Mother Coming to Town

rigirl

Kom526, I understand that Occoquan is not unique to Southern MD, but when Sadysue said she was planning to go to Williamsburg, I thought I would mention another nice place to visit that's not too far away.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
rigirl said:
Kom526, I understand that Occoquan is not unique to Southern MD, but when Sadysue said she was planning to go to Williamsburg, I thought I would mention another nice place to visit that's not too far away.
How far away is Occoquan? Looks like it would be neat little place to go for a day of shopping.

rigirl

If you're familiar with Potomac Mills, it's about 2 exits North, right off of 95. You have to time you're trip just right because you don't want to be stuck in 95 rush hour traffic.

Sadysue

MMDad said:
Rosies on 246 always has good eats. Plenty of crunch.

YUCK!! I don't get out much, but I know all about that place. :lmao:

I want to take them local places to eat crabs, ( NOT Rosie's) and seafood. They also like steaks and Italian. I'm looking for places with "Southern Maryland Ambiance." Nothing generic.

I take it I should stay away from the Annapolis harbor?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Sadysue said:
YUCK!! I don't get out much, but I know all about that place. :lmao:

I want to take them local places to eat crabs, ( NOT Rosie's) and seafood. They also like steaks and Italian. I'm looking for places with "Southern Maryland Ambiance." Nothing generic.

Crabs/seafood:
Drift Inn
Sandgates
Evans is reopening
:shrug:

L

ladylara

i think one of the best crab places around is in annapolis!

www.cantlers.com -- but go early! they start getting a hefty waitlist after noon on the weekends.

:yay:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
Sadysue said:

I love the Annapolis Harbor. If you're taking them there, there is a French restaurant on Main Street that is to die for called Cafe Normandie. Save room for dessert, though, and walk back down to the waterfront to a little place near the end (next to Phillips) called Aroma d'Italia for the best Gelato on the East Coast.

In DC on 7th street there is a Spanish tapas restaurant called Jaleo. It's excellent, and within walking distance of all the major attractions.

For Leonardtown I'd recommend either Cafe de Artistes or Nook & Monks. Both have great food, and are distinctly non-chain type restaurants.

Solomons, unfortunately, is a bit harder these days. Personally I think DiGiovannis is awful, but a lot of folks around here seem to like it well enough. The Lighthouse Inn is gone, so that's out, and really the only thing left is Stoneys. I've always felt Stoneys was overrated, and for my money would much rather drive over to Clarke's Landing (on the water in Hollywood) for the best crab cake sandwich in Southern Maryland.