Motorcycle Accident on 231 today?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
kom526 said:
The Gold Mine used to open @ 6 or 7 I believe. Stores are allowed alcohol sales after 7 am also (I think). I'm just answering the post, not defending impaired (or allegedly impaired in this case) drivers.

:yeahthat: A few years back, I had a friend :otter: who didn't think ahead, and didn't fill his cooler the night before an all day fishing trip. Capt Sam's refused to sell to him before 0600.

belvak

Happy Camper
:huggy: Thanks guys for the Kudos. I'll pass them along to her. You know, not that it is in any way a funny thing, but all I could think about when she was telling me was how she is about 5'1" and 100 lbs and here she is trying to keep this (as she put it) "big" drunk guy still and calm till help got there. Then I got a vision of her trying to lift the bike off of him. Have to say it did give me a bit of a mental chuckle thinking of what that picture would look like. :lmao:

bohman

PrchJrkr said:
7-11 :shrug:

Habib gots plunny o' Mickey 40s or OE 800s. Down one of those nasty bassturds and I'll bet within minutes, you'll fail the on the meter.

I remember commuting on the red line early in the morning, seeing construction workers coming off a night shift get on the train with a Bud pounder.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
rocketman said:
I agree! I have been riding for 37 years and it's stupid to drink and ride~ period!
and yet you can't find a poker run around here that isn't bar to bar to bar :ohwell:

aps45819 said:
and yet you can't find a poker run around here that isn't bar to bar to bar :ohwell:

Bingo. That's why I stopped attending the local meetings of one group down here. It was ride to the drinks, and find another reason to drink. One smart person tried to create a run which did not include the bars, and he was relieved from the task.

onebdzee

off the shelf
aps45819 said:

A friend of mine has done a couple this year that didn't go from bar to bar....one went from ice cream shop to ice cream shop....he said that he gained 10 pounds on that one :lol:

oh....I do poker runs from bar to bar....but, I only drink water :biggrin:

Foxhound

Finishing last
Okay, lemee say first that anyone who knows me knows I don't drink. I do defend the right for others to drink it is your choice.

Second there are many circumstances for being drunk at 9:30 am. One of wich is you haven't gone to bed yet. If he was on vacation, doesn't have a regular job, many reasons.

Third there is NO reason for riding/driving drunk.

Fourth there is NO reason for riding/driving drunk.

I hope the rider had no serious injuries, I hope he wasn't in fact drunk. If he was I do hope he is dealt with in a judicious and fair manner. That doesn't mean I hope he gets off. It is quite possible that the person is in need of both physical and emotional help.

I commend your daughter for being a good citizen and stopping to assist a fellow human being in need. :yay:

Foxhound

Finishing last
onebdzee said:
A friend of mine has done a couple this year that didn't go from bar to bar....one went from ice cream shop to ice cream shop....he said that he gained 10 pounds on that one :lol:

oh....I do poker runs from bar to bar....but, I only drink water :biggrin:

(in my best homer voice)
Ice cream... :drool:

The SCRC local chapter is a group that calls themselves a eating group with a riding problem.

GWguy, you should check us out sometime. We do a meet and eat almost every thursday night. A ride to a restaurant followed by a ride for...

you guesses it. Ice Cream!!!!

Foxhound said:
(in my best homer voice)

The SCRC local chapter is a group that calls themselves a eating group with a riding problem.

GWguy, you should check us out sometime. We do a meet and eat almost every thursday night. A ride to a restaurant followed by a ride for...

Sounds good! Just what I need... Ice Cream!! :lmao: APS has mentioned your group a few times....

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Foxhound said:
(in my best homer voice)

Do you have a website??

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
GWguy said:
Sounds good! Just what I need... Ice Cream!! :lmao: APS has mentioned your group a few times....
We've got a fairly active group of about 15 members and 35 on the roster. Usually have at least a dozen show up for scheduled rides. While my personal preference is about 4-5 bikes on a ride with folks that consider the speed limits as a suggested speed, it's probably healthier for me with the larger groups staying close to the posted limits.:lol:

aps45819 said:
We've got a fairly active group of about 15 members and 35 on the roster. Usually have at least a dozen show up for scheduled rides. While my personal preference is about 4-5 bikes on a ride with folks that consider the speed limits as a suggested speed, it's probably healthier for me with the larger groups staying close to the posted limits.:lol:

I kinda prefer small groups or riding alone myself. Something about the "pack mentality" ... :lmao:

I was sorely tempted to join you guys tomorrow. Something morbidly interesting about looking for an arm.... But, I had another appointment.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
GWguy said:
I kinda prefer small groups or riding alone myself. Something about the "pack mentality" ... :lmao:

I was sorely tempted to join you guys tomorrow. Something morbidly interesting about looking for an arm.... But, I had another appointment.
We always have a pre-ride briefing where hand signals, route, what's expected, etc are discussed. Large groups are usually divided up and if possible we have CBs on the bikes in the front and rear of the groups. If somebody gets crazy, I don't have a problem with asking them to ride with somebody else.