MVA (Loveville) Help/Question

Just went thru this with my dad. Due to an 'incident', he was required to go thru simulator testing and mandatory road and written tests. Not easy for a 90 y/o. On the day of the road test it was raining, so I had to remind him to manually turn on the headlights.

The normal road test is a piece of cake compared to my dad's. He had to drive from the DMV office to his home and back again, a total of 22 miles on rain-slicked twisty hilly roads, real-world driving.

I was fully expecting to be jumped on and derided for my 90 y/o dad still driving, and me helping him. Thank you for being courteous. He's actually a very good driver, better than many of the idiots I see driving around here daily.

libby

If the MVA has such a rigid appointment policy, I fail to understand why we waited until 2:45 for my daughter's 1 o'clock appointment. One guy...ONE guy was out there taking kids on the route in early November, and it was ridiculous. The licensed, adult driver has to stay in the car with the unlicensed driver while waiting and waiting and waiting in the line. The car isn't even running and Mom can't even run in to go to the bathroom. Once my daughter was done (she did pass) and we went inside, a grandfather was watching a 7 week old baby who was wailing and inconsolable because she was hungry and mom was stuck in the car outside. They had been waiting well over an hour by the time I saw them (nevermind that the mom should never have left the house with a kid that age without formula and a diaper). Anyway, back to the original point, if the appt. policy is so rigid, there shouldn't be such lengthy waiting.

BernieP

Resident PIA
If the MVA has such a rigid appointment policy, I fail to understand why we waited until 2:45 for my daughter's 1 o'clock appointment. One guy...ONE guy was out there taking kids on the route in early November, and it was ridiculous. The licensed, adult driver has to stay in the car with the unlicensed driver while waiting and waiting and waiting in the line. The car isn't even running and Mom can't even run in to go to the bathroom. Once my daughter was done (she did pass) and we went inside, a grandfather was watching a 7 week old baby who was wailing and inconsolable because she was hungry and mom was stuck in the car outside. They had been waiting well over an hour by the time I saw them (nevermind that the mom should never have left the house with a kid that age without formula and a diaper). Anyway, back to the original point, if the appt. policy is so rigid, there shouldn't be such lengthy waiting.

they don't wait on you, but it doesn't say you don't wait on them