My GOD this woman is dumb!!

SamSpade

You're confused, historically republicans benefit from elitists polices, look at the impact of the most recent "tax cut".

Really? And where should I look?

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...o-many-billionaires-support-democratic-party/
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/23/business/rich-vote-republican-not-this-election-maybe.html?_r=0
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/04/why-democrats-are-becoming-the-party-of-the-1-percent

None of these are exactly right-wing propaganda outlets. (The Politifact article shows that trends change over time,
and there's still a fairly close balance - but not among billionaires).
Data shows that the rich are increasingly likely to be Democrats.

It's a mistake to cleanly divide Democrats and Republicans like that or fall for the old canard that one party is for the rich
and the other for the poor. Nothing is so simplistic, and national politics doesn't fall into black hats and white hats.
It might work for cartoons and kid's movies, but nothing works like that in real life.

Last edited:

This_person

I want universal health care, no matter the cost. I don't want anyone denied in 2018 to have accessibility for treatment. I want no restrictions for pre-existing conditions, I don't want anyone claiming bankruptcy due to a medical aliment.

That's very altruistic and admirable. You should get as many like-minded millionaires and billionaires to start a charity to ensure your wish happens. Because, there is no provision in the Constitution that allows the federal government to do such a thing as you seek, and that's on purpose.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I want universal health care, no matter the cost. I don't want anyone denied in 2018 to have accessibility for treatment. I want no restrictions for pre-existing conditions, I don't want anyone claiming bankruptcy due to a medical aliment.

NO ONE is Suggesting YOU do have ACCESS to healthcare, what you don't have is a RIGHT to make me pay for YOUR healthcare

I want an acknowledgement that the exiting population is reducing its birthrate and at a minimum we need to sustain the current levels of immigration to keep our population levels growing to sustain economic growth.

AFAIK - NO One Here is against LEGAL Immigration and as far as Silicon Valley goes ... that started WAY before the companies You Mention

Apple, Hewlett Packard, Digital, 3Com, Adaptic, Akamai Technologies, Atari, Inc., Fairchild Semiconductor, Maxtor, McAfee, Memorex, National Semiconductor

such companies were founded by OLD White people ...

from your article .... [recode a vox media site] :eyebrow:

These tech companies — and all of Silicon Valley — also rely on immigration to staff their businesses to compensate for a shortage of tech workers in the U.S.

there is NO shortage or Americans to Work IT, companies do not want to pay Americans what they are worth, they want the cheaper H1B labor

WingsOfGold

Sarah Palin was trying to be elected as vice president, she'd be president if the elderly McCain had become incapacitated. Are you really comparing AOC to her? One of 435 members, who actually still hasn't been seated in the new congress?

Not sure why you went with Palin, I think you're looking for someone like Michele Bachmann, so many wise words from that rep.

The obsession with AOC I think is more cathartic for the right than anything else, they are relishing in her idiocy and inexperience. Lets them forget their issues, I mean we have a leaving Republic majority House and Senate who could not pass a complete budget for a Republican president to sign!

Pelosi will hold a Dem house majority till 2020 for Klobuchar to win (find some dirt on her) the presidency and probably Senate since the map will be much better for Dems.

Palin at least had some executive experience, I doubt the imbecile in question that will be voting on laws got that while working as a stock girl at Dollar General.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
This chick may be dumb on substance (though i suspect some of it - at a minimum - is on purpose), but she is frighteningly clever. More so when her bot army (like Tranny) seeks to play the "she's not a wolf in sheep's clothing" gambit. She is every bit the wolf and we dismiss her at our peril.

--- End of line (MCP)

I think you are giving this dumbbell too much credit. Most of the time your replies are spot on. In this instance I'm not so sure. Time will tell.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I want an acknowledgement that the exiting population is reducing its birthrate and at a minimum we need to sustain the current levels of immigration to keep our population levels growing to sustain economic growth. We also need to remember that most west coast IT companies were created by first or second generation immigrants (Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon) https://www.recode.net/2018/1/12/16883260/trump-immigration-us-america-tech-companies-immigrants

Why are you so scared of these policies?

