My blind boxer girl

luvmygdaughters

Kd, so sorry about your girl. I always enjoy the pics you post of your boxers. I wish you and your 4 legged family members the best. Please keep us posted on her condition and progress.

Last edited:

Roman

Thinking of you and the pup today. Good luck, and fingers crossed that you get some good news.

KDENISE977

OKAY... this was NOT what I was expecting. You know you prepare yourself for the worst, right? Well... heres what we learned. Molly has lesions on the back of her eye that are causing inflammation and dilating her pupils....WHAT? yeah, I know. What's causing it is now what we need to learn so we're treating her for multiple causes just to get her vision back. could be a parasite or it could be something her body is doing itself. We have steroids to treat the inflammation and doxycycline to treat a possible parasite. More tests are out to the labs to see if it's a parasite causing these lesions or something else. 2 week supply of steroids is what the vet thinks should restore her vision because they tested everything else to make sure her retinas aren't degenerating. In my opinion, this is good news, we don't have a definite answer to the cause, but we're treating it !!

:yay: THANKS FOR ALL THE WELL WISHES AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS !!!!!!!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
OKAY... this was NOT what I was expecting. You know you prepare yourself for the worst, right? Well... heres what we learned. Molly has lesions on the back of her eye that are causing inflammation and dilating her pupils....WHAT? yeah, I know. What's causing it is now what we need to learn so we're treating her for multiple causes just to get her vision back. could be a parasite or it could be something her body is doing itself. We have steroids to treat the inflammation and doxycycline to treat a possible parasite. More tests are out to the labs to see if it's a parasite causing these lesions or something else. 2 week supply of steroids is what the vet thinks should restore her vision because they tested everything else to make sure her retinas aren't degenerating. In my opinion, this is good news, we don't have a definite answer to the cause, but we're treating it !!

:yay: THANKS FOR ALL THE WELL WISHES AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS !!!!!!!

That's good news. I hope this all ends well, and her vision is restored.

luvmygdaughters

That sounds like a good prognosis. Hopefully the medications will work against parasite or whatever it is causing this. Will send good thoughts and prayers your way.

Roman

Good news. Did the Doctor say anything about possible Uveitis? I know that I probably spelled that wrong, but one of my girls had that. Did you see Dr. White? Fingers are still crossed.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Wow! This sounds positive! Not that she has this issue, of course, but that it might not be permanent or as bad as you thought. Fingers crossed that there will be better news ahead! :huggy:

KDENISE977

:huggy:thanks everyone. This past week was just a nightmare and it seems likened have some serious reasons for hope. :bann: couldn't be happier

Dakota

~~~~~~~
:huggy:thanks everyone. This past week was just a nightmare and it seems likened have some serious reasons for hope. :bann: couldn't be happier

Really keeping my fingers crossed for you and your girlie. Hopefully she'll be so much better for those warmer, outside days ahead.

KDENISE977

Called the vet last night to ask when we should look to see some improvement, she said 3-5 days. Just gave her day 3 of meds.... CAN'T WAIT TO GO HOME AND SEE !!! (if she can see me :lol:)

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Called the vet last night to ask when we should look to see some improvement, she said 3-5 days. Just gave her day 3 of meds.... CAN'T WAIT TO GO HOME AND SEE !!! (if she can see me :lol:)

:huggy: Good luck!

KDENISE977

How is she doing, KDenise? And have you heard anything back on her bloodwork?

Nothing yet, they said it would be a few days. She's in really good spirits though. She is eating and drinking good. Now I guess we just wait. I never thought I'd say this, but I really hope it's a parasite, then I know it's something we can treat and it won't return.

KDENISE977

Remi misses his running partner :mad: I have little patience and the meds haven't kicked in yet I guess

Attachments

• image-2291634029.jpg
    image-2291634029.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 408