My two Friday Gripes

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Haha, I was hoping one of these threads would come up so I would not have to start one myself.

But really, you stupid bicyclists on Rose Hill Road/6/Causeway/Chapel Point Rd...

These are small, two laned roads.. and you jerks honestly expect me to chill out behind you until I can find a safe passing point and then have to drive in the OTHER LANE to get around you. How about you get the heck off the road OR go ride on that new fancy bike path they built. I can't tell you how many times I've seen bicyclists almost be hit because of how curvy the roads are and they come around a turn and bam-a bicyclist.

Because the law say so, asshat...
Current Bicycle Laws

SugarNSpikes

You don't need to call people names. I understand the law, but I mean, aren't there other larger roads that pose less of a hazard to everyone?

Edit: My issue is not specifically with those who follow the rules (i.e. staying on the edge of the road.. that's not a huge inconvenience to move and continue about my business) but it's those who tend to travel in packs and want to ride side by side instead of a single file line or those bicyclists who all over the road (I've seen it numerous times) and won't ride closer to the right side.

Last edited:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
You don't need to call people names. I understand the law, but I mean, aren't there other larger roads that pose less of a hazard to everyone?

Edit: My issue is not specifically with those who follow the rules (i.e. staying on the edge of the road.. that's not a huge inconvenience to move and continue about my business) but it's those who tend to travel in packs and want to ride side by side instead of a single file line or those bicyclists who all over the road (I've seen it numerous times) and won't ride closer to the right side.

I agree with you. They are always on Baptist Church Rd and you come around a turn and almost hit them. The road has a lot of curves so it is hard to pass. They should stick to more bike friendly roads.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate

You came out with the ha ha like you were waiting for a cyclist to come on (your words) and you called them "stupid cyclist" You get what you dish out.

now, since you do seem capable of speaking in an intelligent mature manner, thank you for recognizing the fact that not all are the same. I too, an avid cyclist, hates when riders take more than a fair share of the road, flaunt the rules of the road and flat out violate traffic laws.

Last edited:

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
I agree with you. They are always on Baptist Church Rd and you come around a turn and almost hit them. The road has a lot of curves so it is hard to pass. They should stick to more bike friendly roads.

I've ridden that road many times, I agree it's a curvy road and can be dangerous, but all in all, I have to say that most drivers are very courteous, pass with plenty of room and wave.

But I also wave them past when I can see ahead of a potentially blind or hard to see area, make sure I am on, I mean ON, the white line and if I notice several cars coming or a long line approaching from opposing lane, I'll simply pull off the road.