My Indy-Bug

Independence

We are asking for prayers again. Tomorrow is Indy's next checkup at the oncologist. I am worried. His tumor is not responding to the medication very well. Usually he gets the meds and you can see a noticable difference the next day. The past couple of days the tumor is growing. The meds seem to just take the "edge off" the tumor the morning after he takes it. I'm worried that the meds aren't working anymore. I'm hoping that he can get a higher dosage of the Palladia and maybe increase the prednisone. I'm trying to stay positive...

SoftballCrazy

We are asking for prayers again. Tomorrow is Indy's next checkup at the oncologist. I am worried. His tumor is not responding to the medication very well. Usually he gets the meds and you can see a noticable difference the next day. The past couple of days the tumor is growing. The meds seem to just take the "edge off" the tumor the morning after he takes it. I'm worried that the meds aren't working anymore. I'm hoping that he can get a higher dosage of the Palladia and maybe increase the prednisone. I'm trying to stay positive...
Good luck - prayers said! :huggy:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

:huggy: for you, Indy and Indy's dad. We're all pulling for Indy.

Independence

Thanks a bunch. Please let me know how Biscuit's visit with the doc goes tomorrow. I'm sure you both will be happy to get those staples out.

J

jp2854

hey indy how did your vet apt go (I remember you asking us to pray for your indy and I have been hoping for the best for him so am I curious as to how he made out).

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Hey Catt how was Biscuit's doctor visit?

Long! The seroma had grown very large on Saturday and Sunday. They had to insert a drain. He was pretty heavily sedated but not "out." He was there all day. He is again on strict confinement and has to have his "vest" changed every three days (by my local vet) and the drain can come out after about 10 days.

He only has one stitch holding the drain in place...hopefully this will be the last of all of the bandages, etc.

Just a minor inconvenience.

How's your boy?

Attachments

• Biscuit vest.jpg
    Biscuit vest.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 66

Independence

Is the seroma from the lymph node fluids? No infection? I hope it's just a bump in the road. When Indy had his lymph node removed it swelled pretty good for a while. I hope it's a small bump in his recovery. Please give Biscuit a big hug and kiss from Indy and me. We'll keep praying for a swift recovery.

Not a good visit yesterday for Indy. His white blood cell count was low again so no meds for a week. The tumor has been growing even with the meds so I am terrified to see what this week will bring. She increase his prednisone hoping it will help hold off some of the growth. She is going to a conference this weekend and hopes to come back with something we can try. She feels the same way that I do. I don't think the Palladia is working anymore.

I'm trying to take things one day at a time. I week seems like an eternity right now.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Is the seroma from the lymph node fluids? No infection? I hope it's just a bump in the road. When Indy had his lymph node removed it swelled pretty good for a while. I hope it's a small bump in his recovery. Please give Biscuit a big hug and kiss from Indy and me. We'll keep praying for a swift recovery.

No infection...this is somewhat normal when a large amount of tissue is removed. Hard to bandage or use an e-collar since the location is on his neck.

Not a good visit yesterday for Indy. His white blood cell count was low again so no meds for a week. The tumor has been growing even with the meds so I am terrified to see what this week will bring. She increase his prednisone hoping it will help hold off some of the growth. She is going to a conference this weekend and hopes to come back with something we can try. She feels the same way that I do. I don't think the Palladia is working anymore.

I'm trying to take things one day at a time. I week seems like an eternity right now.

Oh, I'm so sorry. I wonder if Dr. Arrington would have any ideas?

Independence

Today we lost the battle. I helped Indy go at noon today. He had it rough for the past 2 nights and this morning for the first time he was not my happy boy. He told me he was ready. I am amazed at how quickly his cancer progressed once he stopped taking the medication. All of his lymph nodes were filling and he was having a hard time breathing. We couldn't bear the thought of him suffering. I am still numb. I've been wandering around the house picking up all the memories of him.

We are blessed to have him for as long as we did and amazed at the medication that helped him have a quailty of life for months longer than expected. Our hope is the data collected from his experience will help the next dog with their cancer and maybe help further the science so we can overcome this disease.

I want to thank everyone for all of the love, thoughts and prayers. I am blessed to have you all in my life. It gets me thru these days.

D

dems4me

Today we lost the battle. I helped Indy go at noon today. He had it rough for the past 2 nights and this morning for the first time he was not my happy boy. He told me he was ready. I am amazed at how quickly his cancer progressed once he stopped taking the medication. All of his lymph nodes were filling and he was having a hard time breathing. We couldn't bear the thought of him suffering. I am still numb. I've been wandering around the house picking up all the memories of him.

We are blessed to have him for as long as we did and amazed at the medication that helped him have a quailty of life for months longer than expected. Our hope is the data collected from his experience will help the next dog with their cancer and maybe help further the science so we can overcome this disease.

I want to thank everyone for all of the love, thoughts and prayers. I am blessed to have you all in my life. It gets me thru these days.

I'm very sorry for your loss. :frown:

Loper

Animal Poor!

:bawl: I am so sorry for your loss of Indy I was really hoping he would pull through!!!! From reading your posts it seems like you guys did everything you could!! :huggy: They really do let you know when it is time!

RIP Indy!!

jdg85

I am so sorry for your lost. I lost my golden retriever 2 years ago from cancer in his jaw. He lived for 4 months and when it was time he did let me know. He was young also only 6. The hardest thing I ever had to do was say good bye.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

Oh God...I'm soooo sorry..I know how heartbroken you are. :huggy:

Cowgirl

Independence, I'm so sorry. :frown: We've all been crossing our fingers and wishing for the best. He was SUCH a lucky dog to have such wonderful owners who did anything and everything they could for him. :huggy: