, muslim and non-muslim alike, in the same manner as a YMCA or other community resource. The mosque aspect is just one portion of the plan, and would not be a towering structure with minarets and loudspeakers playing azaan, but would simply be dedicated prayer space for muslim observances, akin to a chapel in a hospital. That mosque is a critical element of the plan, as there is a severe shortage of prayer space in lower Manhattan. The developer of the project, Sharif el Gamal (SoHo Properties), has even publicly pledged to have non-muslims included on the board of directors."

Full article here.

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
I say we kill all but the cute female muslims.
that will teach them. Run out of those virgins pretty quick with my plan.
once they realize they have a better chance of getting laid on earth than they do in their heaven, they will calm down and be nicer.

Better yet, we keep them to replenish America's virgins, an asset which became seriously depleted during the Bush administration.

Nucklesack

I see the difference in that people of many religions and atheists were all collateral damage as far as the terrorists were concerned just as Muslims are killed in Iraq from suicide bombings. The attack was against America as OBL's jihad. So in my opinion, it is not a Christian/Muslim issue (I'm not religious by the way) it is a Islam/America issue. Not to say all muslims, but Islam was behind the attack for OBL and the terrorists who took over the airplanes and flew them into the WTC towers.

Was Islam behind the attack, or were fanatics who happen to follow Islam behind it?

Be carefull of your answer, you have the potential to rip many religions because of the actions of their Fanatical Followers.

thunderclapp

JP's Favorite Heckler
Was Islam behind the attack, or were fanatics who happen to follow Islam behind it?

Be carefull of your answer, you have the potential to rip many religions because of the actions of their Fanatical Followers.

Well, since ISLAM is not a person I'd have to say no. But Islam (in the minds of the terrorists and followers of OBL) says they get a reward in paradise for dying in the name of Islam. It's not like these are a small unique band of terrorists. Like those who were filmed celebrating and dancing in the streets after the attack, there is a large amount of muslims who follow that reasoning against our country.

You're trying to nitpick something that I wasn't saying or implying. This is typical political correctness attempt at censorship. If I were to take every single instance of where I might be wrong in voicing my opinion, I would not be able to say anything. Neither would you. So who are you to tell me to be careful of my answer? Do I have to be worried about whether you approve of my opinion or take on the issue? I'm open minded and will listen to others about any issue.

But "Be careful of the answer"? Who the F do you think you are?

Nucklesack

Well, since ISLAM is not a person I'd have to say no. But Islam (in the minds of the terrorists and followers of OBL) says they get a reward in paradise for dying in the name of Islam. It's not like these are a small unique band of terrorists. Like those who were filmed celebrating and dancing in the streets after the attack, there is a large amount of muslims who follow that reasoning against our country.
So your in favor of the Mosque, since the Iman of it is on record for not only Condemning the 9/11 attack, he has (many times) condemn the Fanatical Terrorist attacks of muslims before and after 9/11.

• When the Christian Hutu's, including Priests, Nuns and Pastors, in Rwanda killed 800,000 people (Mainly Tustsi's) was that a reflection of the Christian Faith?
    • Or was it Fanatics, who bastardized a belief, the cause?
  • When Christian Serbs, as well as many Christian Terrorists who came to fight for God, committed the Genocide of Muslim Bosnians, was that a Reflection of the Christian Faith?
    • Or was it Fanatics, who bastardized a belief, the cause?
  • Is the National Liberation Front of Tripura out of India, classified as one of the 10 most active terrorist organizations, forceably converts people to Christianity or Death, a reflection of Christianity?
    • Or are they Fanatics, who bastardize a belief?
  • When the Uganda Rebels, who claim they are fighting for Christs Holy Spirit, engaged in rebellion against the Uganda Government, are they a reflection of Christianity?
    • Or are they Fanatitics, who bastardize a belief?
  • Was Eric Robert Rudolph, a member of the Christian Identity (Same as Timothy Mcveigh) bombed the Georgia Olympics, because he wa in "the war to end this holocaust" (abortion), a reflection on Christianity?
    • Or a Fanatitic who bastardized a beleif?
  • When the KKK, abortion bombers, Westboro Baptists, Historical Revisionists (onhere) spout their Idiocy, is that a reflection of the Christian Faith?
    • Or is it Fanatics, who bastardize a belief?
You're trying to nitpick something that I wasn't saying or implying. This is typical political correctness attempt at censorship. If I were to take every single instance of where I might be wrong in voicing my opinion, I would not be able to say anything. Neither would you. So who are you to tell me to be careful of my answer? Do I have to be worried about whether you approve of my opinion or take on the issue? I'm open minded and will listen to others about any issue.
No i am having a discussion with you, and holding you to what you wrote.

No your right your argument was they shouldnt use Cordoba, because its signifies a sight that is important to both Christians and Muslims.

Especially since the area is an important sight, to both Christians and Muslims, who lost their lives and loves ones during the 9/11 attack.

thunderclapp

JP's Favorite Heckler
Good for you!

Unfortunately your outraged bretheren are not satisfied, and are now upset because they changed the name.

I am sorry that we didn't seem to understand which way the both of us were going with this. Sometimes my thoughts come so fast it looks like I am contradicting myself. Although I write better than I speak because I can slow my thoughts down, I often still give the wrong impression. And it is worse because on forums, you can't hear voice inflections and emoticons are basically stupid.

You oughtta see how much trouble I get in with my wife for saying the right thing the wrong way.

thunderclapp

JP's Favorite Heckler
Good for you!

Unfortunately your outraged bretheren are not satisfied, and are now upset because they changed the name.

I truthfully don't think I have any "brethren" though. I have pretty much been a non-conformist all of my life and consider myself one who thinks for himself. I think the links you gave were very informative. I did not know all of that and I thank you for the info. There is so much info available that it is overwhelming and most of the time you only see what you are "meant to see".

Wikipedia is the most true, accurate and informative source of information in the entire world, right? :whistle: