Mr. Tire

DEEKAYPEE8569

Unfortunately so far the one in the park is the only one who has managed to get the alignment right on my truck.

For tires I like Curtis, they will try and get as close to an internet price if they can. This was one of the shop I tried to get my truck aligned, after 30 minutes on the phone trying to explain what was done, they said it was impossible to align my truck because upper control arms were on the wrong side.

Shops have always done this and always will. I will not go back to Waldorf VW for any service, they tried to feed me the biggest load of BS any shop has. Mr. Tire in Leonardtown has tried several times to sell my younger brother new brakes, even only a few months after he replaced them.
.....so they could charge a sky-high price for the brakes and/or the labor. That's when I tell them, 'No thanks, I've already got a brand new set; I'll change them myself.'

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Hate to burst your bubble but Mr Cheseldine has nothing to do with Mr Tire. He owns his own shop and would always take responsibility if one of his employees does something wrong. Get your story straight and come back.

Thank you. I was also going to point that out.

BigRox

I went to Tires Plus over by BJs in California last summer for new tires. Sitting in the waiting room, the young man called me out to the car and showed me the tread measurements and told me that I DIDN'T need new tires yet. He recommended I come back in late fall so I could have fresh tires for the winter. That was my second excellent experience with them. They will keep my business.

Grumpy

My son (a new driver) had a tire that was low. He filled it up and went to Mr. Tire in Charlotte Hall. They told him all his tires were bad and he needed 4 new tires. My son trusted them and paid over 500 dollars for new tires. The problem I have with this event is I just put new tires on the vehicle not 10 months ago. They essentially lied to him to get an inexperienced person to buy something they did not need. Has anybody else had a similar experience with Mr. Tire??

I suggest you call Mr Tire and talk to Jason about this. I've never had a problem with them, it doesn't sound like the folks I have dealt with there.

GopherM

Darwin was right
I think like most chain stores your experience will vary from store to store. I have been having our cars serviced at the Mr. Tire in Leonardtown for years and have never had them try to up-sell me on anything. When Gophette has taken her car in they always treat her with respect and have never tried to talk her into service or products that weren't needed. When I have thought there was a serious issue with one of my cars, they have talked me down from the ledge and offered much cheaper solutions or even determined that there was no problem that tightening a bold wouldn't take care of. I don't have any experience with the other Mr. Tires in the area but the one in L'town is great.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I've taken my car to Mr Tire in Prince Frederick and they have never tried to sell me anything but tires. We now go to Southern Tire in Lexington Park but only because it's close to my husband's work and he can drop off the car and pick it up later in the day.

Smith

I've been taking my vehicles to the Mr. Tire in Prince Frederick for tires for over 25 years and have never had them up-sell me anything either. There were a few times they recommended an alignment, but only when it was actually needed. I've taken at least 4 cars there for MD state inspection in the last 10 years, and they all passed with no issues found. Like any retail chain, there will always be some locations to avoid. Over the years I have purchased tires from other places (Southern, Granados, Tire Rack, and a few service station that are no longer in business), but I still consider Mr. Tire (in P.F.) my first choice.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
.....so they could charge a sky-high price for the brakes and/or the labor. That's when I tell them, 'No thanks, I've already got a brand new set; I'll change them myself.'

They stopped offering me advice a long time ago. Going back to VW, my wife said something about the maintenance icon blinking, the guy at the counter said "oh, you are due for the 40k mile maintenance", and he starts writing up what was needed. I told him I had just done everything, but had forgot to reset the light. He looks at me, and says well did you use the right oil, what about spark plugs etc. After I told him that is used VW 505.01 compliant oil, and the NGK recommended spark plugs as well as the MANN filter cartridge, his mood completely changed. The call back to come get it for the recall work and another issue was hilarious. Long story short, the sunroof switch was acting funky, they blamed it on the alternator.

officeguy

They stopped offering me advice a long time ago. Going back to VW, my wife said something about the maintenance icon blinking, the guy at the counter said "oh, you are due for the 40k mile maintenance", and he starts writing up what was needed. I told him I had just done everything, but had forgot to reset the light. He looks at me, and says well did you use the right oil, what about spark plugs etc. After I told him that is used VW 505.01 compliant oil, and the NGK recommended spark plugs as well as the MANN filter cartridge, his mood completely changed. The call back to come get it for the recall work and another issue was hilarious. Long story short, the sunroof switch was acting funky, they blamed it on the alternator.

Was that the idiot shop in Waldorf ?

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I've had 2 wheels damaged while new tires being put on at Charlotte Hall Mr. Tire and they didn't even own up to it. I always do a walk around and inspect peoples work after the fact. At first they didn't want to admit it then they asked what would I like to make up for it... A few years later I priced out "in stock" tires, purchased them, made appointment online with them. I show up and I get the bait and switch for $350 more dollars. Oh, those tires are no longer made and out of stock... I walked out, they actually followed me out trying to make deal. I still took my business elsewhere. I love how they claim they checked my alignment and it’s out of whack. I tell them I didn’t ask you to check my alignment!

I’m glad I can fix almost anything myself.

I've taken my car to Mr Tire in Prince Frederick and they have never tried to sell me anything but tires. We now go to Southern Tire in Lexington Park but only because it's close to my husband's work and he can drop off the car and pick it up later in the day.

I had been going to Southern too for a few years, but last trip they ruined my rims and wouldn't make good on it. I switched to Curtis for tire issues, but since the truck is brand new, it's covered at the dealer for the next few years.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Was that the idiot shop in Waldorf ?

Waldorf VW, unless its a recall I will fix it myself or haul it over the bridge.

I've had 2 wheels damaged while new tires being put on at Charlotte Hall Mr. Tire and they didn't even own up to it. I always do a walk around and inspect peoples work after the fact. At first they didn't want to admit it then they asked what would I like to make up for it... A few years later I priced out "in stock" tires, purchased them, made appointment online with them. I show up and I get the bait and switch for $350 more dollars. Oh, those tires are no longer made and out of stock... I walked out, they actually followed me out trying to make deal. I still took my business elsewhere. I love how they claim they checked my alignment and it’s out of whack. I tell them I didn’t ask you to check my alignment!

I’m glad I can fix almost anything myself.

I stopped going to Walmart for any tire service after they gave me a BS story about why they could not use a torque wrench and breaker bar to remove my wheel. Told them I have wheel adapters and I do not need some jackass breaking a lug stud in them.

Also had a Mr. Tire put tires on I did not request, asked for some cheap ones for my old beater truck, they put Goodyear's on it by accident. They ate the cost difference. About $130 a tire.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Stopped using Mr. Tire for anything, always tried to upsell the kid (female spawn).
Switched to Tires Plus and Cheseldine. Chlid also likes Agape or did like Agape. But Mr. Tire is off our list.

Goldenhawk

For tire replacements I have used Southern Tire and Auto in downtown LP for years. I have always had good personal,friendly, and quality service. The manager (owner?) recognizes and greets me when I go in, and their prices are always fair for tire and alignment work.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I went to the Mr. Tire in Waldorf once and waited patiently for my free rotation after them saying oh no ... the free rotation is only at the Mr. Tire you bought them from. I said no they said ANY Mr. Tire. I wasn't being rude or anything. They left me sitting there for more than an hour and I saw them taking care of people who came in after me. So eventually I left having received no tire rotation. Anything that ACTUALLY takes place after the sale is a bonus I guess?

Taz

I also want to put in a good word for Curtis Tire. When I lifted my last Jeep, they installed the lift kit and the big shocks and gave me a price I could not beat on tires and rims. Dave and his guys there really do a good job and stand behind their work!

surfer1

Had a save engine light on. Advised to get new catalytic converter then oxygen senser. Over $3000 later still had light on. It has been 9 years and the light is still on. I would never trust them for honest service.

mamatutu

mama to two
Our mechanic lives in our neighborhood with his shop on his property. We have used him for 12 years. One time we had an alternator go out when he was on vacay. We used Mr. Tire on Rt. 4 (Calvert). Got gouged. Never again. Do not recommend.