Moving to SOMD

jtwhop

I live in Hollywood. I am originally from here but just moved back. i love it. we have to younger children and its wonderful. its a 10 min drive to lex. park, leonardtown, and a 15 min drive to solomons island yet its quite and country. it lets you have peace and a nice area and yet still allows you to have 3 "busy" areas within a reasonable drive. mechanicsville, california, and hollywood are great if both of you will be working in lex. park. good luck and i hope you find something. its actually not that much more expensive like some have said and the ones that are is normally near the water.

RLO

Hi Kay
I wouldn't move anyplace where my kids would be in the GreatMills High School, School district. All the children of the drunks and crack heads go to those schools. You also may have a very hard time finding a house in the 150 to 200 K range. House prices are crazy around St. Mary's.
Calvert County has the best schools and is just over the bridge but the price of a house is even more expensive in that area. Every area seems to have its share of bad neighborhoods. If you want a personal contact to talk to in St. marys send me a private e-mail rlowen@gmpexpress.net I'll help you with what ever questions you may have. it will be good for you to know some one in the area anyway. I've lived hear for 38 years. I'm almost a SMIB. :)

Robin

mAlice

professional daydreamer
RLO said:
Hi Kay
I wouldn't move anyplace where my kids would be in the GreatMills High School, School district. All the children of the drunks and crack heads go to those schools. You also may have a very hard time finding a house in the 150 to 200 K range. House prices are crazy around St. Mary's.
Calvert County has the best schools and is just over the bridge but the price of a house is even more expensive in that area. Every area seems to have its share of bad neighborhoods. If you want a personal contact to talk to in St. marys send me a private e-mail rlowen@gmpexpress.net I'll help you with what ever questions you may have. it will be good for you to know some one in the area anyway. I've lived hear for 38 years. I'm almost a SNOB. :)

Robin

:FIXED:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
RLO said:
Hi Kay
Calvert County has the best schools and is just over the bridge but the price of a house is even more expensive in that area. Every area seems to have its share of bad neighborhoods. If you want a personal contact to talk to in St. marys send me a private e-mail rlowen@gmpexpress.net I'll help you with what ever questions you may have. it will be good for you to know some one in the area anyway. I've lived hear for 38 years. I'm almost a SMIB. :)

Robin
dumb and dumber........ here's your sign. to share your email on line :duh:

enjoy what you'll be receiving!!!!!!!!!!

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
RLO said:
Hi Kay
I wouldn't move anyplace where my kids would be in the GreatMills High School, School district. All the children of the drunks and crack heads go to those schools.
You are a liar. I'm the child of a drunk crackhead and I went to Leonardtown. S T F U because you don't know wth you're talking about.
RLO said:
If you want a personal contact to talk to in St. marys send me a private e-mail rlowen@gmpexpress.net I'm almost a SMIB. :)

Robin
Wow. That's got to be the dumbest thing you could've pulled.

ShaunaNJoe

I'm hungry....
Mechanicsville

mrs potts said:
I would vote for Mechanicsville!  The drive to DC or to Lexington Park isn't too bad!  You can find a mixture of old and new homes!  Good Luck!

:yeahthat: ....not as much to do as far as shopping and restaurants, but drive 15 minutes and then there will be some. Lots more Amish too. :cheers: and bars!

B

Bruzilla

I lived in Lexington Park and moved because the schools there are horrible. We moved north to Mechanicsville and the schools were much, much, better! I can't say that all of the drug activity in the county is in LP, but I can say that its most visible aspects are there. Mechanicsville also puts you about even distances between work in Lexington Park and shopping in Waldorf. Having to drive 90 miles round trip to go to a mall was a bit much when we lived in LP.

Country Lakes is nice, but you've got to do some driving to get anything as there are no stores that are very near. Not a problem for some, but I would never want to make a 20-mile trip to get a hamburger. I lived in the Golden Beach area, and I was five miles from everything I could want.

Traffic is bad in Lexington Park proper, but once you get past Wildwood to the north, or south of the base, it gets much better. Calvert County is nice but you do have to deal with bridge traffic, which goes from bad to hideous if there's an accident on RT 4.

When I moved out of the area last year there was still a big shortage of rental property in the area, and I don't know if that's still the case... probably is though. The short supply of rentals makes getting a short-term rental difficult, but there are extended stay hotels and some short-term apartments in LP. Since kids aren't an issue at this point my suggestion would be to start at the Extended Stay America, which is all of a mile from the base gate, and use that as a base of operations until you find some short-term housing. But if you're going to have kids I would definately suggest looking at the northern part (mechanicsville) of the county for a permanent home.

ShaunaNJoe

I'm hungry....
crabcake said:
The druggies and bums don't give a damn who's takin' care of their yards in their neighborhood; they just care about their wimmens out on the boulevard and that gubbment check comin' on the first to pay for dem bebes. :yay:

:lol: :lmao: :killingme

itsbob

I bowl overhand
RLO said:
Hi Kay

Robin
I thought someone had said Robin was in Jail still.. I guess she got out!!!