I would like to engage you in a conversation on this topic. You would have to agree that most of the immigrants that your refer to have been folks that have legally immigrated into this country. I recall President Trump saying just that. We need to have a skills based immigration policy. We already have enough high school or below level worker.

And why do we have to increase in population? Why not have a net zero population increase? Our infrastructure can't handle the increase. When I was born in 1959, the US population was under 178M. Today it is over 330M. That's an increase of 142M, almost a doubling in 60 years. I don't see how this is a benefit. If nothing else it's a negative. More traffic, more people driving up housing prices, etc. Help me out here.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Well there's the first problem. The latest "Medicare for All" proposal was estimated at 32.6 *trillion* over ten years.
That's DOUBLE per year what we already spend - and we spend too much, with the deficits we run.
So having the *government* do it all isn't going to work, and government run healthcare is going to be worse.
For one thing, doctors and hospitals already struggle with the paltry payments from Medicare - they'll go broke
if everyone paid them. So either it's going to cost more, or the medical care will get worse.

Clearly the most sensible solution is not for the government to take it all, but for those who cannot get
healthcare to be targeted and THAT portion be fixed. If 10 or 20 percent can't get healthcare, then find a way
to get it for the 10 or 20 percent.

I didn't really say that it has to be government run, if I said "medicare for all" I want to walk that back. I think the US system is unique in how intertwined private companies are with our health care coverage, if there was a magic wand and all of a sudden "medicare for all" existed, what would happen to Aetna? They all become feds? no way, it needs to take an approach like the affordable care act. The US also backs a disproportionate amount of medication funding due to our higher costs, that would have to be handled in some way.

Last edited:

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Yes you do. I can't think of anyone - especially a woman - in the past ten to fifteen years who has run for national office
and been more lampooned and ridiculed in the press. From SNL, late night comedians, daily press - and what's more, it
went WAY after the election was a distant memory. How many *VP* candidates have ever received such treatment?

And UNLIKE AOC - she *lost*. But it's still going on. It's been ten years, and they're still doing stuff on Bristol and
her child. Let me mention that again - she LOST the election, and they KEEP hammering. She's never held elective office
since, and they can't stop.

The left has never let up on her and still portrays her as "stupid" even though even a cursory look at her
career would show otherwise.

But she didn't try to hide from the spotlight, she had two tv shows!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin's_Alaska

and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_America_with_Sarah_Palin

She also authored at least 7 books:

https://www.amazon.com/Sarah-Palin/e/B002QW385O

She's easy to lampoon, and I think the lack of the right embracing her in the last 8 years speaks to her qualifications. I doubt few here in this forum would defend her, she was in over her head in AK, poor choice of a running mate, then tried to keep herself in the spotlight for an embarrassingly long amount of time.

If she was skilled the right would be bringing her out all the time. An attractive, pro gun, woman? Just speak with some consistency and intelligence and she would have been golden.

Last edited:

truby20

Fighting like a girl
That's very altruistic and admirable. You should get as many like-minded millionaires and billionaires to start a charity to ensure your wish happens. Because, there is no provision in the Constitution that allows the federal government to do such a thing as you seek, and that's on purpose.

Can we do away with Social Security and Medicare too? Please, lets be strict constitutionalist.

Last edited:

truby20

Fighting like a girl
NO ONE is Suggesting YOU do have ACCESS to healthcare, what you don't have is a RIGHT to make me pay for YOUR healthcare

Quit making me pay for your schools! I don't have kids and frankly those who have kids already get a tax break then expect the rest of us to pay for childcare and education on top of it!

(all I wrote is true, but I don't believe the second half, we're a society and I'm happy to pay my part).

AFAIK - NO One Here is against LEGAL Immigration and as far as Silicon Valley goes ... that started WAY before the companies You Mention

Apple, Hewlett Packard, Digital, 3Com, Adaptic, Akamai Technologies, Atari, Inc., Fairchild Semiconductor, Maxtor, McAfee, Memorex, National Semiconductor

such companies were founded by OLD White people ...

from your article .... [recode a vox media site] :eyebrow:

These tech companies — and all of Silicon Valley — also rely on immigration to staff their businesses to compensate for a shortage of tech workers in the U.S.

there is NO shortage or Americans to Work IT, companies do not want to pay Americans what they are worth, they want the cheaper H1B labor

Your list is a bit, much,

Steve jobs was a second generation immigrant, Woz was not.

I honestly don't have the energy to look into Atari or Memorex, ask anyone born in the last 20 years about either company, you'll get your answer about their relevance.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Palin at least had some executive experience, I doubt the imbecile in question that will be voting on laws got that while working as a stock girl at Dollar General.

AOC is no Palin, I can't believe honestly she is in the House. But, I'm interested to see how it plays out in the next two years. I was just saying that she was being compared to Palin, which I found astonishing.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
And why do we have to increase in population? Why not have a net zero population increase? Our infrastructure can't handle the increase. When I was born in 1959, the US population was under 178M. Today it is over 330M. That's an increase of 142M, almost a doubling in 60 years. I don't see how this is a benefit. If nothing else it's a negative. More traffic, more people driving up housing prices, etc. Help me out here.

Social Security is a pyramid setup and will go bankrupt unless we have more contributors or remove the tax cap.

We have plenty of land and resources, as well as one of the best education systems and certainly the best secondary education system in the world. We should embrace and assimilate the majority who want to come in, but we can't be like the European countries who have no idea what they are doing and end up developing the suburb situation which France is facing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_situation_in_the_French_suburbs

littlelady

God bless the USA
So he was born in the US and he's a citizen.

Lost cause. The twisting and spinning is too much for some people, and they give in, and lap it up. They don’t understand that Our Country is being destroyed by elitist, power hungry, take over the World politicians. Speaking of entities that need to be done away with...that would be the UN. I wonder how the mother in labor, and child are doing that, recently, scaled the Wall that We have. Probably, just fine at Our expense. Get it? Out of control is an understatement.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Quit making me pay for your schools! I don't have kids and frankly those who have kids already get a tax break then expect the rest of us to pay for childcare and education on top of it!

(all I wrote is true, but I don't believe the second half, we're a society and I'm happy to pay my part).

you are not paying for my child's school I pay for her to go to a private school

school is hardly Heath Care Ms Fluke by your own damn condoms

Steve jobs was a second generation immigrant ....

so what :shrug:

was he the son of a a LEGAL immigrant ?
That is the ONLY Question that Matters

SamSpade

She's easy to lampoon,

Well then, case closed. It's not as though AOC has made it hard.

AOC has CERTAINLY provided an enormous trove of statements to laugh about.
STILL maintain the left was relentless. When they start ridiculing AOC *after* she leaves office and claim her husband screwed her daughter
and ridicule her FAMILY, I'll see it. I've never seen the like before - and they are STILL doing it.

and I think the lack of the right embracing her in the last 8 years speaks to her qualifications.

The only person I know of that has long since left office and is still in the limelight is Newt. And maybe Mike Huckabee.
Everyone else - not really in the public eye. Former ACTUAL VP's and VP candidates? Like Cheney - not much in the news.

I doubt few here in this forum would defend her, she was in over her head in AK,.

Really? Most popular governor in the nation at the time, and most popular in Alaskan history.
What SANK her career as governor was not ineffective governor but *RELENTLESS* assaults and frivolous
ethics complaints. You know, cost millions but never accomplished anything.

AFTER she was defeated. Frankly, I am surprised she didn't turn into the sullen Hillary.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I want an acknowledgement that the exiting population is reducing its birthrate and at a minimum we need to sustain the current levels of immigration to keep our population levels growing to sustain economic growth.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/12/21...t-illegal-immigration-destroying-environment/

They instead focus on how essential immigrants are for propping up (for the time being) the Ponzi scheme that is the welfare state and the positive effects immigrants have on the economy. It’s an intriguing flip from conventional wisdom: The left doesn’t want to talk about environmental problems that are tied directly to a specific policy that a majority of Americans want changed.